Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 11:17 AM
NCN

21,669 posts, read 25,767,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
I'm Very Smart. Really, I am.
But where is your sense of humor? You take things he says as a joke in the wrong way. Who is your candidate, Bush? lol

And as for being smart, the only way we can judge that is by your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 11:21 AM
NCN

21,669 posts, read 25,767,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I believe most rational people will do the same as the OP...back away from the over the top Trump when it comes time to actually vote. Sure he's entertaining BUT we're not voting for a Comedian-in-Chief. We need someone who can take the job seriously and put the job above his own ego, who isn't divisive, mean-spirited and who can keep his tongue in cheek when something is better left unsaid. Trump will never be able to do all that.
I find honesty refreshing beside of the rest of the pack. You want someone you can control. That's not a leader. And what is wrong with a president having a sense of humor? He is the least mean spirited of most of the candidates running. You just don't like his lack of PC. I love his lack of PC. If America is ever going to be anything near to what it used to be the communistic PC needs to go.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:25 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,865,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
So, is there a competition going on when it comes to the "anti-Trumps" of coming up with something on Trump?
Seriously, one stranger on the internet or more say something about someone and the herds of people supporting that person turn and go in a different direction?

If Donald Trump can stand on the debate stage without resorting to pounding the crap out of some of the other mouthy candidates, I think he is very emotionally and mentally stable. I have seen him on youtube at the rallies and he exercises great patience with the rude people in the audience.

While I have great sympathy for those supporting obvious losers, it is their choice to do that. "Anti-Trump" threads smell of frustration, desperation and envy.

Come on over to the winning side! Trump 2016.

It's not what Trump says about the other candidates. It has to do with the fact that he didn't even UNDERSTAND the nuclear triad question at the last debate! Trump gets his news about the economy, international crisis, etc., from the same sources you and I get the news. You think you could step into the role of President on day one, after being a spectator your entire career before you take the oath. Of course, if elected, he will get daily briefings, but the reality is, in this day and age, there is no such thing as "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington as President."

Old 01-26-2016, 11:26 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,680,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
"Even a Fool"

Are you being too quick to identify yourself ? I know others have questioned your sanity and intelligence with you're flip flopping like a fish on the bank about your Trump support. I never have done that and won't start now. You are the best evidence of your views and opinions today. If you're not embarrassed by your ever changing position then no one should fault you for it. We will all be embarrassed when Carly gets elected. We can all say, dam, never saw that coming.

Look, pal..I Never "Lock on" ...get attached to Any political candidate. I don't need a phD to realize 'They' All have been shaved by a drunken Barber.

When I stated my approval of Trump, more than once, it was before he exposed his Dark side, at least to the degree he has done so, recently.

If you accept Trump telling you he was Liberal, approved of Gay Marriage, of abortion, etc. etc.....But, does Not Now.....then, accept that I too, have changed my mind.....because more is clear now, than was so, a few months ago.

And BTW, mind-sets as yours, also give "pause."

Old 01-26-2016, 11:29 AM

26,345 posts, read 22,505,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
All the polls say I am!
Yes, they do! RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

Quote:
I believe most rational people will do the same as the OP...back away from the over the top Trump when it comes time to actually vote. Sure he's entertaining BUT we're not voting for a Comedian-in-Chief. We need someone who can take the job seriously and put the job above his own ego, who isn't divisive, mean-spirited and who can keep his tongue in cheek when something is better left unsaid. Trump will never be able to do all that.
"Most rational people" won't back away, aren't backing away and more are turning their support to Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gregory View Post
Trump won't win the general election. Not a chance.

Don't worry OP and ignore those who are bashing you for changing positions

At least you thought about it. Some just blindly follow their leaders and never question anything.
I suggest you regroup on who is being bashed in the thread. I have noticed the anti-Trumps, when not throwing insults at Trump, are applying all kinds of insulting names to the Trump supporters while at the same time, insulting Trump for doing the same thing toward his adversaries. So second grade.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
100% Agree.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:31 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,865,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
But where is your sense of humor? You take things he says as a joke in the wrong way. Who is your candidate, Bush? lol

And as for being smart, the only way we can judge that is by your posts.

I have a great sense of humor. I think the last flap over the "shoot someone" statement is just faux outrage. BUT, Trump has a pattern of demeaning anyone that does not agree with him. They are stupid, ugly, a loser, washed up, etc., That is a sign of a bully and someone who cannot relate to people on a "middle class" level. Meaning, Trump is very insulated in his daily life. He surrounds himself with only those people who feed his vanity and are "yes men." Otherwise, he verbally chops you down.

Trump's humor will not translate to an international diplomatic presence. Trump is a brilliant businessman, but he is NOT a qualified leader in the political sense. He will fail and we do not need an ego with no working knowledge of government to take off the training wheels when the world is on fire and our economy is just teetering on stability.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:32 AM

26,345 posts, read 22,505,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
It's not what Trump says about the other candidates. It has to do with the fact that he didn't even UNDERSTAND the nuclear triad question at the last debate! Trump gets his news about the economy, international crisis, etc., from the same sources you and I get the news. You think you could step into the role of President on day one, after being a spectator your entire career before you take the oath. Of course, if elected, he will get daily briefings, but the reality is, in this day and age, there is no such thing as "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington as President."
He is doing fine. At least, he doesn't belong to a group that wants to kill gays and is focused on the end times that he can't fill out the needed paperwork regarding loans like Cruz. Give up, Cruz is finished and God willed that so.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:34 AM

16,571 posts, read 15,420,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Trump, obviously, thinks SO Highly of himself, typical of Spoiled, Rich Lifestyle, that causes him to believe his Self-Importance is above the average citizen. I Luved Trump's smart, aggressive ways of describing what this Nation Needs to restore it back to days of stability.

But, after the Wild, Crazy talk from Trump, recently ...... Any sapient, rational adult must question Donald Trump's personal Mental and Emotional Stability ...

AS I have, I am truly Sad to say, regarding Donald Trump support for POTUSA, I back Away.
Off the wagon? Again? This is what, your 5th time that you swayed from slobbering over Trump to hating him and back again?

Old 01-26-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I have a great sense of humor. I think the last flap over the "shoot someone" statement is just faux outrage. BUT, Trump has a pattern of demeaning anyone that does not agree with him. They are stupid, ugly, a loser, washed up, etc., That is a sign of a bully and someone who cannot relate to people on a "middle class" level. Meaning, Trump is very insulated in his daily life. He surrounds himself with only those people who feed his vanity and are "yes men." Otherwise, he verbally chops you down.

Trump's humor will not translate to an international diplomatic presence. Trump is a brilliant businessman, but he is NOT a qualified leader in the political sense. He will fail and we do not need an ego with no working knowledge of government to take off the training wheels when the world is on fire and our economy is just teetering on stability.
Pretty Sound assessment ....I perceive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections