Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2016, 10:18 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times

Advertisements

With yet another "I don’t think I’ve changed my view".

How Hillary Clinton's State Department Sold Fracking to the World | Mother Jones

"Under [Clinton's] leadership, the State Department worked closely with energy companies to spread fracking around the globe—part of a broader push to fight climate change, boost global energy supply, and undercut the power of adversaries such as Russia that use their energy resources as a cudgel.

American officials—some with deep ties to industry—also helped US firms clinch potentially lucrative shale concessions overseas, raising troubling questions about whose interests the program actually serves.

https://theintercept.com/2016/05/23/...nton-fracking/

The Global Shale Gas Initiative, Clinton’s program for promoting fracking, was announced on April 7, 2010, by David Goldwyn, the State Department’s special envoy for energy affairs, at the United States Energy Association (USEA), whose members include Chevron, ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, and Shell.

April 15 debate:
Q: OK. Secretary Clinton, as secretary of state, you also pioneered a program to promote fracking around the world, as you described. Fracking, of course, a way of extracting natural gas. Now as a candidate for president, you say that by the time you’re done with all your rules and regulations, fracking will be restricted in many places around the country. Why have you changed your view on fracking?

CLINTON: No, well, I don’t think I’ve changed my view on what we need to do to go from where we are, where the world is heavily dependent on coal and oil, but principally coal, to where we need to be, which is clean renewable energy, and one of the bridge fuels is natural gas. And so for both economic and environmental and strategic reasons, it was American policy to try to help countries get out from under the constant use of coal, building coal plants all the time, also to get out from under, especially if they were in Europe, the pressure from Russia, which has been incredibly intense. So we did say natural gas is a bridge. We want to cross that bridge as quickly as possible, because in order to deal with climate change, we have got to move as rapidly as we can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 12:28 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
Who the frack cares?

Go Trump!

Old 05-31-2016, 04:31 AM

26,493 posts, read 15,070,512 times
I brought this up before.

Hillary on one hand is saying she opposes fracking at home, while on the other hand she is using her influence to increase it abroad while holding hands with Exxon and Chevron.

Democrats don't care just like they looked the other way with Obama's constant lies and BS. They do care if you don't notice Trump's lies though.

Emails: Hillary Loves Fracking, But Only In Other Countries | The Daily Caller

Forbes Welcome

Old 05-31-2016, 06:14 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,377 times
The Clinton Foundation received less donations from fracking companies than the clean energy companies is probably the real answer

Old 05-31-2016, 07:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I brought this up before.

Hillary on one hand is saying she opposes fracking at home, while on the other hand she is using her influence to increase it abroad while holding hands with Exxon and Chevron.

Democrats don't care just like they looked the other way with Obama's constant lies and BS. They do care if you don't notice Trump's lies though.

Emails: Hillary Loves Fracking, But Only In Other Countries | The Daily Caller

Forbes Welcome
Obama IS known as the fracking president.

Other countries are in dire need of cheap fuel. They also like heating and electric.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:37 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Who the frack cares?

Go Trump!
Unfrackingbelievable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections