Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:04 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,382,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you have to choose between cheap beer and sewage, then what do you do?

Third candidate, perhaps?
That's one thing that really stinks about America...there's no room for a third party at the national level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 11:06 AM

76,959 posts, read 48,037,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
That's one thing that really stinks about America...there's no room for a third party at the national level.
I was really, really hoping Ron Paul had succeeded, but he was not allowed to. The media (both left and right) made sure of it. But guess what? I'll vote for him anyway.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:13 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,382,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I was really, really hoping Ron Paul had succeeded, but he was not allowed to. The media (both left and right) made sure of it. But guess what? I'll vote for him anyway.
It's a cop out to blame the media. The media isn't the problem. The two party system and nomination process is the problem.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:13 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,881,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
He's right...Romney will just keep f-ing it up. BHO is doing a fine job flushing us all down the crapper. Let him finish the job.
To be honest........ Our President is having to clean up the crapper after America was dumped on big time by Bush and the Republican administration.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:16 AM

76,959 posts, read 48,037,032 times
Quote:
It's a cop out to blame the media. The media isn't the problem. The two party system and nomination process is the problem.
Believe it or not, but the media picks the nominees. No one has as much influence as the media. People have their votes, but the media usually gets who they promote.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 17,035,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
I would vote for ANYONE over Obama.
As for Santorum, it's his way or the highway.
Wahhhhh. He needs to drop out.....let's get this thing going.
Partisan voters that care nothing about the Nation and put Party above all do exactly that.
Like many others, including yourself.
Drop out? He is running neck and neck with Romney, it is Newt and Paul that need to drop out, neither can win the nomination and they can both forget ever winning the Whitehouse, make it officially a two man race, since it already is.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:23 AM

47,142 posts, read 26,322,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Guess Santorum isn't interested in the VP slot.
Not on the Republican ticket, anyway.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 17,035,708 times
Quote:
It has to be built at the local level first then move to the federal level, THEN it is possible to win the Whitehouse. I would love to see a third Party if it actually represented the moderates stuck in the middle.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:27 AM

47,142 posts, read 26,322,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It has to be built at the local level first then move to the federal level, THEN it is possible to win the Whitehouse. I would love to see a third Party if it actually represented the moderates stuck in the middle.
Duverger's Law. If you have plurality voting, you will almost inevitably end up with a 2-party system.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:30 AM

994 posts, read 728,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I think its pretty low-ball to assert that Romney would be as bad as Obama. Considering the dislike I have for Obama's policies, I disagree with Santorum wholeheartedly.

I do like Santorum's family and social values on the whole. I just think the way he throws them around is not all that beneficial to him or Republicans.
Santorum did not assert that Romney would be as bad as Obama. He wasn't even comparing Romney and Obama at all. You need to consider the context of the remark, not just pick out 1 sentence. What he said is that if Romney is going to wipe the slate clean as soon as the general election comes up, then you have no idea what you're going to get with him later when he's in general election mode when you vote for him now when he's in primary election mode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections