Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:22 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,064,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
There is a whole lot of buyer remorse with Obama, that's for sure.
We are still feeling the remorse of electing Bush 8 years ago, so I can lament with you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
My guess is that the October surprize will be the Record at Bain and the system of HARVESTING that he put in place.
His private sector experience is one of valture capitolism. This is something that will turn the election. Even here in NC the idea that buying small and middle sized comp. and shipping the jobs and Equip.to cChina is hated

Mr Steal your pension and load you with debt Romney and the Repub. Party are one in the same.
I disagree, I think by now we all know MIttfitt is a greedy will do whatever it takes for a dollar flip flopping rude man. The world has seen how he isnt ready for the big time...I suspect the only thing that could really cripple him is if the surprise was sexual in nature.

For instance if he was having sex with his illegal maids and has several Latino love children that he has secretly funding, and while taking trips to China that he impregnanted one of the women Bain was paying .99/hr for and expected General Tso chicken to be served to him every night at 6p.m. China time and of course no tea due to religious purpose. And Mitt has over $100,000 of back child support for the China man son of his. Now that would cause people to look at him different. For those that were going to vote Romeny and chose not to vote Obama, with a surprise like that people just wouldnt vote at all.

Or if he pulled an Elliot Spitzer while Ann was getting chemo--that would be AWFUL. Whoever is elected God knows and I just put my trust in HIM

Old 10-21-2012, 08:55 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Where are you seeing this?? I want to check it out also?? I didnt know conservatives are freaking about anything when it comes to Mitt Romney
Drudge tweeted it, and the blogs are freaking out. For the record, I doubt that you'll ever see a link from the Daily Caller from me again. Here are just a couple. I didn't catch this before, but it's interesting that Allred said that she won't discuss "potential clients." Maybe there's something to this after all, and someone really has come forward with something really bad.

The Red Side of Life: Gloria Allred Prepares Anti-Mitt Strike. You Can STOP Her Now! (action!)
Gloria Allred mum on Drudge October surprise speculation | The Daily Caller

Old 10-21-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Drudge tweeted it, and the blogs are freaking out. For the record, I doubt that you'll ever see a link from the Daily Caller from me again. Here are just a couple. I didn't catch this before, but it's interesting that Allred said that she won't discuss "potential clients." Maybe there's something to this after all, and someone really has come forward with something really bad.

The Red Side of Life: Gloria Allred Prepares Anti-Mitt Strike. You Can STOP Her Now! (action!)
Hmmm..I don't really know her, but as I read the article from the Daily Caller i have a feeling she has something on Romney. Her reply was too nice, and that is usually indictative of someone playing nice as they hold their cards. It's 16 days before the election. Too early for her to drop any type of scandalous info. She can't wait the day before, because she would want to make Romeny panic and go into damage control, which makes anyone look bad when they have to do that so my guess is if there is anything on Romney it will drop around Halloween. Thats enough time for a news spin cycle. God I would never want to marry a politician...the pressure

Old 10-21-2012, 10:03 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i totally forgot about how she derailed whitman in california with the housekeeper back in 2010 and herman cain during the primaries. republicans are already in a tizzy apparently.

Republicans bracing for 'October surprise' as Gloria Allred 'prepares for Romney revelation' | Mail Online

LOL...it's not much of a surprise then is it? This is just goofy and desperate on you and your's part. What you better be worried about is what's coming out on Obama, cause it's not some frivolous rumour from the past or some silly birther nonsense.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:06 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:

Oooh, you can only hope so...lol. You are so transparent it's hilarious. This is completely baseless and Allred just trying to get her name in print, which is what she does.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:13 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,527,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
We are still feeling the remorse of electing Bush 8 years ago, so I can lament with you...
Ya got to do yourself a favor and get over it sometime. It can become pathological.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:22 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,607,390 times
Quote:
The article doesn't say anything about Gloria Allred being involved in that situation, and you're right, that's old news--hardly an October surprise unless there are new, very ugly allegations that would blow the whole thing open. Why would you think that's what it is? If the democrats do have something, it's going to be a lot bigger deal than that, because no surprise is better than one that doesn't do any damage. By definition an October surprise is waiting until the last couple of weeks before the election to dump something so big and so awful that it gets 24/7 press coverage for days on end, and the opponent has no way or time to recover before the election. It's a last minute, save your worst for the end move. They work well.
Is there any October surprise from the past where it sinked a candidate?

Old 10-21-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Oooh, you can only hope so...lol. You are so transparent it's hilarious. This is completely baseless and Allred just trying to get her name in print, which is what she does.
LOL--Who started the rumors, and who's freaking out about it? It's all coming from the republican camp. I couldn't stand Romney when he ran in 08, I detest Ryan even more (with very good reason) and as you well know, I haven't been shy about saying it since the beginning of the primary, so don't even try to get snarky with me. I've left the republican party. The conservative press was who contacted Allred, and she's refusing to comment. Either the right end of the conservative base is so paranoid that they've gone completely mental and they're on conspiracy theory overload, or you're going to be in for a rude surprise by the end of the month. Either way, I'm just sitting back and laughing.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Is there any October surprise from the past where it sinked a candidate?
There's a long history of them--some have been more successful than others, but the biggest one in recent history on a national level was the Mark Foley Congressional page scandal (combined with fatigue from Katrina, the war, and other events) in the 2006 midterm elections. The R's had been running nationally on a family values platform, and it pretty much wiped that out--Foley was the last straw. The democrats made a huge sweep of the House, Senate, and a huge number of governorships and state legislatures. I remember sitting with my husband watching TV as the story broke in late September, and his only comment was "well there goes the election." There was no way that you could put a positive spin on republican members of congress sexually harassing teenaged male Congressional pages--once it was out there, it was all over, and it became a throw the bums out election. The story was all that was on the news for a solid month.

There have been other more recent ones on a state level--the 11th hour undocumented nanny saga sunk Meg Whitman's chances to be governor of CA during the last election.
October surprise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by mb1547; 10-21-2012 at 11:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections