Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 04:16 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,674,860 times

Advertisements

Donald Trump: Most Americans Agree With Him, A New Poll Has Found - Fortune

This poll finds most Americans agree with Donald Trump

They have a similar assessment of the country.

Most Americans believe that the United States is not as great as it once was, which puts them in agreement with Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump.

Seventy-two percent of Americans had that assessment of the country in a new survey by Bloomberg Politics — a view of the nation that is central to the Trump campaign. Thirty-seven percent of respondents to the survey also said that they would prefer to see a government outsider leading the country. Amongst the Republicans the desire for an outsider is even more pronounced, with 51% saying they want a candidate who hasn’t worked in government, but still has proven leadership skills.

The results help explain why Trump continues to lead the large Republican field, with 21% of registered Republicans naming him their first choice for president in the Bloomberg poll. Following Trump is Ben Carson, another outsider, with a 16% share. Former Hewlett-Packard HPQ -0.90% CEO Carly Fiorina, yet another outsider, came in fourth with an 11% share, with Jeb Bush edging her out slightly with 13%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 04:59 PM

19,905 posts, read 9,464,540 times
I am a person who agrees that the U.S. is going to hell in a hurry, but I will not vote for Trump.

Why anyone would vote for that arrogant, bombastic, greedy, bigoted and somewhat racist egomaniac is just beyond me -- and the idea of him being Commander in Chief with all that implies horribly frightens me. Plus, he has shown that he has absolutely no rea regard for the common person at all.

I am convinced that if Trump is elected (although I honestly don't think he will be, I hope), he will divide this country even more so than it already is.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:05 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,989,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I am a person who agrees that the U.S. is going to hell in a hurry, but I will not vote for Trump.

Why anyone would vote for that arrogant, bombastic, greedy, bigoted and somewhat racist egomaniac is just beyond me -- and the idea of him being Commander in Chief with all that implies horribly frightens me. Plus, he has shown that he has absolutely no rea regard for the common person at all.

I am convinced that if Trump is elected (although I honestly don't think he will be, I hope), he will divide this country even more so than it already is.
i was reading your post with great interest until you got to the playground, juvenile name calling, sorry

Old 09-24-2015, 05:07 PM

17,493 posts, read 9,313,310 times
I read all the questions in the Poll. I'm not too impressed by the questions - most are "agenda driven" and many have no good answer at all. This is fairly common with Polls - I've participated in many Telephone Polls.

Leadership is certainly an issue - Trump excels in the perception of "Leadership". Anyone who doesn't think that American Leadership and the "Greatness of America" is not a problem ..... is living in a cave, drunk on Kool-Aid.

From the Poll .....
What do you think are the ONE or TWO Biggest Threats to American greatness? (Read list. Rotate. Multiple responses accepted, so total may exceed 100%.)

12 People living in the country illegally
21 Competition from China and other countries
26 The rise of ISIS, also known as the Islamic State
27 Our own lagging work ethic
32 Moral decay

25 The concentration of the nation’s wealth among very few individuals
5 Not sure

Moral Decay is tops -- that may translate to different things for different people. Some will look at Abortion (which has been around since 1974) as "moral decay", some will surely think that Same Sex Marriage is "moral decay". Perhaps there are many like me -- the Massive Corruption in our Government is the Greatest Threat to "American Greatness". This Nation was built on a System of Government that is based on LAWS and FREEDOMS. When we ignore the Constitution and ignore the LAWS that our Representatives pass ...... THAT is "Moral Decay" of the worst sort. When we lose LAW, we lose all. We have also lost the PRESS - they are now massively Agenda driven and believe the are King Makers. They are no longer the Watch Dogs -- I think that is "Moral Decay".

The thing that impresses me the MOST about Donald Trump is the way he handles the Press. He isn't afraid of them , which is a HUGE problem with our CongressCritters - they so fear the Media/Press that they refuse to do their jobs.
Experience has shown the CongressCritters that Media/Press will Destroy them if they step outside the boundaries of the Media/Press Leftist Agenda. Trump doesn't care about that. It is his greatest strength.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:09 PM

39,111 posts, read 51,356,528 times
21%? Looks like his rise has stopped and even reversed a bit. Bush at 13% is positioned to win and will very likely do so.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:13 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,584,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post

No one can divide the Country any more than it is already divided. Actually, he is bringing together people who would have never agreed with each other, without him out in the front leading.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:16 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,584,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
21%? Looks like his rise has stopped and even reversed a bit. Bush at 13% is positioned to win and will very likely do so.
Yes, 13% is a millimeter away from 21%, GB is soooo close.......NOT...

Old 09-24-2015, 05:40 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,990,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
i was reading your post with great interest until you got to the playground, juvenile name calling, sorry
That's not name calling, that's a description. Please learn the difference.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:46 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,704,726 times
I hear that train a coming, it's rolling around the bend. WHHOOO WHHOOO It's the Trump train !!! It's not to late to get on board the vision to make America great again !!! "GO TRUMP"

Old 09-24-2015, 05:50 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,304,274 times
I don't really care what all of the 'angry' Americans think.

I care what the rational, thoughtful and logical people of America think. And it's not about drooling over an entitled arrogant spoiled brat who believes that he is the center of the universe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections