Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,409,737 times

Advertisements

His largest lead yet.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p..._NC_041112.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 11:54 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,189,274 times
The margin of error is 3.1 so this is still not much of a lead actually. Obama has got issues if this is the best he is doing and Romney isn't even the nominee yet. Once he is and Republicans start to come together, Obama will be hurting.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:19 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,877,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The margin of error is 3.1 so this is still not much of a lead actually. Obama has got issues if this is the best he is doing and Romney isn't even the nominee yet. Once he is and Republicans start to come together, Obama will be hurting.
You're right, now the focus will be on Obama's failures. The Republicans and a good deal of Independents will rally around Romney as things become clearer.

Romney will even pull quite a few Democrats also. 3+ years of Obama lies, BS, Spin and unkept promises coupled with 2 ongoing wars ( yes they belong to Obama now) high unemployment, gas prices,Bernanke, Geithner and Eric Holder will draw a sharp contrast against Romney.

In short " Hope & Change" the sequel will prove to be a flop. Now Obama has to run on his record instead of empty slogans/promises.

Nearly 4 years of " Blame Bush" just doesn't cut it anymore.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:25 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,587,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You're right, now the focus will be on Obama's failures. The Republicans and a good deal of Independents will rally around Romney as things become clearer.

Romney will even pull quite a few Democrats also. 3+ years of Obama lies, BS, Spin and unkept promises coupled with 2 ongoing wars ( yes they belong to Obama now) high unemployment, gas prices,Bernanke, Geithner and Eric Holder will draw a sharp contrast against Romney.

In short " Hope & Change" the sequel will prove to be a flop. Now Obama has to run on his record instead of empty slogans/promises.

You keep telling yourself that.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:17 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,945,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

lol you have no idea how elections work. George Bush didn't run on his record in 2004, he made it about John Kerry being a flip flop and won. Obama will make this election about what a scumbag Romney is and win in a landslide

Old 04-12-2012, 06:22 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,981,062 times
Got a more balanced poll than one done by PPP, the Rasmussen of the Democrat Party? NC is still in tossup mode according to RCP, and RCP has it as tossup, leaning Romney

Old 04-12-2012, 06:53 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,959,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Got a more balanced poll than one done by PPP, the Rasmussen of the Democrat Party? NC is still in tossup mode according to RCP, and RCP has it as tossup, leaning Romney
Uh huh...

In 2010, PPP polls had a slight Republican bias (ie, they slightly over-estimated the performances of Republican candidates).
http://www.538host.com/pollacc1.png (broken link)
Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate; Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA Performed Strongly - NYTimes.com

And as for North Carolina, in 2010 PPP polled the Senate race there 16 times, showed Richard Burr (R) winning every time, and their last poll nailed his 12% margin of victory on the spot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_North_Carolina,_2 010#Polling_3

Actually, I suspect Romney will ultimately carry North Carolina, but my reasons don't involve whining about the pollster in question, particularly when that pollster doesn't show the left-wing bias you claim it does -- I simply expect this election to be closer than the 2008 election (Romney has demonstrated considerably more competence than John McCain) and North Carolina was a very narrow win for Obama in 2008.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:04 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,977,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post

Actually, I suspect Romney will ultimately carry North Carolina, but my reasons don't involve whining about the pollster in question, particularly when that pollster doesn't show the left-wing bias you claim it does -- I simply expect this election to be closer than the 2008 election (Romney has demonstrated considerably more competence than John McCain) and North Carolina was a very narrow win for Obama in 2008.
I'm still kind of in shock Obama carried it in 2008. I think Romney will probably end up taking North Carolina but the fact that North Carolina is going to be a fight is not a good sign for the Romney camp. His unfavorables are awful 56% see him as unfavorable and 62% of independents view him as unfavorable. That's quite the uphill battle he has.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,948,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Not a total surprise and I would think, your living in the state would know that. He carried it in 2008. That being said, I still think Romney can pull the state back to the Red, but we will know in less than 7 months.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:40 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,409,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
It is North Carolina. If Republicans cannot win NC then they are pretty much scr**ed. Furthermore Obama is trending upwords as the poll says while Mitt is on a downward trajectory.

Additionally, Obama is starting to run on the issues contrary to what Republicans are saying. He has has attacked Romney for not supporting the president's Auto bailout package, and now Romney is being hit for his wishy washy positions on the Lilly Ledbetter act that Obama and the Democrats passed.

As to NC I think Obama will ultimately win here, especially if he is able to maintain his on the ground organizational message. As I have said numerous times North Carolina, while less then most of the south, is still a socially conservative state. It is not really an economically conservative state. If the Republicans had nominated someone who was a consistent social conservative they would probably have no problem wining NC, but absent that it will be close, even advantage Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections