Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 08:00 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,726,935 times

Advertisements

Congratulations Obamatrons!!!.......

Food-stamp use reached a record 46.7 million people in June, the government said, as Democrats prepare to nominate President Barack Obama for a second term with the economy as a chief issue in the campaign.

Participation was up 0.4 percent from May and 3.3 percent higher than a year earlier and has remained greater than 46 million all year as the unemployment rate stayed higher than 8 percent. New jobless numbers will be released Sept. 7.

Food-stamp spending, which more than doubled in four years to a record $75.7 billion in the fiscal year ended Sept. 30, 2011, is the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s biggest annual expense.

Spending on what’s officially called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program totaled $6.21 billion in June, 0.4 percent higher than the previous month and 2.8 percent more than a year earlier. The record is $6.26 billion spent in September 2011.

Food-Stamp Use Climbs to Record, Reviving Campaign Issue - Bloomberg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 08:09 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,259,044 times
Maybe Congress could get to work trying to increase jobs and job wages in this country rather than bickering over pointless things like the debt that should be dealt with on the long term.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Maybe Congress could get to work trying to increase jobs and job wages in this country rather than bickering over pointless things like the debt that should be dealt with on the long term.

You mean like passing Obama's Jobs Plan which didn't get a single Democratic vote?

Old 09-05-2012, 08:12 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,628,521 times
Let me guess, you're a republican and would rather see them homeless without food? Am I correct?

Old 09-05-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Their jealous of Clinton. It's Clinton envy....it happens.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Let me guess, you're a republican and would rather see them homeless without food? Am I correct?

I'm a Republican who thinks Obama's policies are RESPONSIBLE for this and it's a crying shame that millions of my fellow Americans are on the government dole because their President let them down miserably.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:24 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,259,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
I'm a Republican who thinks Obama's policies are RESPONSIBLE for this and it's a crying shame that millions of my fellow Americans are on the government dole because their President let them down miserably.
So why can't your Republicans work with the Democrats to get things going for this country? Why do they need to block anything and everything? Maybe if they were more worried about jobs and wages we would be in a better place now.....granted if they did that it would make Obama look good, and Republicans can't have that. McConnell did say he would do anything he could to make Obama a one term president, including betting against the country.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
So, you don't believe both parties got us there? They did, read a bit more. Stop being such an party ass kisser.
The only difference is both parties aren't helping to keep us alive through this. Repubs blocked most everything good for those in need you feel so sorry for. They would have thrown out food stamps if they could, how would that have helped those poor fellow Americans you're crying for?

What's the big MIT plan to help those without jobs? Let me guess, Mormons have a special God code that erases joblessness, am I close?

Romney gave medical care to the lucky people in MA. Why not spread the love?

Old 09-05-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post

What's the big MIT plan to help those without jobs?
He's got a 59 point plan...Obama has....NONE.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
He's got a 59 point plan...Obama has....NONE.
Ya, believe in growth, ha ha ha, same old crap in his plan we've heard from the right for decades. Didn't work then, doesn't work now, won't work tomorrow. Give me a break.
To bad he isn't willing to put out his good ideas, you know the ones he used in MA. Now that would be a change I could admire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections