Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 02:53 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,030,718 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul speaking NOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 03:10 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,676,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Ron Paul speaking NOW.
Yeah, Paul is saying he ''can't believe the R party is is not begging and pleading for him to come into the party.'' LOL Memo to Ron Paul: They don't want a radical extremist libertarian nut job, that's why they ignore you.

What competent Doctor would want people to smoke hemp?

Last edited by MMM05; 08-26-2012 at 03:24 PM..

Old 08-26-2012, 04:11 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,030,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Yeah, Paul is saying he ''can't believe the R party is is not begging and pleading for him to come into the party.'' LOL Memo to Ron Paul: They don't want a radical extremist libertarian nut job, that's why they ignore you.

What competent Doctor would want people to smoke hemp?
Do you understand that his position is that the power for that legislation is with the states, not with the federal government? Obviously you didn't listen to Ron Paul speaking about just that today. He said that people should understand that they bear the responsibility and the consequences of personal liberty and their choices made.

The US Constitution is neither radical nor extreme.
Individual liberty is neither radical nor extreme.
Sound economic policies through sound monetary policy is neither radical nor extreme.
Sound foreign policy does not mean using haste in launching wars.
Private property rights are neither radical nor extreme.

Fascism and tyranny of a corrupt central government in bed with central banks and bailed out corporations IS radical and extreme.

Please, feel free to find a truthful counter to the above post.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:14 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,900,426 times
Quote:
Do you understand that his position is that the power for that legislation is with the states, not with the federal government? Obviously you didn't listen to Ron Paul speaking about just that today. He said that people should understand that they bear the responsibility and the consequences of personal liberty and their choices made.

Sound economic policies through sound monetary policy is neither radical nor extreme.

Fascism and tyranny of a corrupt central government in bed with central banks and bailed out corporations IS radical and extreme.

Errr, this is 2012, not 1850.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:

Regardless of the above commentary, Ron Paul's libertarian platform does not align with the R party. It's basically that simple. And, regardless of the attempt to defend Paul's stated positions, per hemp, foreign policy, etc., millions of Americans, as well as the R party, refuse to accept and/or embrace Paul as a serious potential POTUSA.

I certainly realize America is in a terrible condition because of rotten politicians and the support ignorant people have provided them. Nevertheless, Ron Paul's policies and concept's of leadership are dangerous and frightening.

And this is truthful.

Last edited by MMM05; 08-26-2012 at 05:05 PM..

Old 08-26-2012, 05:14 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,524,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Regardless of the above commentary, Ron Paul's libertarian platform does not align with the R party. It's basically that simple. And, regardless of the attempt to defend Paul's stated positions, per hemp, foreign policy, etc., millions of Americans, as well as the R party, refuse to accept and/or embrace Paul as a serious potential POTUSA.

I certainly realize America is in a terrible condition because of rotten politicians and the support ignorant people have provided them. Nevertheless, Ron Paul's policies and concept's of leadership are dangerous and frightening.

And this is truthful.
The only thing that is frightening is 4 more (Obama) or 8 more (Romney) years of a deficit-spending, anit-Constitutional, globalist, corporate hack in the White House. It really doesn't matter which one you pick. Might as well throw a dart at a board. As much as I can't stand him, I'm starting to think I'd rather have Obama just because he'll only have 4 years to destroy this country vs. the potential of 8 with Romney.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by MMM05

And this is truthful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
The only thing that is frightening is 4 more (Obama) or 8 more (Romney) years of a deficit-spending, anit-Constitutional, globalist, corporate hack in the White House. It really doesn't matter which one you pick. Might as well throw a dart at a board. As much as I can't stand him, I'm starting to think I'd rather have Obama just because he'll only have 4 years to destroy this country vs. the potential of 8 with Romney.
As far as I could tell, thisThread/discussion is only about Ron Paul.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:28 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,524,253 times
My point was that Ron Paul was the only true alternative to "Obamney".

Old 08-26-2012, 07:00 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,986,815 times
Quote:
Not Obamabots, not even those living in Tampa.
LOL, you Paulbots were telling us you were going to steal the nomination, so how is that Paul surge coming
You now backing the GOP alternative after saying he was no different from Obama, principles don't matter ahead of Party, do they gal

Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,085,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
LOL, you Paulbots were telling us you were going to steal the nomination, so how is that Paul surge coming
You now backing the GOP alternative after saying he was no different from Obama, principles don't matter ahead of Party, do they gal
Casper, I have to say, for many of us, Romney is the better choice. I know how you feel and I would support a Democrat if he/she shared some of my views, but Obama just doesn't and I do not see Romney in the same light as Obama. I think that is what Mogal is saying. We all say things when trying to push our canidate, but when we see we have lost the argument, we have to go with our second choice...

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections