Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 10:31 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,839,176 times

Advertisements

Whoa...how dare he ask such a question. LOL

Well what do I see coming if Obama loses........

Martial Law, riots in the street, interm camps, death squads....worst case scenerios of course.

Best case scenerios........ Prosperity, low unemployment, low taxes, smaller government, lower fuel prices, possible reversal of national debt but at least slowing of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 12:16 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,502,666 times
Prosperity for large corporations because Mitt would cut their taxes and remove regulations. They won't hire more workers. instead they pay higher salaries for their CEOs and executives. They continue to send jobs offshore to India and China.

More H1B visa holder coming into the USA from other countries to take jobs away from Americans, because they will work for cheaper than a USA worker. More savings for the big corporations. GOP will say that US doesnt have anough math and science techies to fill these jobs. Truth is, there are enough techy workers in the US to fill these jobs, but big corporations want to bring in cheaper labor to save on wages. Romney and the GOP already said they support bringing in more visa holders to work here.

Folks that are -between 55-65 and were planning early retirement, will be forced to work untill 65 because Obamacare would be repealed and they would have to keep working in order to get access to a health insurance plan. They would have retired early and gave up their jobs to younger workers. But they cannot get health insurance if Romney appeals Obamacare. So 10 more years of work and fewer jobs for younger workers.

Removal of regulation on big businesses, because Romney gives them everything they want. Environment laws ignored and possibly a nuclear energy disaster because regulations were removed. Major fraud on wall street because Rmney removed regulation. Insurance companies deny people with preexisting conditions, resulting in and extra 10,000 American deaths each year due to lack of health care.

Dirty water and air added to the environment because clean air and water laws are some of the regulations Romney will remove. Higher cancer rates and asthma related issues for Americans fr many years into the future.

We won't be able to eat fish caught in our local waters because Romney removed regulations and chemicals are going into the lakes and rivers.

Even though new cars are getting more MPG than ever before due to regulations, these regulations will removed. Ronmey will be lobbied by the petrolium industry. The oild industry wants more gas guzzling autos in the USA, so they can sell more gas. And they lobby to drill, drill, drill. Because gas hog vehicles creates higher demand for gas and they want to sell more gas. Romney will bend over for anything they want.

Higher risk for a new war...with Iran. The GOP loves this stuff and the defense industry lobby will push for it as well. Could be more expensive than the Iraq war in American lives and money.

Last edited by sware2cod; 07-04-2012 at 12:31 PM..

Old 07-04-2012, 12:25 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,381,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Prosperity for large corporations because Mitt would cut their taxes and remove regulations. They won't hire more workers. instead they pay higher salaries for their CEOs and executives. They continue to send jobs offshore to India and China.

More H1B visa holder coming into the USA from other countries to take jobs away from Americans, because they will work for cheaper than a USA worker. More savings for the big corporations. GOP will say that US doesnt have anough math and science techies to fill these jobs. Truth is, there are enough techy workers in the US to fill these jobs, but big corporations want to bring in cheaper labor to save on wages. Romney and the GOP already said they support bringing in more visa holders to work here.

Folks that are -between 55-65 and were planning early retirement, will be forced to work untill 65 because Obamacare would be repealed and they would have to keep working in order to get access to a health insurance plan. They would have retired early and gave up their jobs to younger workers. But they cannot get health insurance if Romney appeals Obamacare. So 10 more years of work and fewer jobs for younger workers.

Removal of regulation on big businesses, because Romney gives them everything they want. Environment laws ignored and possibly a nuclear energy disaster because regulations were removed. Major fraud on wall street because Rmney removed regulation. Insurance companies deny people with preexisting conditions, resulting in 10,000 Americans dieing each year due to lack of health care.

Dirty water and air added to the environment because clean air and water laws are some of the regulations Romney will remove. Higher cancer rates and asthma related issues for Americans.
In other words, things won't be much different than they are now. Regardless of who wins, you're going to have a liberal living in the White House.

Last edited by Ridgerunner; 07-04-2012 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: Sp.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:36 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,587,199 times
Default What if Obama loses?

Then we'll all get the opportunity to see if Romney will choose to serve his country or serve other masters.

And it's not like we haven't seen this movie before.

In 1968 he strongly supported the Vietnam War. But took every opportunity to avoid serving his country and instead served the masters of his mormon church.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:38 PM

26,527 posts, read 15,097,583 times
Well if President Obama loses, I hope that Romney would live up to some of the goals that 2008 Candidate Obama stood up for, but President Obama disagrees with.

I really hope that Romney would finally start to fulfill some of these promises that Obama made, but never tried to fulfill:

-reducing the deficit in half form 2006 levels

-transparency

-getting below the 1994 earmark level

-not doing what he said was unconstitutional, acting without congress on things like Libya, Dream Act, etc

-not blaming, did you know the Republican House has passed more bills than the Democrat Senate and the Democratic Senate is blocking and refusing to even vote on them, Obama's blame game has fooled many people even the OP

-not blaming continued, Bush, Kiosks, ATMs, automation, Tsunamis, Europe Debt, etc...

-no lobbyists in WH

-ending no bid gov. contracts for over 25K

-increasing natural gas on federal land and nuclear power

-going through the budget line by line ---> just getting an actual annual budget for the first time would be a huge step for this president

-time for bills to be posted online for public debate, none of this 2,700 pages with crap being added last second and my congressman has to vote for it to know what is in it

-post racial president not one that says "the police acted stupidly"

In essence I want 2008 Candidate Obama, not the flip flopper we have in office.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:46 PM

477 posts, read 365,587 times
The night he loses there will be riots,ya know its going to happen....course I don't expect him to lose so...either way we either get a liberal for 8 years or 4 more liberal years with Obama. I expect truthfully for Obama to declare Martial Law soon after the election...but hey its all falling into place...he is making black folks happy and scaring the hell out of white folks...soon enough the country will collapse.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:12 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,981,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Well if President Obama loses, I hope that Romney would live up to some of the goals that 2008 Candidate Obama stood up for, but President Obama disagrees with.

I really hope that Romney would finally start to fulfill some of these promises that Obama made, but never tried to fulfill:

-reducing the deficit in half form 2006 levels

-transparency

-getting below the 1994 earmark level

-not doing what he said was unconstitutional, acting without congress on things like Libya, Dream Act, etc

-not blaming, did you know the Republican House has passed more bills than the Democrat Senate and the Democratic Senate is blocking and refusing to even vote on them, Obama's blame game has fooled many people even the OP

-not blaming continued, Bush, Kiosks, ATMs, automation, Tsunamis, Europe Debt, etc...

-no lobbyists in WH

-ending no bid gov. contracts for over 25K

-increasing natural gas on federal land and nuclear power

-going through the budget line by line ---> just getting an actual annual budget for the first time would be a huge step for this president

-time for bills to be posted online for public debate, none of this 2,700 pages with crap being added last second and my congressman has to vote for it to know what is in it

-post racial president not one that says "the police acted stupidly"

In essence I want 2008 Candidate Obama, not the flip flopper we have in office.
Though I never believed OBooBoo, I support your list.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:20 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,905,407 times
Kiss our arseholes good bye either way.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
If he loses, he loses. So what?

Folks act as if their whole world will end based on election results. I'll vote for Obama, and if he loses, i'll be the same damn DesertDetroiter that i've been all my life. I'll still enjoy a great meal, great jazz, fast sportscars, and great times with my family and friends. I'll still travel, i'll still go to my job, and i'll still eat, sleep, drink, breathe, and sh*t.

This nation was built to withstand the term of any chief executive. So if Romney wins, oh well. He wins. I'll be p*ssed for two seconds and then go back to my business as if nothing ever happened. If Romney does a bad job, he'll be voted out, just like Obama got voted out.

I just don't see why people get so highly emotional about politics. We've had nearly 50 presidents, and the nation is still here. It'll survive Romney, Obama, and anyone else just like it survived Roosevelt, Kennedy, Reagan, Nixon, and a host of other people.

If election results are going to put you in a deep depression, then i suggest you find a hobby. Go buy a Corvette or something and hit the road. Geez.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:32 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,238,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
The night he loses there will be riots,ya know its going to happen....course I don't expect him to lose so...either way we either get a liberal for 8 years or 4 more liberal years with Obama. I expect truthfully for Obama to declare Martial Law soon after the election...but hey its all falling into place...he is making black folks happy and scaring the hell out of white folks...soon enough the country will collapse.
White folks don't have to worry. They'll be a firm minority in twenty more years and eligible for affirmative action.

They had better hope that when they do become the minority they get treated better than they treated the minorities when they were on top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections