Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:43 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,484,251 times

Advertisements

Obama Supporters Continue Threats To Riot, Assassinate Romney!

Who are these stupid and crazy people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 11:07 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,478,673 times
Maybe they're all from St. Louis.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:11 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,579,559 times
It is becoming a nation-wide phenomena - these threats of violence if Obama loses. What on earth would make people think this is somehow going to be meaningful - to attack people, loot, riot?

And why is this attitude so wide-spread?

Where are the community leaders out there, telling folks to stop w/ the uncivilized rhetoric and behavior?

I am really perplexed as to what these folks think they will gain by acting like idiots?

Old 10-23-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
And why is this attitude so wide-spread?
A few dozen tweets out of the hundreds of millions sent each day is not a "widespread nationwide phenomenon." Get a grip.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
A few dozen tweets out of the hundreds of millions sent each day is not a "widespread nationwide phenomenon." Get a grip.
That was unneccesary to be so rude, PCH.

Perhaps you have not read how these threats (not just via tweets) are going on in many areas, from call-in rants on radio programs to swastikas on signs along with death threats to Romney, to white people, etc.

If you don't want to believe it - do I care? But no need to try to shame others into submission by suggesting we need to "get a grip." I am sincerely concerned. I had friends accosted by people recently who were screaming out racist comments against them and were saying "people gonna pay" if Obama was not re-elected.

Whether you don't believe it matters not a damn bit to me.

I know what it is going on where I live and what I have heard from others - firsthand - where they live. THis ia public forum and I want to hear how widespread the problems are. So your thinly veiled attempts at putting me down aren't going to work.

If you don't like the topic of this thread, go be hateful somewhere else.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:50 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,996,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I need a translator to read the comments section man

This is what we get for paying taxes for a public education system!

Let them riot, who cares? It cleans up the inner city mess every time.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Maybe they are related to those Romney supporters who sent Obama 400 death threats per week.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
That was unneccesary to be so rude, PCH.
Touchy, touchy.

OK, so what if I were to say (with absolutely no corroboration) that right-wing racist whites were issuing thousands and thousands of disgusting, thinly veiled threats of violence against Obama and Obama supporters every day, and if I were to imply that this represented a troubling nationwide pattern? Would you or would you not demand proof -- beyond just a few dozen cherry-picked tweets published by a notorious conspiracy theorist?

Old 10-23-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Touchy, touchy.

OK, so what if I were to say (with absolutely no corroboration) that right-wing racist whites were issuing thousands and thousands of disgusting, thinly veiled threats of violence against Obama and Obama supporters every day, and if I were to imply that this represented a troubling nationwide pattern? Would you or would you not demand proof -- beyond just a few dozen cherry-picked tweets published by a notorious conspiracy theorist?
I have seen the proof that such threats are (and have been) made against Obama.

It is of great concern to me that people are this angry.

Here in Charlotte, at the DNC, we found that someone was tweeting openly that he was going downtown and gonna kill the President. SEriously. This fool was actually tweeting this.

Well, needless to say, the SS and FBI were on that like flies on honey. Everyone assumed - must be some strung out skinhead type.

No, it was a black kid - i think about 21 or so years old.

So I don't make assumptions about WHO is doing this stuff. There are wackos out there on both sides and you can't assume that just b/c someone is tweeting a threat, or shooting out windows of campaign headquarters, throwing bricks or shooting up signs and drawing swastikas - that they are any particular demographic make up. Hell, they may not even be voters! And they are probably mentally ill or at least - unstable.

But it is troubling that so many folks are this ANGRY. We always will have the mentally ill and the drugged out doing idiotic things against public figures, whether politicians or celebs. But the level of animosity - and the willingness of people to state openly that they are going to start a riot, or assassinate someone (regardless who!) tells me that there are a lot of unstable, wacked out, potentially violent people out there.

And yes, I am concerned.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
There are wackos out there on both sides and you can't assume that just b/c someone is tweeting a threat, or shooting out windows of campaign headquarters, throwing bricks or shooting up signs and drawing swastikas - that they are any particular demographic make up. Hell, they may not even be voters! And they are probably mentally ill or at least - unstable.

But it is troubling that so many folks are this ANGRY. We always will have the mentally ill and the drugged out doing idiotic things against public figures, whether politicians or celebs. But the level of animosity - and the willingness of people to state openly that they are going to start a riot, or assassinate someone (regardless who!) tells me that there are a lot of unstable, wacked out, potentially violent people out there.
On that we agree completely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections