Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 07:11 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,537,069 times

Advertisements

Six in 10 Say Obama Same-Sex Marriage View Won't Sway Vote

I should mention that I am a socially moderate, non-evangelical Republican who doesn't have a problem with gay marriage.

That being said, I'm always glad to see a poll that shows that people are less likely to vote for Obama - whatever the reason.

Among independent voters, 23% said it makes them less likely to vote for him and just 11% said it makes them more likely to. Among Democrats, 10% said it makes them less likely to vote for him (and only 2% of Republicans said it makes them more likely to vote for him).

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-11-2012 at 07:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 07:17 PM

14,208 posts, read 15,250,045 times
If it is from all voters most republicans would not vote for Zobama and could have responded less likely, if it's of undecided then it matters marginally more.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,111,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
If it is from all voters most republicans would not vote for Zobama and could have responded less likely, if it's of undecided then it matters marginally more.
23% of Indies say they are LESS likely to vote for him, 11% say more likely.

10% of democrats LESS likely to vote for him, which is no small number.

Quote:
Specifically, 23% of independents and 10% of Democrats say it makes them less likely to vote for Obama, while a smaller 11% of independents and 2% of Republicans say it makes them more likely to vote for Obama. Those figures suggest Obama's gay marriage position is likely to cost him more independent and Democratic votes than he would gain in independent and Republican votes, clearly indicating that his new position is more of a net minus than a net plus for him.
Make it so..in OH, PA and VA.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:24 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,650,132 times
Makes sense since 31 states have voted it down. Liberal Hollywood, Madison Avenue and the Media love to innundate us with pro gay/ SSM images and messages as they try and make it seem more common and acceptable than it really is to most Americans. Times are changing; but not nearly at the speed some want to make it seem. Obama may have gotten his payout from his big liberal/pro SSM Hollywood donors. But, votewise, I think its backfiring.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
I edited my OP to include some more info on this for those who didn't want to read the link (and it looks like sanrene replied with the same stats as I was typing this response).

Old 05-11-2012, 07:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,111,792 times
I think most KNOW he's been lying for years and his major flip-flop was made out of political necessity.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:30 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,519,766 times
Nope to the above poster, we have tons of friends, tons because of business and personal.
I have democrat friends whom are older, that only believe a Man and Women ought to be married, and nothing will sway their mind.
Does not make a difference what party you belong too. Your either going to believe in the sanction that only a Man and Women ought to be married as so many of our friends.

The ones whom are open minded as i am, will not change their minds. I still am not voting for Obama, and i have a lot of gay friends. There is so much more important issues then just that one stance. Although important, we need to make headway with this downright sliding negative, over the cliff economy.
People do not need to change their mind, just to apease the masses. Your entitled to your own opinion, does not matter what others think.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think most KNOW he's been lying for years and his major flip-flop was made out of political necessity.
You do know that in the 90's when he was running for IL State Senate, he was actually FOR gay marriage, right? LMAO

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-11-2012 at 07:44 PM..

Old 05-11-2012, 08:16 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,509,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Makes sense since 31 states have voted it down. Liberal Hollywood, Madison Avenue and the Media love to innundate us with pro gay/ SSM images and messages as they try and make it seem more common and acceptable than it really is to most Americans. Times are changing; but not nearly at the speed some want to make it seem. Obama may have gotten his payout from his big liberal/pro SSM Hollywood donors. But, votewise, I think its backfiring.
It's quite remarkable with the onslaught by the institutions you've mentioned, gay marriage has been defeated every time it has been taken directly to the people.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:17 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,509,633 times
Look for Obama to "clarify" his remarks in the coming days and weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections