Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 06:52 AM

25,867 posts, read 16,582,661 times

Advertisements

It kind of hurts to hear that from another country but I can't argue with a word of it. I'm afraid we are doomed as a nation. I see a break up coming with most of the brains and common sense folks retreating from the rest to form a new, smaller nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 06:52 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,798,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It is past time to take stock of ourselves; to review our history, and learn who we are (or were) as a people, and what we have become.
Yea, and what if we decide we don't want to "take stock of ourselves", tough guy?

What are you gonna do about it? Institute marshal law?

Old 07-07-2015, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
It's too late, gone too far.......

The history we know, has been subverted, perverted, and rewritten in the public school systems for a generation now. Then further attacked and falsified by the "professors" in our universities.

The only thing that can re-educate the up and coming present and future masses is experience with reality that will bite them in the arse in the future, and keep biting them until they wake up to the fact they've been sold a bill of goods. They indeed are the useful idiots those "old fools" told them they were back in the day.

The only hope for the future now, is to keep a real account, of the real history, in a place were it cannot be destroyed, or "revised", so the future can re discover it at a later time.......

And so goes the cycle of history. Freedom, to tyranny, and back again, and again

CN.......
I hate to say it, but I think what should have happened is all the unrest and political anti-war stuff that happened during the Vietnam War should have been put down brutally if necessary and prison sentences handed out. They should have not only suppressed the liberal movement but destroyed it.

I'm not saying they should have kept segregation and all the racism idiocy, that should have been dealt with 100 years before it was, right after the Civil War. But this liberalism is really, really bad for the world.

I think many of them are well intentioned, good people. But the ones pushing the agenda at the top are terrible, godless people. They are not Americans as far as I'm concerned, they are anarchists.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:07 AM

68,353 posts, read 54,533,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I hate to say it, but I think what should have happened is all the unrest and political anti-war stuff that happened during the Vietnam War should have been put down brutally if necessary and prison sentences handed out. They should have not only suppressed the liberal movement but destroyed it.
What typical RW (il)logic! Send people halfway 'round the world to allegedly fight for democracy and American values while calling for the complete suspension of those very same American values in America. The Vietnam War was a debacle perpetrated by a malfeasant government and warranted every bit of anti-war sentiment it spawned.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What typical RW (il)logic! Send people halfway 'round the world to allegedly fight for democracy and American values while calling for the complete suspension of those very same American values in America. The Vietnam War was a debacle perpetrated by a malfeasant government and warranted every bit of anti-war sentiment it spawned.
But the way the people were allowed to behave, the outright disrespect for authority and for American Values started a cancer that is out of control now.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:10 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,081,366 times
Quote:

I'm not saying they should have kept segregation and all the racism idiocy, that should have been dealt with 100 years before it was, right after the Civil War. But this liberalism is really, really bad for the world.

I think many of them are well intentioned, good people. But the ones pushing the agenda at the top are terrible, godless people. They are not Americans as far as I'm concerned, they are anarchists.
I'm glad to see someone finally pin-point where today's mess began. I have been aware of the fact we should have clamped down on the immoral and undisciplined "hippy/flower children/druggies" of the '60's and straightened them out with whatever it took. If we had, the Vietnam anti-war crap would never have happened, or if it got started we would/should have stopped it in its track. We are now paying the price of generations of undisciplined and gimmick-educated youth. Get them off electronic devices and teach them to use their own brains.

I do think we can straighten up the mess, but it will take a very strong President in coordination with a strong Congress, cleansing of our educational systems and flat-out non acceptance of all this protesting/rioting crap using whatever measures are necessary. This idea of a few words or a flag causing ridiculous and flagrant rhetoric is outragious and absolutely un-American. We need to educated those individuals that America gives one the freedoms to take responsibility for themselves. And that means they stand on their own two feet (no one else is responsible for them) and their freedom ends where the next person's begins. They need to learn to respect others if they wish to be respected. Just the basic laws of morality and ethics that seem to have been lost among many of the younger generation need to be re-established.

As for Obama, he is a disaster and should have been exposed. IMHO, I have looked into the stats and come up with the conclusion that our voters could not have been that stupid...something smells very bad in those elections and extremely very bad in the 2012 election...start with the cover-up in Benghazi and go from there. I, myself, strongly suspect the 2012 election was fraudulent.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
But the way the people were allowed to behave, the outright disrespect for authority and for American Values started a cancer that is out of control now.
Like the Continental Army had?

The 'authority' that started that miserable war deserved no respect and since when are attempts to fight other peoples' wars at great cost in American blood and $$$ an 'American value' mandated by the Constitution?

Old 07-07-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
I'm glad to see someone finally pin-point where today's mess began. I have been aware of the fact we should have clamped down on the immoral and undisciplined "hippy/flower children/druggies" of the '60's and straightened them out with whatever it took. If we had, the Vietnam anti-war crap would never have happened, or if it got started we would/should have stopped it in its track. We are now paying the price of generations of undisciplined and gimmick-educated youth. Get them off electronic devices and teach them to use their own brains.
Please do describe in detail how clamping down on alleged immoral behavior would have prevented the Vietnam War? HOW would that have prevented Eisenhower from sending advisors, JFK continuing that, LBJ sending combat troops, and that POS Nixon attempting to manipulate the end of the war to benefit his reelection with no concern for who died as a result?

The REAL immoral behavior of the time was LBJ's and RMN's for which I can only hope they both inhabit a special circle of hell over.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:12 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,798,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The Vietnam War was a debacle perpetrated by a malfeasant government and warranted every bit of anti-war sentiment it spawned.
You liberals and democrats b*tch about the malfeasant government

yet you support giving government more of our money and more power. It doesn't make sense unless you understand that Obama, liberals and democrats played the people, the guise of thinking government will take from someone else and give it to you. You've been bought with a lie.

Last edited by petch751; 07-07-2015 at 08:21 AM..

Old 07-07-2015, 08:19 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,798,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post

As for Obama, he is a disaster and should have been exposed. IMHO, I have looked into the stats and come up with the conclusion that our voters could not have been that stupid...something smells very bad in those elections and extremely very bad in the 2012 election...start with the cover-up in Benghazi and go from there. I, myself, strongly suspect the 2012 election was fraudulent.
Yes, remember how badly Obama did in the first debate? He was told he would win so why would he need to "study" as he said. The Crowley really stepped in it and helped him win. There were too many useful idiots and fools for them to see that it was just a show. Too many people thinking he would give handouts, too many people seeing a black man.

All the wrong reasons to vote for Obama instead of seeing that he was no good for this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections