Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 08:25 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,839,491 times

Advertisements

Wisconsin is irrelevant to Romney if he wins Ohio, yet he's running up there all of a sudden to do campaign appearances. He should be in Ohio and Virginia until the election.

I think hes tipping his hand saying internals arnt looking so hot for us.

Wisconsin makes no sense if you think you are going to win Ohio. New Hampshire is the safer play imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 08:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Romney has added thousands of people on the ground in Ohio over the last week. Guess that makes your argument completely wrong.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times
One thing is certain; Ohio will see both candidates more than the next 3 swing states combined.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:12 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Hard to believe CArter was up 8 points just weeks before the Reagan landslide.
You hang onto that if it makes you sleep better.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:43 PM

44 posts, read 210,976 times
Default Is the race in Ohio already over

The National Memo » Is The Race In Ohio Already Over?

Whoever made the post that Romney should concede Ohio wasn't so far off.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:57 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,043,755 times
I really want to believe this is true as it would be one big fat stake through the heart of Romney and the Republican party and one step closer to tasting their tears on election night.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:03 AM

25,574 posts, read 56,512,015 times
If it makes y'all feel any better, I just saw these two comments on Silver's blog:

Quote:
  • Ohioan_23
  • Ohio
I'm in Ohio, I drive through Cuyahoga county about every day, in all parts of it from day to day, I can tell you that what is not being reported in senceirty is the effort being made to get the democrats to vote early, it's huge and well organized.

Obama must win Cuyahoga County big in order to win Ohio. So though the article says that it comes down to Ohio it really comes down to a few counties in Ohio, and of those it really comes down to Cuyahoga County where Cleveland is the County seat,

Cleveland is where most of the effort is going to get the vote out early and its paying off.

I'm fortunate enough to love outside Cleveland but in a burb of it in another county that always votes Republican, though I can tell you that Romney is not creating a lot of excitement in this county,

My hunch is that this race over due to the groundwork by the Obama campaign and the failure of Romney to get anything rolling with what should be his base, they just aren't that excited.

I believe that a lot of R's would rather just concede Obama four more and start over in 2016. That's the vibe I get, BTW I plan to vote O this time, I voted McCain last time. I really have no bias either way, I just don't like what Romney has done in his business past
NYT 10-23-12

• Joe the Carpenter
  • Ohio
I'm in Ohio. Who would you rather decide the election Nevada (or Texas) or Ohio?

We'll do a fair job for you all. Polls provide data. Yet don't forget Ohio electoral history. Based on recent history and historical trends Ohio is a bridge too far for Mr. Romney. Let's recount the last twelve years. With luck and Deibold at odds, here's hoping this is the only recount.

2000: Al Gore lost the Ohio by the Nader margin (2.5%). Gore pulled his ads two weeks out from the election. Run the ads and visit once more, it would have been President Gore.

2004: In the boiler room, it looked like Kerry had won. Turned out to be 100,000 votes and the margin of malfeasance for Bush. Massive voting problems and vote suppression.

2008: A very white Reddish state goes Obama by almost 5%. By Ohio standards a massacre. We're home to Joe the Plumber, new voting machines and unrestricted early voting.

2010: In a wave election the sitting Democrat governor loses a close election. Turnout was low, election smooth. Turnout decided.

2011: A Scott Walker like public union bash (including police and fire) was up for referendum. The new governor's referendum didn't break 40%. Free lesson: don't mess with fire fighters.

2012: Two weeks away, the polls sit about 2% for the President. In Ohio, a 2% win is grounds for celebration. That margin is outside the margin for malfeasance. All machines and ballots are paper recorded. (NO CHADS). A recount will discover shenanigans.

Rest assured: Obama.
So, guess all we can do is keep the faith.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:10 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,245,295 times
Maybe it isn't....

Quote:
Ryun sent this to Secrets from his analysis of Ohio early voting:

In 2008, there were 1,158,301 total absentee ballots requested, 33 percent registered Democrat and 19 percent registered Republican--a 14 point gap. So far in 2012, 638,997 ballots have been requested, 29 percent Democrat and 24 percent Republican--only a five point gap.

Ryun, whose group has opened voter registration efforts in Ohio and other swing states, said that the Buckeye State's efforts to clean up voter rolls has also played a part in tightening the gap. He said that 450,000 dead voters and duplicate registrations have been nixed, and the majority were Democrats

The Republicans have shrunk the gap nine percent overall since 2008, but when we examine key counties in Ohio, the numbers become even more dramatic.

--Champaign County: Was +3% GOP, now +23% GOP - 20 point shift.

--Columbiana County: Was +9% DEM, now +9% GOP - 18 point shift.

--Crawford County: Was +3% DEM, now +12% GOP - 15 point shift.

--Cuyahoga County: Was +36% DEM, now +30% DEM (GOP already has 6,000 more requests than in 2008) - 6 point shift.

--Erie County: Was +24% DEM, now +7% DEM -17 point shift.

--Franklin County: Was +5% DEM, now +5% GOP - 10 point shift.

--Greene County: Was +4% DEM, now +19% GOP - 23 point shift.
--Harrison County: Was +22% DEM, now +5% DEM - 17 point shift.

--Hamilton County: Was +7% GOP, now +13% GOP - 6 point shift.

--Licking County: Was TIED, now +16% GOP - 16 point shift.

--Montgomery County: Was +29% DEM, now +5% DEM - 24 point shift.

--Muskingum County: Was +1% DEM, now +16% GOP - 17 point shift.

--*****way County: Was +12% DEM, now +15% GOP - 27 point shift.

--Seneca County: Was +1% DEM, now +13% GOP - 14 point shift.

--Summit County: Was +33% DEM, now +6 DEM - 27 point shift.

--Wood County: Was +10% DEM, now +1% GOP - 11 point shift.
Ohio shocker: GOP closes early voting gap, boosting Romney | WashingtonExaminer.com

Old 10-24-2012, 12:18 AM

25,574 posts, read 56,512,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
I did see some numbers yesterday which, after I calculated, gave Romney - in the end - a win by 2%. Had to do with remaining numbers of people who had not yet voted and that there weren't enough Democrats left. We'll see. Sure hope that's wrong.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:19 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,824,130 times
Hehehe the examiner...

I smell desperation!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections