Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 08:08 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,762,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Romney, when he was in charge of Bain, invested heavily in a Chinese manufacturing company that depended on US outsourcing for its profits—and that explicitly stated that such outsourcing was crucial to its success.
EXCLUSIVE: Romney Invested Millions in Chinese Firm That Profited on US Outsourcing | Mother Jones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 08:11 AM

827 posts, read 1,091,592 times
Car Company Gets U.S. Loan, Builds Cars In Finland - ABC News

Old 07-12-2012, 08:17 AM

26,636 posts, read 15,191,175 times
Obama Stimulus Funding Goes Abroad, Outsources Jobs

Old 07-12-2012, 08:28 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,827,606 times
Guys, questions about Obama policies don't just "cancel out" questions about Romney. The Pandora's box is open, again, you can't just close it. The questions won't go away. SMH.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Guys, questions about Obama policies don't just "cancel out" questions about Romney. The Pandora's box is open, again, you can't just close it. The questions won't go away. SMH.
If your message is Vote for Obama, because Romney outsourced to make his American investors (people with pensions and 401Ks) big money.

And it is pointed out that Obama also did outsourcing and had pro-outsourcing moves, but with taxpayer money and not private money then it takes the wind out of the attacks sails.

You have to come up with attacks on Romney that Obama isn't actually worse on.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If your message is Vote for Obama, because Romney outsourced to make his American investors (people with pensions and 401Ks) big money.

And it is pointed out that Obama also did outsourcing and had pro-outsourcing moves, but with taxpayer money and not private money then it takes the wind out of the attacks sails.

You have to come up with attacks on Romney that Obama isn't actually worse on.
No to your entire post. Who told you I have a message? Vote for Ron Paul, vote for Romney, I don't care. These aren't attacks on Romney, these are questions about his business record, which is what he is campaigning on. If you have questions about Obama policies, make a new thread, we'll read it and respond. But the response to every post about Romney cannot be "WELL OBAMA IS WORSE." That's not a defense. We're not in fifth grade. Same with Obama. If you make a critique of Obama, that's valid. The defense of him should not include anything about Romney.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:55 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,847,435 times
why does michiganmoon always come back with something about obama when were specifically talking about romney.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
No to your entire post. Who told you I have a message? Vote for Ron Paul, vote for Romney, I don't care. These aren't attacks on Romney, these are questions about his business record, which is what he is campaigning on. If you have questions about Obama policies, make a new thread, we'll read it and respond. But the response to every post about Romney cannot be "WELL OBAMA IS WORSE." That's not a defense. We're not in fifth grade. Same with Obama. If you make a critique of Obama, that's valid. The defense of him should not include anything about Romney.
It is 5th grade to pretend like Americans can't invest overseas and it is unethical to do so.

Probably 90% of the people in this forum I would imagine have a foreign investment through their 401K, Pension, IRA, or Brokerage whether they realize it or not.

These attacks are "sophomoric" and "nauseating" to use words from Mayor Booker and President Clinton.

And it is connected. If the issue is money going to overseas companies...Obama sent public money overseas to companies that employ ZERO Americans and asked for NOTHING in return. That is on topic and that is worse than Romney making private money for American clients. Get out of mom's basement and into the real world.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It is 5th grade to pretend like Americans can't invest overseas and it is unethical to do so.

Probably 90% of the people in this forum I would imagine have a foreign investment through their 401K, Pension, IRA, or Brokerage whether they realize it or not.

These attacks are "sophomoric" and "nauseating" to use words from Mayor Booker and President Clinton.

And it is connected. If the issue is money going to overseas companies...Obama sent public money overseas to companies that employ ZERO Americans and asked for NOTHING in return. That is on topic and that is worse than Romney making private money for American clients. Get out of mom's basement and into the real world.
Again, I cannot give you the critical thinking skills needed to recognize that there is a drastic difference between a diverse 401k and what Mitt Romney did. If you choose to see things that way, then so be it. If you think your point is stronger when you insult people and tell them "get out of mom's basement and into the real world," I think that you are indicating something about the kind of person you are.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Again, I cannot give you the critical thinking skills needed to recognize that there is a drastic difference between a diverse 401k and what Mitt Romney did. If you choose to see things that way, then so be it. If you think your point is stronger when you insult people and tell them "get out of mom's basement and into the real world," I think that you are indicating something about the kind of person you are.
There is a good chance that your 401K/pension/IRA/brokerage was benefited by Bain Capital.

It is almost a guarantee that you have money invested outside of this country whether in your 401K/pension/IRA/brokerage. I believe the stat is 42% of the $ of the US S&P 500 companies are made overseas.

It is a child's view of the world to have a problem with Romney investing client private money into a Chinese company that manufactures things, some of which are sold to the US, so US people with 401K/pension/IRA/brokerage profit. All while at the same time not having a problem with Obama sending US tax payer money to foreign companies with no US employees and asking for nothing in return. That is completely childish.

At Bain, Romney's job was to build wealth for his investors. He was successful. As president he will have a different role and function and I bet do a better job than Obama when it comes to sending taxpayer $$$ to foreign companies with nothing in return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections