Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2016, 10:21 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,313,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
The only reason to vote for Trump, IMHO, would be to avoid Hillary.
I would do the reverse, but see your point.

I'll probably end up voting third party if it is between Clinton and Trump. She is just so fake and untrustworthy. I suppose that can apply to most politicians, but she's a glaring example. Her husband's attacks on Sanders make her even less attractive as a candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 10:22 AM

988 posts, read 688,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I would do the reverse, but see your point.

I'll probably end up voting third party if it is between Clinton and Trump. She is just so fake and untrustworthy. I suppose that can apply to most politicians, but she's a glaring example. Her husband's attacks on Sanders make her even less attractive as a candidate.
This is roughly my take too.

The lies, the corrupt campaign, all of that, it just leaves no room whatsoever to get close to her and like her.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:40 PM

10,063 posts, read 9,585,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I said yesterday I couldn't vote for her because I had standards. I thought about it today and nothing has change.
LOL.... I expect daily updates.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:26 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,362,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
I'm beginning to think I can't vote for her.

Her supporters have driven me away. Some of them seem like paid shills, and I image some snot-nosed political operative giving them marching orders to never admit to anything, deny her previous positions, lie, etc. It's offensive to someone like me, who is looking for dialogue around important issues (and who worked many years as an advocate on environmental issues), in every possible way. I'm sure that they've made a calculation based on large number of voters that this is the way to go, but they've lost this voter.

A day or two ago I thought I would vote for Hillary if Bernie didn't work out. Now I don't think I can. There is a culture of corruption around her campaign that stinks to high heaven. And FYI, I don't buy all the Benghazi, email server nonsense either. I'm someone who has been looking carefully for a way to support her based on her positions and her integrity, as evidenced by her campaign, and hasn't found it.
Hillary Clinton has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. She's about money and power (for herself) and nothing else. What's frustrating is that people buy her snake oil. She's a compulsive liar and even lied about being a liar when asked if she has ever lied to the people. A lot of her supporters (in the sense of people advocating on her behalf on TV, in the media, etc.) are fellow leftists that make money and benefit when she's in power, so I wouldn't take their positive feedback too seriously. Her rank and file voters, I really don't know what they see in her.

Think about the email scandal, as just one example. She said she used a personal email address for convenience, which was a lie to begin with. Why didn't she use a Gmail address? Because, if she used a Gmail address, the messages are property of Google and stored on their servers and could be released unaltered and in their entirety in light of future subpoenas, FOIA requests, etc. The reason she created her own server is that it gave her final control over the messages that were traded from her accounts (I believe there were multiple email addresses). Without turning over the server with no deletions/alterations made, she may as well turn over nothing, which is what she has done. It's not that complicated to figure out.

When she told the Benghazi victims' families the government would prosecute the film maker (knowing it was a bald-faced lie), it shows you how callous she is and how she always puts her own interests above those of the country, even if it means Americans die and lying to their families about what happened. They all knew (HRC, Obama, Susan Rice, etc.) that the BS about the video being the cause of the Benghazi attack was an out-and-out lie, but they parroted that line (and still maintain they weren't lying) b/c it helped their cause. Obama was in the middle of the campaign and going around saying ISIS has been defeated and using the crap about 'Bin Laden is dead, GM is alive,' and admitting Benghazi was a terror attack would have proven that he was lying. He didn't care and even repeated the lie about the video in a speak at the UN.

The point is Hillary Clinton doesn't have any integrity. Name me someone else who has amassed a fortune of hundreds of millions of dollars RUNNING a charity. Usually, it's the other way around -- someone becomes wealthy in business and sets up a charity as a vehicle of donating resources to causes that are important to that person or family. Her charity is just a slush fund allowing her and her family to live high on the hog while trading favors and peddling influence. It's not like people would pay the Clintons that much (they made $153M in speaking fees in 14 years) b/c they're that insightful or well-spoken.

Look at how she fakes a southern accent when campaigning in front of a largely african american audience in the south. When she goes on about gun control (and even last night about the GOP insult fest), she changes her cadence completely and sounds a lot more calm and mature than her usual shrill/annoying voice.

She praised TPP what, 45 times and helped negotiate it and now she opposes it when she's running against Sanders in a primary?

If people support Hillary Clinton, I really hope they're not expecting much positive change.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:31 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,158,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
I'm beginning to think I can't vote for her.

Her supporters have driven me away. Some of them seem like paid shills, and I image some snot-nosed political operative giving them marching orders to never admit to anything, deny her previous positions, lie, etc. It's offensive to someone like me, who is looking for dialogue around important issues (and who worked many years as an advocate on environmental issues), in every possible way. I'm sure that they've made a calculation based on large number of voters that this is the way to go, but they've lost this voter.

A day or two ago I thought I would vote for Hillary if Bernie didn't work out. Now I don't think I can. There is a culture of corruption around her campaign that stinks to high heaven. And FYI, I don't buy all the Benghazi, email server nonsense either. I'm someone who has been looking carefully for a way to support her based on her positions and her integrity, as evidenced by her campaign, and hasn't found it.
If I were a died in the wool Democrat I'd have to vote Bernie over Hillary, mostly for the reasons you state.
Wayyyy too much stink around her/them for way too long, even before Bill was president. Now I guess one could make the argument that she's just the most unlucky person in life who crap just falls on through no fault of her own but if that's in fact true, would you want that in the oval office?
Seriously, one just cannot be completely innocent after everything that's happened in her life. At some point the odds just catch up and make innocence an impossibility.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:32 PM

5,969 posts, read 3,939,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo99 View Post
I can't and won't vote for Hillary since I don't want Bill Clinton in the White House again.
Why? He was more conservative than Reagan and Bush.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:36 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,222,276 times
I'll do it only if I have to, to keep Cruz out of office. Why? Healthcare reform. The first time. When we had a bipartisan chance at Medicare for everyone open enrollment. She blew it after Bill put her in charge and she cozied up with a bunch of fat cats from the private insurers.

If the republicans and the DNC powers that be force me to make this vote- I will vote for the non-psychopath, but I'll puke afterwards.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:54 AM

38,922 posts, read 24,072,076 times
Because I am worried about her using the "I'm a woman," double standard to her advantage on the bully pulpit when criticized by Republicans or even Democrats that disagree. Just look at last night's debate with Bernie Sanders where she interrupted Sanders yet he was lambasted for his "Excuse me, can I finish?" And this was even from a female Trump supporter whoop the day before was fine with the harsh rhetoric spewed by Trump at his rallies... That said, the pragmatist in me may have to vote for her because I hate the Republican candidates more and voting third party won't enact any change with the current options because of the wide variety of them.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:35 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,665,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Because I am worried about her using the "I'm a woman," double standard to her advantage on the bully pulpit when criticized by Republicans or even Democrats that disagree. Just look at last night's debate with Bernie Sanders where she interrupted Sanders yet he was lambasted for his "Excuse me, can I finish?" And this was even from a female Trump supporter whoop the day before was fine with the harsh rhetoric spewed by Trump at his rallies... That said, the pragmatist in me may have to vote for her because I hate the Republican candidates more and voting third party won't enact any change with the current options because of the wide variety of them.
I mean - Hillary didn't lambaste him. That was the media going on and on about it.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:05 AM

988 posts, read 688,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That was a weird moment. She interrupted him when it was his turn to talk, and he was called dismissive and patronizing for trying to continue. That said, I don't think Hillary's campaign has been hypersensitive to this point in time, or overplaying the woman card. It was mostly commentators not connected with the campaign who called out Bernie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections