Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 08:52 PM

313 posts, read 325,110 times

Advertisements

Don't forget this triple endorcement, Vladimir Putin, Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro. I can't wait to see what these three have in store for America with Obama's help. We know after the open mic incident Obama and Putin have something special planned for America after the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 08:55 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,975,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Raise your hand if you think Joe and Jane Citizen in Anytown USA gives a flying **** who the Economist endorses?

Raise your hand if you think Joe and Jane Citizen in Anytown USA has actually ever heard of, much less read, the Economist?

Raise your hand if you think Joe and Jane Citizen in Anytown USA will vote according to whom the Economist endorses?

Get your heads out of your asses. This means nothing to no one.
This is what happens when you actively try to be ignorant.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:45 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,961,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Raise your hand if you think Joe and Jane Citizen in Anytown USA gives a flying **** who the Economist endorses?

Raise your hand if you think Joe and Jane Citizen in Anytown USA has actually ever heard of, much less read, the Economist?

Raise your hand if you think Joe and Jane Citizen in Anytown USA will vote according to whom the Economist endorses?

Get your heads out of your asses. This means nothing to no one.
This says more than you than anything else.

I'm surprised that Drudge didn't link to it - there are 1800 comments on the article, the majority from frothing-at-the-mouth idiots.

It's hardly a ringing endorsement for Obama, but I wouldn't expect so from The Economist. I don't always agree with the magazine's slant, but I've been reading it faithfully since I was 20 (12 years now). It's by far the best world political/economic magazine, bar none.

Go have a drink, AeroGuy. Sounds like you need it.

Quote:
Even more, how many undecided people at the moment right now, actually care about endorsement?
Who cares about anything?

Maybe 2 or 3% of the electorate is still undecided. Endorsements by Bloomberg, Powell and Christie (I know he's not playing politics, but he may as well just give Obama a **** job on national TV) will likely tip those voters in the president's favor. There's really nothing that Romney can do about it without looking crass at this point. I actually do pity Romney right now - the election is fast slipping out of his hands for reasons that have nothing to do with himself, or that nobody could have precipitated two weeks ago, and worst of all, he can't fight back without looking like a douche. Sucks to be in that position
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections