Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Ted right?
Yes, i hate myself 5 45.45%
No, i have other reasons for being a leftist. Ted is just a cabin dwelling Malthusian Hitlerian crank. 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 04:26 PM

768 posts, read 879,943 times

Advertisements

Ted Kaczynski, child prodigy and top of class Harvard graduate, says you are. Who are you to disagree with such colossal intellect?

washingtonpost.com: Unabomber Special Report

The two psychological tendencies that underlie modern leftism we call “feelings of inferiority” and “oversocialization.” Feelings of inferiority are characteristic of modern leftism as a whole, while oversocialization is characteristic only of a certain segment of modern leftism; but this segment is highly influential.

Leftists tend to hate anything that has an image of being strong, good and successful. They hate America, they hate Western civilization, they hate white males, they hate rationality. The reasons that leftists give for hating the West, etc. clearly do not correspond with their real motives.

Art forms that appeal to modern leftish intellectuals tend to focus on sordidness, defeat and despair, or else they take an orgiastic tone, throwing off rational control as if there were no hope of accomplishing anything through rational calculation and all that was left was to immerse oneself in the sensations of the moment.

Modern leftish philosophers tend to dismiss reason, science, objective reality and to insist that everything is culturally relative. It is true that one can ask serious questions about the foundations of scientific knowledge and about how, if at all, the concept of objective reality can be defined.

Notice the masochistic tendency of leftist tactics. Leftists protest by lying down in front of vehicles, they intentionally provoke police or racists to abuse them, etc.

But leftist activists do not take such an approach because it would not satisfy their emotional needs. Helping black people is not their real goal. Instead, race problems serve as an excuse for them to express their own hostility and frustrated need for power.

The leftist of the oversocialized type tries to get off his psychological leash and assert his autonomy by rebelling. But usually he is not strong enough to rebel against the most basic values of society.

Leftists, especially those of the oversocialized type, usually do not rebel against these principles but justify their hostility to society by claiming (with some degree of truth) that society is not living up to these principles.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:29 PM

waht, this wasnt supposed to go in 'elections'

Old 01-02-2013, 04:42 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Oh great, as if reactionary Brits don't have enuff nutters of their own to pay attention to (aka, ''Royals''), now they're ''importing'' them!

Old 01-02-2013, 04:42 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Ted Krazynsky is crazier than a peach orchard boar. I don't take the opinion of a paranoid schizophrenic into any account and neither should you, unless you are as insane as he is.

If that is the case, and you take his statements seriously, I suggest you spend a little time with him. You two will have a lot in common.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:52 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Wasn't Ted a terrorist?

Who are you going to quote next, Osama Bin Laden??

Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 PM

Its just kind of odd.

He's some luddite cabin dweller, who praises science, but at the same time rejects technology as heretic.

I dont think he's insane, I just dont think he's quite there yet with his theories.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:23 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
Its just kind of odd.

He's some luddite cabin dweller, who praises science, but at the same time rejects technology as heretic.

I dont think he's insane, I just dont think he's quite there yet with his theories.
Switch the words science and technology and you basically have the right wing prepper Alex Jones conspiracy movement

Last edited by Savoir Faire; 01-02-2013 at 05:35 PM..

Old 01-02-2013, 05:25 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
Ted Kaczynski, child prodigy and top of class Harvard graduate, says you are. Who are you to disagree with such colossal intellect?

washingtonpost.com: Unabomber Special Report

The two psychological tendencies that underlie modern leftism we call “feelings of inferiority” and “oversocialization.” Feelings of inferiority are characteristic of modern leftism as a whole, while oversocialization is characteristic only of a certain segment of modern leftism; but this segment is highly influential.

Leftists tend to hate anything that has an image of being strong, good and successful. They hate America, they hate Western civilization, they hate white males, they hate rationality. The reasons that leftists give for hating the West, etc. clearly do not correspond with their real motives.

Art forms that appeal to modern leftish intellectuals tend to focus on sordidness, defeat and despair, or else they take an orgiastic tone, throwing off rational control as if there were no hope of accomplishing anything through rational calculation and all that was left was to immerse oneself in the sensations of the moment.

Modern leftish philosophers tend to dismiss reason, science, objective reality and to insist that everything is culturally relative. It is true that one can ask serious questions about the foundations of scientific knowledge and about how, if at all, the concept of objective reality can be defined.

Notice the masochistic tendency of leftist tactics. Leftists protest by lying down in front of vehicles, they intentionally provoke police or racists to abuse them, etc.

But leftist activists do not take such an approach because it would not satisfy their emotional needs. Helping black people is not their real goal. Instead, race problems serve as an excuse for them to express their own hostility and frustrated need for power.

The leftist of the oversocialized type tries to get off his psychological leash and assert his autonomy by rebelling. But usually he is not strong enough to rebel against the most basic values of society.

Leftists, especially those of the oversocialized type, usually do not rebel against these principles but justify their hostility to society by claiming (with some degree of truth) that society is not living up to these principles.
Kaczynski is crazier than a sh*thouse rat.

Which makes him a good strong reference point for conservatards.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:34 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Yea, and when I want to make comparisons to today's rightwing lunatic fringe, I just thumb through my copy of Mein Kampf for quotes from the author...

Old 01-02-2013, 06:39 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
So let me get this straight: the original poster considers Theodore Kaczynski a reasonable guide to understanding the American political spectrum.

Does someone want to hazard a guess as to who's crazy here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections