Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you a....
Democrat 13 32.50%
Republican 10 25.00%
Other - (3rd party) 17 42.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:42 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,994,129 times

Advertisements

D, I'm progressive. I support demand side economics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 04:10 AM

447 posts, read 496,376 times
Default GOP (except Ron Paul faction ) is spoiled teenage party

They now totally lost common sense. They drove out all those rational, Moderate elements and become frozen, rigid pure politician machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I was a solid Republican for decades. Now I'm an independent, likely to vote Democratic for the forseeable future. I've only voted Democratic once so far, though.

The GOP has lost its credibility and is thrashing around like a bucket of fish out of water. They've been taken over by religious radicals and I'll have nothing to do with them again until they regain their sanity and start acting like adults.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:00 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan from NM View Post
The question is simple....Are you a Democrat, Republican or 3rd party? (I love election years!!!)

Explain why?
Your Poll is a failure since many of us belong to No Party. No Party represents my stand on all the issues so hence I will not join one. Build a new Party based on moderate thinking, common sense and what is good for the Nation and not on Party power and you will get my attention.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:03 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,488,958 times
A reluctant Democrat. My sympathies are basically libertarian, but the most important thing now is to keep the warmongers, creationists and other loons out of power.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:32 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,412,066 times
I see both of the mainstream parties as two sides of the same worthless coin. Both sides show a different face, but it's still the same worthless coin. Besides, two parties is just one more than a dictatorship and just as easily controlled by the real powers that be.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:16 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,696,020 times
Both the democrat and republicans are controlled by big business and big money. Every person in the senate or house is a millionaire or soon will be. Their top priority is re-elections and the simple rule is, those with the most money will win. These politicians, with few exceptions, are nothing more than the puppets of the wealthy. It is long overdue that America gets rid of these bums.

The time for a new party is now. We need people who will represent the majority of Americans and not the 1% who now control the country.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:18 PM

10,755 posts, read 23,847,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Both the democrat and republicans are controlled by big business and big money. Every person in the senate or house is a millionaire or soon will be. Their top priority is re-elections and the simple rule is, those with the most money will win. These politicians, with few exceptions, are nothing more than the puppets of the wealthy. It is long overdue that America gets rid of these bums.

The time for a new party is now. We need people who will represent the majority of Americans and not the 1% who now control the country.
Unfortunately the media is mostly controlled by that faction as well. A third party would get subdued coverage.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:48 PM

377 posts, read 684,984 times
[SIZE=3]I usually vote for the side I lean to or stumble on to, whenever I have had a few cocktails. But I do think, however, we need more than two parties, just like they have in other parts of the world. I believe there will be less gridlock as you can now see.
[/SIZE]

Old 05-11-2012, 12:21 AM

36,661 posts, read 67,579,201 times
Id like 5-8 major parties, maybe more.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:52 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,911,104 times
I'm still waiting for a candidate from ANY party which has a plan for (a) dealing with the financial system mess we're in, (b) getting credible manufacturing moving back into the US, (c) clamping down on greedy employers who take advantage of illegals working for them, and (d) dealing with becoming energy self sufficiency so we can give the Middle East the finger. Unfortunately, haven't seen anyone from any party pitch anything credible, so we're basically screwed.

In the mean time, the majority of the US would rather talk about pranks Obama and Obomney did in high school. Apparently, the US has become a nation ruled by a very small group of ultra greedy smart people bamboozling a nation full of retards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections