Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 03:00 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,709,378 times

Advertisements

I wondered how long it would be before some moron started babbling about this. Another media talking point.

I almost feel sorry for Obama because he attracts such a strange bunch of fans. I'm sure there's a word for it, but I can't think of what it might be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 03:12 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,238,604 times
We tried to stop him from taking so many vacations....

Obama campaign's travel bookings outsourced to India | The Daily Caller
Quote:
But while Obama tries to hit Romney on this issue, records show that Obama’s campaign is using a travel booking company this year that have operations in India and China.
But nooooo...... he had some campaign promises to keep.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:41 PM

68,364 posts, read 54,587,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Much ado about nothing. Does anyone here actually believe that Romney would seek to outsource American jobs as President? Of course not. Certainly not anymore than Barack Obama, right? Why aren't Democrats holding Obama to the same account? Democrats and liberals are desperate.
Does anyone actually believe the ability to make profits at the cost of who knows what is meaningful in a POTUS when government is not and never has been a business? Romney's already said he'd increase defense spending, where's the profit for America in that?

Old 06-26-2012, 04:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,257,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Does anyone actually believe the ability to make profits at the cost of who knows what
Tell me your opinion when you actually know who knows what..

Old 06-26-2012, 04:26 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,196,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
This schtik again?

I said it before and I'll say it again: I'm not nearly as concerned about how Romney invested his money than about how Obama is squandering mine.

You got that right!

Old 06-26-2012, 04:27 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,196,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
True enough; but most of us know that the kind of jobs Romney hopes to save aren't the sort of "jobs" Barry-O's Childrens' Crusade has in mind -- they're too much like work!

Yes, work does seem a little too much for most of them.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:40 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,633,855 times
Question hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Yes, work does seem a little too much for most of them.
Who is "them"?

Old 06-26-2012, 07:26 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,553,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Much ado about nothing. Does anyone here actually believe that Romney would seek to outsource American jobs as President? Of course not. Certainly not anymore than Barack Obama, right? Why aren't Democrats holding Obama to the same account? Democrats and liberals are desperate.

I heard many Republicans wanting to increase H1B visa volumesto bring more workes INTO the USA from other countries. This was shortly after Steve Jobs died, when he was on a pedestal as a tech god. The GOP were saying Steve Jobs said he couldn't find qualified IT employees in the USA, so he wanted to bring folks from other countries to the USA to fill the jobs.

In reality, there are many qualified IT folks already in the USA. But Apple and the rest of the companies want to bring H1B visa holders from India because they work for less pay than Americans. All to save a buck. Romney will do the same thing. It's all about saving companies money in any way possible, cheaper taxes, cheaper labor.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:27 PM

26,652 posts, read 15,204,919 times
Honestly, how ridiculous is this? "Mr. Use Taxpayer Dollars to Outsource" through the government is complaining that "Mr. Use Private Dollars to Outsource" did some outsourcing through a private entity.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:43 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,426,154 times
This ad is so totally phony even the Washington Post gave it four Pinocchios. They say Obama is "likeable;" I just about puke every time I hear the "corporate raider" BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections