Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 07:29 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,062,335 times

Advertisements

Rand is a traitor to his own father and to real Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 07:38 PM

75 posts, read 40,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
What in the world are you smoking?
Ron Paul already said he will not endorse Mitt Romney unless he changes his stance on a lot of policies... It looks to me like the winner of the nomination at the convention will ask the other candidate to be the Vice Presidential running mate...

With Ron Paul actually winning at the delegate race and putting alot of pressure on the "establishment" for lack of a better term, They were getting really nervous... Do you think the elites are going to say "Oh well, we lost to Ron Paul and the American people?"... With unbound delegates nominating Ron Paul on the first ballot in Tampa they really had no choice but to pull something here... We shall see in Tampa who comes out on top...

Old 06-08-2012, 07:41 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,473,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_M_156 View Post
Ron Paul already said he will not endorse Mitt Romney unless he changes his stance on a lot of policies... It looks to me like the winner of the nomination at the convention will ask the other candidate to be the Vice Presidential running mate...

With Ron Paul actually winning at the delegate race and putting alot of pressure on the "establishment" for lack of a better term, They were getting really nervous... Do you think the elites are going to say "Oh well, we lost to Ron Paul and the American people?"... With unbound delegates nominating Ron Paul on the first ballot in Tampa they really had no choice but to pull something here... We shall see in Tampa who comes out on top...
Romney already has enough delegates to get the nomination on the first ballot. Yes, there are bound delegates.

Even Ron Paul knows that he cannot win the nomination. He and his campaign have said as much...NUMEROUS times.

I have tremendous respect for Dr. Paul and his message. While I don't agree with parts of his message, I find it refreshing compared to that of most other politicans and I find that he always sticks to his principles to be admirable (though I don't necessarily want a leader who is completely unwilling to waver on his/her principles). That being said, I would find it very difficult to be a Ron Paul supporter even if I agreed with more of his message, if only because of his cult-like following.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Romney already has enough delegates to get the nomination on the first ballot. Yes, there are bound delegates.

Even Ron Paul knows that he cannot win the nomination. He and his campaign have said as much...NUMEROUS times.

I have tremendous respect for Dr. Paul and his message. While I don't agree with parts of his message, I find it refreshing compared to that of most other politicans and I find that he always sticks to his principles to be admirable (though I don't necessarily want a leader who is completely unwilling to waver on his/her principles). That being said, I would find it very difficult to be a Ron Paul supporter even if I agreed with more of his message, if only because of his cult-like following.
They mean on the first ballot... Romney doesn't have enough delegates... All bets are off on the second ballot... Speaking of cults... Isn't Romney part of one?...

Old 06-08-2012, 08:33 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,595,043 times
The people who are killing Paul are nuts. He is a Republican,and Romney is going to be the nominee. His dad is not really a Republican.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
The people who are killing Paul are nuts. He is a Republican,and Romney is going to be the nominee. His dad is not really a Republican.
They both just commited political suicide... Ron Paul supporters will never vote for Mitt Romney... It's Ron Paul or no one... This may have just guaranteed an Obama re-election...

Old 06-08-2012, 10:09 PM

2,169 posts, read 3,392,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
If Ron Paul is such a small insignificant player, why are Romney bumper stickers so few and far between when Ron Paul stickers are everywhere and why can Ron Paul bring crowds of 5 or 10k with a days notice when Romney can't even draw 500 with a months notice?
Don't confuse the fanaticism of a few with being a majority.

College students and retirees may have a lot of time to attend rallies, conventions, or go out of their way to plaster bumper stickers and yard signs everywhere, but the majority of Americans who work 45-50 hour weeks and hold moderate views are the ones who determine elections.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:44 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post

College students and retirees may have a lot of time to attend rallies, conventions, or go out of their way to plaster bumper stickers and yard signs everywhere, but the majority of Americans who work 45-50 hour weeks and hold moderate views are the ones who determine elections.

Precisely.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:49 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,437,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
If you listen to the interview, Rand never said he discussed it with his father. Hannity asked if he had and Rand glossed over it. He never said his father gave his blessing.
Nor did he say he didn't...i'm quite sure he did,it isn't something you would do without discussing it first with your father.I wouldn't be interested in discussing that aspect with Sean Hannity either and would have glossed over it too.
He waited until the day after his father gave a statement where he said he couldn't win the nomination but was looking at bigger picture long term goals,[paraphrasing a bit].

I know many of you really think Ron Paul still has a chance to win the nomination,that he actually won many of the primaries,that Rand must have been threatened,that Ron Paul was actually about to win the majority of delegates,that huge numbers of people around the world are supporting him,etc........well you have your opinions,I won't bother arguing with you.

Although I voted for Ron Paul in the primary in 2008 and 2012 I don't agree with any of the above.......and thats my opinion.He has done better this time then I thought he would but in the end things are working about the way I expected.He has got a lot of his message discussed and thats about the best I thought was possible.I don't go as far as him on a lot of issues anyway and personally I'm a lot closer politically to Rand then Ron.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:03 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,573,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post

You're talking about the mind-numbed robots that have no clue what is going on. That is the majority you speak of.

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
A person hears only what they understand.
Johann Wolfang von Goethe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections