Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 10:19 AM

271 posts, read 168,655 times

Advertisements

Mitt pays less, you pay more...

"Stretch" - Obama for America TV Ad - YouTube

The predictable Romney response will be "Don't hate me because I'm rich. Rich people create jobs. The more money we squirrel away in offshore bank accounts... Jobs! Just look at this Obama's economy..."

Yep, Obama created 3.3 million jobs since Jan. 2009.

Jobs created during U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 11:18 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,536,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaybu View Post
Mitt pays less, you pay more...

"Stretch" - Obama for America TV Ad - YouTube

The predictable Romney response will be "Don't hate me because I'm rich. Rich people create jobs. The more money we squirrel away in offshore bank accounts... Jobs! Just look at this Obama's economy..."

Yep, Obama created 3.3 million jobs since Jan. 2009.

Jobs created during U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He is a sociopath plain and symbol. He has an agenda to crush the middle class and poor whom he has always had a disdain for.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:01 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,961,347 times
Good ad, and best of all? Every single word of it is TRUE. Unlike the Romney ads where he distorts what Obama says or takes it out of context and then tries to nail him on it (and he's done this TWICE so far), there is nothing but truth here.

However, I don't think that Romney is a sociopath. He's probably a nice guy. But he seems to be missing some mental filter that usually stops people from saying the things that fly out of his mouth.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:14 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,960,872 times
The fact is that unlike rich candidates like FDR, JFK and Kerry, who voiced policies that help the middle class, Romney is a traditional plutocrat that truly believes that the rich should be an honored class and bestowed with privledge.

The sentiment was clear at a Romney fund-raisers in the Hamptons, in which one supporter blurted, “Obama wants to take my money and give it to do-nothing animals.”

Obama doesn't have to define Romney as a rich guy looking out for the rich. Romney does that himself and his tax plan is proof. Obama has to just publicize it.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:31 PM

756 posts, read 714,859 times
Great spot

Time for con's to face the TRUTH ... Swiss Mitt is UNELECTABLE.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:22 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,118 times
And yet he'll win in a landslide.

And the blowhard ad? It ain't working for you people. No one believes it except for you obamabots who have no ability to understand the facts of this election (or the desire to).

Old 08-02-2012, 02:56 PM

271 posts, read 168,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Landslide? I doubt it. Whoever wins, Obama or Romney, so far the polls are showing it will be a tight race. Which way it will go from now to November is anyone's guess. A lot will depend on the economy, and how the voters will perceive Romney as he is still an unkown in much of the country.

Quote:
And the blowhard ad? It ain't working for you people. No one believes it except for you obamabots who have no ability to understand the facts of this election (or the desire to).
Not everyone agrees.

Democrats Pounce On Poll Showing Attacks On Mitt Romney's Bain Capital Career Are Working

Old 08-02-2012, 02:59 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post

Agreed..people are so simplistic.
First, GOvt. doesn't create jobs, private sector does....and Govt should creae an environment that private sector wants to create jobs. I mean come on, running on taxes....that is the best Obama can do? I mean come on...is this is the best. I hope the sheep are smarter than this. We have a bad economy and people out of work, and the goal is talk about taxes? Geez, such an amateur. On second thought, if it whips up the crowd in envious fasion maybe that is the goal.

So we are to beleive that a community organizer, with no management experience, can create jobs? What has been going on the last 3 yrs?
Why did the stimulus plan send money to the Govt sector, why send money to the private sector?

I am placing my money on soemone who at least has run a business successfully.

And on taxes, everyone should pay as little as possible. I don't get that about Liberals, ...all people keeping more of their money is a good thing. I for one am tired of hearing how the top 20% of income earners, who pay 90% of federal income taxes, are not paying enough, given that 40-50% of federal income earners pay 0%, and use at least 25-50% govt benefits. Why is it so wrong for one to pay something for the services they recieve, and why is hard to understand that high earners are tired of pulling the wagon.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:14 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,868,200 times
To counter Obama, Romney unveiled his plan for the middle class today in Colorado.... Bhwaaa, ha, ha, ha, ha ...

Romney's Middle Class Speech Bombs as He Never Mentions the Middle Class

Old 08-02-2012, 03:20 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
To counter Obama, Romney unveiled his plan for the middle class today in Colorado.... Bhwaaa, ha, ha, ha, ha ...

Romney's Middle Class Speech Bombs as He Never Mentions the Middle Class
Yes Bob, why not a plan for every AMerican, and not just one group of people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections