Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:35 AM

4,178 posts, read 4,193,826 times

Advertisements

I know there are plenty of chickenhawks here. But before you pound your chest and shout support the troops, just take a few minutes and watch what the troops had to say about the war.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0B-CEdMmwJ4#![youtube]

If you agree with the troop, those who had actually gone to war, then vote for the only peace candidate in the platform.

Go Ron Paul 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 08:39 AM

16,772 posts, read 8,245,402 times
I wonder if Dr. Paul will suffer the same result as George McGovern

Old 05-24-2012, 07:22 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,442,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
No,McGovern actually got his parties nomination.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:35 PM

16,772 posts, read 8,245,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
No,McGovern actually got his parties nomination.
Well put

Old 05-24-2012, 10:30 PM

30,364 posts, read 23,832,144 times
You forgot to close your YouTube tag. If you edit, the video link should show.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:40 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,608,179 times
Even if some wierd fluke of nature Ron Paul were to be elected, he would fall right in line with the GOP chickenhawks and reverse everything he stood for. They all do.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:05 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,816,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Even if some wierd fluke of nature Ron Paul were to be elected, he would fall right in line with the GOP chickenhawks and reverse everything he stood for. They all do.
Really? You believe that? I won't make any claims to him getting the nomination, but changing his positions is one thing he won't do. If he wanted to do that, isn't it more politically beneficial for him to do it NOW to get the nomination? Most Republicans hate him exactly because he won't pre-agree to a war with Iran. Love him or hate him, he doesn't change positions. He hasn't changed his positions for 30 years, so you think he will change them now? I can speak in no certain terms about Rand's positions, because Rand sometimes sends mixed signals and confuse me, but Ron? Hell..he is harder than a rock.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:20 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,970,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
I know there are plenty of chickenhawks here. But before you pound your chest and shout support the troops, just take a few minutes and watch what the troops had to say about the war.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0B-CEdMmwJ4#![youtube]

If you agree with the troop, those who had actually gone to war, then vote for the only peace candidate in the platform.

Go Ron Paul 2012.
you are again, putting way to much into something that may or may not be factual as most of us realize, anything can be put on UTube....but, keep thinking what you want, you will anyway....No matter how hard any of us try to enfluence others by posting this stuff it isn't going to make a difference. Anyone who is going to support your candidate has already done so.

Nita

Old 05-25-2012, 04:03 PM

37,973 posts, read 17,926,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I think the question to ask is how many more Americans will suffer the same fate as those that lost their lives overseas protecting the borders of other nations.
Bring our troops home where they belong so they can protect our borders.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:50 PM

1,332 posts, read 996,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I think the question to ask is how many more Americans will suffer the same fate as those that lost their lives overseas protecting the borders of other nations.
Bring our troops home where they belong so they can protect our borders.

I whole heartedly agree. We have no business bing in Afghanistan ANY longer....in fact, we should be OUT of all of the middle east NOW. We should pull our troops out in South Korea, AND in Germany.

We need to start worrying more about OUR borders. Not that ANY US president will have the balls to make a stand and start treating the illegal immigration across our borders for what it is...AN INVASION.

Can guarantee you one thing for sure....there isn't another country in this entire world that would allow the invasion of illegal, undocumented people coming across their borders by the MILLIONS. Not ONE. If that were to happen to Russia, Iran, Germany, France....there would be MILITARY action to stop the flow AND to find the illegal people and get them the hell OUT. Go ahead and try to say I am wrong about that!!

Russia would just start shooting illegals as they gtried to run across the border...they would have helicopter gunships with night vision capabilities...AND, they would give the offending country a warning to STOP their people or else be held responsible.

But us? We have a whole boatload of mamby pamby liberals who think it's just FINE for illegal immigrants to come here. After all...they are just looking for a better life...and what better than to over tax OUR social programs to feed, house and educate them? Hell....WE have the &$$ don't we??

I wonder how those mamby pamby libs would feel with a tent city of illegal immigrants camped out in THEIR town down the street from them...or 5 families of them moving in next door? Probably wouldn't be so enthusiastic I'm guessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections