Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 12:16 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,391,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post

Look, he won't be able to deport every illegal immigrant.
Truth be told immigration debate has always been about the next 11 million. If he can keep what there is and not add to it he will be a success. In contrast to the rest of the field, you can see blood coming out o f his eyes when he talks wall. He can’t wait to get behind that backhoe and start digging the foundation. The mere news that he has been elected will dry up the flow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 12:29 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,664,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Truth be told immigration debate has always been about the next 11 million. If he can keep what there is and not add to it he will be a success. In contrast to the rest of the field, you can see blood coming out o f his eyes when he talks wall. He can’t wait to get behind that backhoe and start digging the foundation. The mere news that he has been elected will dry up the flow.
I think you've hit the nail here, even the thought of Trump in our White House will put a big dent in illegal immigration. You can tell, because he's already getting death threats from the Cartel.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:44 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Hey, I'm a Christie supporter, but it hasn't been looking good for him so far. I know polls don't matter so much until mid-January. We have seen candidates numbers rise 15% in a week in Jan/Feb.

That Trump is a born leader. He would get more done as president than anyone, and that's the most important thing.

Look, he won't be able to deport every illegal immigrant. But that's okay. You know why? Because at least he will try to. And in the end, all we can ask for, is to deport all the illegals in jail. Plus, the wall will be built, and Mexico will pay. It would be no big deal for Mexico to pay, but Mexico paying for the wall would be good for the American psyche.

I believe in Mr. Trump when he talks about negotiating trade deals, no brainier he is far most qualified. He makes most sense on foreign policy. Seems he comes up with best ideas first. Take the oil in Iraq would really hurt ISIS, it can be done. And why worry about beating Assad - the next leader of Syria won't be good either, it doesn't make any sense.

I love when he calls out Germany. It is so true. I have never heard a candidate do that.

Another important issue. None of these politicians treat taxpayer money like their own. Trump will cut spending!! He is very cheap Trump. He won't waste money on b.s. He will cut spending, we will save a ton of money as a nation.

Mr. Trump has overcome so much to this point. Go back and look at the new clips from 3 months ago. Every single person said he was just a carnival barker that wouldn't even make debates because he wouldn't even poll over 1%. Nobody even took him seriously at all. People like Nate Silver, Krauthammer, and all these pundits are completely clueless. It amazes me how they are not fired. They don't do their jobs. Huff post still puts Trump in entertainment section, lol.

As someone who has followed politics forever. Anytime Trump (going back years) was a guest on a political show, he always made sense. You stopped and listened.

Rubio is Trumps biggest threat, out of process of elimination. I don't see how you can pick Rubio. He is the biggest puppet of them all. He will get nothing done at all. Rubio in it for the money. He has a big for sale sign on his back, and is not about the voters.

Come mid January... They are really going to come at Trump big time. Hopefully the voters are not brainwashed. It is pretty easy to brainwash the public to vote Rubio though. It's going to be tough for Trump to hold off Rubio. He probably won't be able to do it. But it's looking now like he has a shot here.

The idea that Trump couldn't beat Hillary is ridiculous too. He would get plenty of people to cross party lines, and get the independents. Hillary can have her Latinos. They are all in California anyway, and Clinton will win that state anyway. Trump would look so authentic on a debate stage standing next to Hillary, it would be very tough for her.

If Christie doesn't catch fire, I would love to see Trump pull off the ultimate upset for the ages. Hopefully people realize Rubio is nothing but a sharp tongued talker, and not a doer. Trump is a leader, and will get things done, he will get everyone in line - from congress to the leaders of Europe.
You actually think he can do it means as you are saying, if Chirtie doesn't get the nomination you will support him. That is very different from his being able to pull it off. Will he, God who knows, but with the coverage he is getting it might happen and how sad that would be. May I also add, it is hard for me to understand how you could be for Christie and still be satisfied with Trump. They are as diferent as 2 candidates could be. Look at the deportation policy of the two: of course Trump can't do it. I would respect him more if his opinions were a little more realistic and if he would stop saying: of course I can, I will make Mexico pay for a beautiful wall. That is so immature. Same as his famous saying I am rich!!

The Republicans do need the Latino vote; there are a heck of a lot more states than Ca. that have a large Hispanic population: Fl, NM, Tex, RI, and even here in AR. not to mention AZ and New York. Not all Latinos are Mexican.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:52 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Some things for you to consider:
Trump gained almost 30% of the GOp support from day one, yet he really has not gained any further support since and does not look to be gaining any in the future.
While Trump does have 30% support, it also means that 80% of Repubs do not support him and as other candidates drop out it is unlikely he will be getting their supporters in his camp, he is far different from anyone else in the race and his appeal is limited to that 30%.
Carson, also an inexperienced candidate has actually passed Trump in some polls and there is nothing to keep other candidates from gain more support as time goes by.
Keep in mind that there is 12 MONTHS before the actual election and the reality is that the person that gets the GOP nomination will have to have the backing of the GOP Leadership and a large number of Republican voters, Trump has neither and the odds are against him being in the position to be there when the final curtain falls.
Speculating is fun, especially a year away from the election, but right now it is far too early to be declaring a winner.
We are on opposite sides of the fence politically, but we agree here. The only thing I would remind you and others of; we really do not have a year; the convention is about 9 months away

Old 11-11-2015, 02:23 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,005,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We are on opposite sides of the fence politically, but we agree here. The only thing I would remind you and others of; we really do not have a year; the convention is about 9 months away
Still a long way to go and much can change during that time, the real race has not really begun but it should be interesting to watch. As I said I think the best one left the Circus and went to do more good by running the House, maybe another time. Personally I am sad to see what Both sides are offering up as their Best, my how we have fallen as a Nation.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:07 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,168,827 times
Quote:

The Republicans do need the Latino vote; there are a heck of a lot more states than Ca. that have a large Hispanic population: Fl, NM, Tex, RI, and even here in AR. not to mention AZ and New York. Not all Latinos are Mexican.
And not all Latinos want amnesty and open borders. It's insulting to have politicians try to pander for my vote by saying they are for amnesty and open borders. Any politician on either side of the aisle who pulls that will NOT get my vote.

Besides, the Latino vote amounted to 10% of the entire voting bloc. 10% doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:09 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,817,272 times
Im Starting to Think Trump may pull off the Upset - Win Nomination

It will sure shame those who thought that Trump wouldn't last. This includes a number of CD forumers. You know who you are. LOL

(The people, especially the middle class, are tired of having establishment candidate choice A or choice B. You partisans should take lesson.)

Old 11-11-2015, 03:20 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,154,234 times
Quote:
I love this. Classic!!!!!!LOL

Old 11-11-2015, 05:56 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,997,215 times
Quote:
You actually think he can do it means as you are saying, if Chirtie doesn't get the nomination you will support him. That is very different from his being able to pull it off. Will he, God who knows, but with the coverage he is getting it might happen and how sad that would be. May I also add, it is hard for me to understand how you could be for Christie and still be satisfied with Trump. They are as diferent as 2 candidates could be. Look at the deportation policy of the two: of course Trump can't do it. I would respect him more if his opinions were a little more realistic and if he would stop saying: of course I can, I will make Mexico pay for a beautiful wall. That is so immature. Same as his famous saying I am rich!!

Pandering to the Hispanics is a major reason why our politicians have not addressed the issue of illegal immigration. If Trump did not make it a centerpiece of his campaign I doubt any of the other candidates would have brought it up, much less come up with a plan.

The residents of border states know first hand how illegal immigration affects American citizens adversely. And Hispanics who ARE here legally don't want illegals, either.....the illegals endanger their own jobs. The only Hispanics who hate Trump are ones who have ties to the illegals or who are using his comment about illegals to encompass all Hispanics.

Trump is a problem solver. There are plenty of examples of him finding ways to accomplish tasks that others have declared impossible or unable to do without huge expenditures or time. Him saying he is rich is not to brag, but to declare himself a success and tell people he is willing to apply that same knowledge and energy into helping America.

You haven't respected him from his first entry into the race, so I doubt no matter what he says or does, your mind is made up to dislike him. That's your right, but he hasn't been first in the polls for months for no reason. His message is resonating.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:08 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,989,118 times
Quote:
What people fail to realize is that if we do nothing the next 11 million will be more like 20 million.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections