Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:01 PM

159 posts, read 575,121 times

Advertisements

What presidential candidate do you think is most likely to ensure the capture of Osama Bin Laden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 02:15 PM

7,534 posts, read 17,221,758 times
I think bin Laden's gotten off scott free! Yep, he's off the radar.... the political one, that is.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:36 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
ENSURE the capture of Bin Laden?

None.
He will most likely never be caught or it will be decades down the road.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:00 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Ya know, it's funny that in 2004 the Republicans came out with, "who would Osama/Al Qaeda vote for?"

If there were any justice in this world, the American public would have put two and two together to realize that 1) Osama Bin Laden had not been captured, and indeed, Bush even admitted that he didn't care to capture Bin Laden, and 2) Al Qaeda was given the best training and recruitment ground they could ever want in Iraq.

But there is no justice in this world (either that, or Americans are just too susceptible to soundbytes), and so it was a point lost on the masses.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:19 PM

396 posts, read 1,434,369 times
Either Hugo Chavez or Fidel Castro since they probably know right where he is anyway...

Old 11-06-2007, 05:01 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
I have a question for all of you... Why do Americans hate Fidel Castro? I remember the Bay of Pigs when Americans tried to invade Cuba and failed. I understand that the Soviets were trying to install nuclear bombs on the island but then we install nuclear arsenals all over the world. Many countries have nuclear arsenals that can reach the U.S. anywhere in the world. I understand why Fidel Castro hates America, we did try to assassinate him several times and instigate rebellions to take over his country. I never really understood we Americans hated Fidel, is it because of the propaganda war the U.S. put in the minds of Americans that communism is bad? I understand communism is bad (because of all the corrupted politicians - which by the way we have loads and loads of) but then we buy BILLIONS and BILLIONS of stuff from China. They're just as bad... so why do you hate Fidel Castro exactly?

Old 11-06-2007, 05:05 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Americans do not hate Fidel,well none that I know of.

I find his regime distasteful but I do not have to live there.

I think you will find that the Cuban lobby is quite powerful in DC and dictates foreign policy when it comes to Cuba,sugar and Cubans.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 PM

I see, its when I talk to people, they compare Fidel to Hitler and I KNOW Hitler was one of the worst person to walk this planet. Fidel, all I know was that he was a pro-communist dictator but other than that, I have no idea what he really did wrong (other than being corrupt - but then so are most U.S. politicians). I never understood how they could compare Fidel to Hitler... the two seemed really far apart...

Old 11-06-2007, 05:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I have a question for all of you... Why do Americans hate Fidel Castro? I remember the Bay of Pigs when Americans tried to invade Cuba and failed. I understand that the Soviets were trying to install nuclear bombs on the island but then we install nuclear arsenals all over the world. Many countries have nuclear arsenals that can reach the U.S. anywhere in the world. I understand why Fidel Castro hates America, we did try to assassinate him several times and instigate rebellions to take over his country. I never really understood we Americans hated Fidel, is it because of the propaganda war the U.S. put in the minds of Americans that communism is bad? I understand communism is bad (because of all the corrupted politicians - which by the way we have loads and loads of) but then we buy BILLIONS and BILLIONS of stuff from China. They're just as bad... so why do you hate Fidel Castro exactly?
Nukes all over the world? Really name the countries...
bay of pigs was an invasion of cuban nationals which was to be supported by the USA ie JFK. JFK backed out and the the antiCastro cubans were slaughtered.
The countries that have nukes now did not have the capability then to launch against us. Of the ones that have them now only Russia or china would have any desire to try it...
You think Fidel is a good guy? Then why the constant attempts by his citizens to flee on rafts from their paradise?
I dont hate Castro, I just recognize him for what he is. A well fed Dictator.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:59 PM

Nukes all over the world...

SAC established itself as a global military arm. The Air Force inherited World War II overseas bases from the AAF in Asia, Alaska, Newfoundland, Germany, Great Britain, Bermuda, the Azores, Libya and Saudi Arabia. At certain of these locations, SAC built up a Cold War presence. Yet key to its plans for strategic second strike capabilities, SAC needed significant new sites. With planning underway in 1948, SAC focused on North Africa—specifically French Morocco—for a large presence of men, rotating aircraft, training, and nuclear weapons depots. Morocco installations went in at the four locations of Nouasseur, Sidi Slimane, Benguerir, and Boulhaut (with a fifth intended at El Djema Sahim).

I never said he was a good guy, I just don't understand the reason he is hated by America other than being a bad dictator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections