Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Hillary Clinton Pick Bill Clinton as her Running Mate
Yes 7 17.07%
No 32 78.05%
Who are these people? 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 10:01 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,140,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There you go again. Talking about me instead of topic.
Because you are just so adorable and irresistible!!!

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 10:33 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,825,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Hillary will new a younger running mate, preferably a male Hispanic or black.
Yeah, I think she needs someone younger, male and very likable and easy to trust to balance her out. Must also be someone the public can imagine as competent enough to take over if something happens to her (the worst thing she could so is get her own version of Palin.)

I don't think it needs to be a person of color but if Rubio ends up the nominee it would certainly help.

The thing is I have no idea who fits the bill. I don't know if Castro really has that kind of pull.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:42 AM

45,559 posts, read 60,822,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Yeah, I think she needs someone younger, male and very likable and easy to trust to balance her out. Must also be someone the public can imagine as competent enough to take over if something happens to her (the worst thing she could so is get her own version of Palin.)

I don't think it needs to be a person of color but if Rubio ends up the nominee it would certainly help.

The thing is I have no idea who fits the bill. I don't know if Castro really has that kind of pull.

If that happens I wonder if SNL will do a skit which numerous people, eight years later, still don't realize was a comedy sketch and not the actual candidate?

Old 10-23-2015, 10:53 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,308,585 times
Quote:
As a Democratic mayor of a moderately conservative city (San Antonio, TX), Castro probably has fairly wide appeal. He could also help solidify Hispanic support.

The Democrats already have overwhelming African American support, so I'm not sure how much more Booker would do for them. If the Dems can leverage anywhere near as much support from Hispanics, it's game over.

Last edited by PanapolicRiddle; 10-23-2015 at 11:30 AM..

Old 10-23-2015, 11:13 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,717,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Because you are just so adorable and irresistible!!! Mick
Try sticking to the topic in the future.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:26 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,940,957 times
I believe that the Democrats will select their Vice Presidential nominee after they see the Republican ticket. Since the running mate is a matter of strategy, it will be someone that they feel will shore up their Presidential candidate's weaknesses.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:46 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,825,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
As mayor a Democratic mayor of a moderately conservative city (San Antonio, TX), Castro probably has fairly wide appeal. He could also help solidify Hispanic support.

The Democrats already have overwhelming African American support, so I'm not sure how much more Booker would do for them. If the Dems can leverage anywhere near as much support from Hispanics, it's game over.

Yeah, but Castro going from mayor of a mid sized city to possibly President of the United States? When the candidate is up there in age people really do take a harder look at the running mate. I'm just not sure he can project that level of leadership yet.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:57 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,308,585 times
Quote:
Yeah, but Castro going from mayor of a mid sized city to possibly President of the United States? When the candidate is up there in age people really do take a harder look at the running mate. I'm just not sure he can project that level of leadership yet.
Remember, Obama was only a state Senator before becoming POTUS, and Castro would only be potential VP, so I doubt that will be much of an issue, but we'll see.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:20 PM

37,805 posts, read 41,091,164 times
Bill Clinton, except for the sexcapades, is pretty well-thought of as a President. If I was him, I wouldn't stake my reputation on how she does the job should she be elected.

Hillary's VP will be for show. If you had an ex-president living with you, who would you go to, for advice? I'm not saying that in a disparaging way, either. If I was in that position, I'd do the same thing.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:34 PM

3,250 posts, read 6,319,353 times
Quote:
Castro is totally unqualified for the VP job with no experience even at the state level. A good choice for Clinton's VP would be Mark Dayton who has experience as both a senator and a governor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections