Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 07:42 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,472,577 times

Advertisements

This is the fourth MI poll released in the past few weeks showing a statistical tie between Romney and Obama.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/doc...ll_MI_0621.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 08:53 AM

26,523 posts, read 15,097,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
This is the fourth MI poll released in the past few weeks showing a statistical tie between Romney and Obama.

*covers ears* no way, Obama will win by a bigger margin than the 16.5% that he won in 2008! Hope and Change! YES WE CAN! O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma

Old 06-21-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
*covers ears* no way, Obama will win by a bigger margin than the 16.5% that he won in 2008! Hope and Change! YES WE CAN! O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma O -- Ba -- Ma
Hardcore Obama supporters are clueless. He will probably win MI, and may manage to win the election, but if he does - it'll be a squeaker, far from a landslide. One of the ones on this forum actually told me that he/she thought Obama was going to get 60% of the vote (nationally) - and he/she was clearly not joking!

Speaking of MI specifically - I think it's amusing that they don't understand the difference between Chapter 11 and Chapter 7. I also think it's amusing that they don't realize that GM and Chrysler DID actually end up going through Chapter 11.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 06-21-2012 at 01:12 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 12:51 PM

26,523 posts, read 15,097,583 times
Quote:
Hardcore Obama supporters are clueless. He will probably win MI, and may manage to win the election, but if he does - it'll be a squeaker, far from a landslide. One of them actually told me that he/she thought Obama was going to get 60% of the vote (nationally) - and was being serious about it!

Speaking of MI specifically - I think it's amusing that they don't understand the difference between Chapter 11 and Chapter 7. I also think it's amusing that they don't realize that GM and Chrysler DID actually end up going through Chapter 11.
Yes. I know someone who supports Obama in part because he would "never" let any big corporation like GM go through bankruptcy.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes. I know someone who supports Obama in part because he would "never" let any big corporation like GM go through bankruptcy.
HAHAHAHAHA....wow.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:31 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,502,666 times
Swing state folks are getting all the election commercials. They are so fun to watch from both sides. I love how they do the blury photos and black and white videos and show frowns on their opponent. Seems many of the commercials are negative, as in most elections these days. It will just get better as time goes on with these entertaining commercials. But only in the swing states.

I don't think the other states are getting any presidential election commercials unless folks are on the border of a swing state and get commercials from the swing stake market.

These are much better than super bowl commercials.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,971,624 times
If MI is in play, then it's likely OH, VA, IA and FL will be red this year.

This is great news for Mitt.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:33 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,463,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
If MI is in play, then it's likely OH, VA, IA and FL will be red this year.

This is great news for Mitt.
Even if that were true, Romney still has a LONG way to go to catch up to Obama's lead, which is already twice as close to the magic "270" to win (and that's according to RealClear, which is both conservative-leaning AND uses aggregate methodology)!

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

Old 06-22-2012, 02:50 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,773,595 times
Quote:

The other polls haven't been good for Romney. Quinnipiac has the president up by four points, and it seems like Romney campaign had previously invested more there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections