Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 01:20 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,220,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
That is your opinion...so what? It is no more 'junk' than a lot of the propoganda that gets posted here.
No, it's not my opinion, it's a fact. The author works for a very conservative organization and is using data that is a year old to predict an election that will take place in 9 months. .

Quote:
It is no more 'junk' than a lot of the propoganda that gets posted here.
So that's your defense for posting an inaccurate article, that other people do the same thing? Sounds like 5th grade reasoning to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 01:20 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,392,265 times
Dixie, please!

Old 02-01-2012, 01:21 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,957,908 times
Quote:
That is your opinion...so what? It is no more 'junk' than a lot of the propoganda that gets posted here.
We all have opinions, but it would be best to basethem on the her and now than on the past. Until there is a Official GOP Candidate runing against Obama it is impossible to even guess what the number will be in the end. Based on the lack of support amoung GOP voters for one clear candidate and on the fact that few Paul supporters will vote for any of the other remaining candidates I would say if there is a landslide win it will be Obama getting it, see how easy it is to make predictions. Let's see who the GOP candidate will be and then we can start talking turkey

Old 02-01-2012, 01:26 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,261,329 times
There's no way that Obama loses Oregon. I would say the same for New Mexico and probably Colorado too. That jumps his total by 21.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:29 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,476,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
There's no way that Obama loses Oregon. I would say the same for New Mexico and probably Colorado too. That jumps his total by 21.
I think he's more likely to lose Colorado than states like Iowa or Pennsylvania.

CO is a traditionally Republican-leaning swing state.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 02-01-2012 at 01:42 PM..

Old 02-01-2012, 01:41 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,782,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
I think that's a good analysis. Colorado will be a toss up. To me, the GOP is in a difficult position. The base doesn't like Romney and Gingrich would be a train wreck as the nominee. Obama will have enough money to hammer away at Romney's gaffes and flip flops to defeat him. It will be an ugly race, but then again the GOP usually plays ugly. Don't underestimate Gary Johnson on the ballot in all 50 states. He could pull enough conservative/tea party votes away from Romney to give Obama a win in the toss up states.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:52 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,404,464 times
Default Pathetic nonsense

The desperation of the clueless right never ceases to amaze me.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:55 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,386,523 times
Forget the polls keep your eye on those Vegas betting odds. Dem, Rep or Indie don't expect much from any change in government. Watch the odds. If nothing else try to improve your own economy and bet on the best odds.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:12 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,501,912 times
Quote:
I didn't add any of my own analysis to this article. It is exactly how it was written. Do you understand what "reading comprehension" means?
You posted the article and it's title without comment. That's something that continues to intrigue me. People post things and have no interest in the topic, nothing to add. Why post it then? I'm not just drawing attention to you, but it's a general problem on discussion forums. So, the issue interested you enough to start the discussion ... what are your thoughts? Thanks.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:12 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,418,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Obama Approval Above 50% in 10 States and D.C. in 2011

Yet, we keep hearing on C-D that Obama's re-election is a foregone conclusion. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Bottom 10 States w/ 2008 result

Utah - McCain
Idaho - McCain
Oklahoma - McCain
Wyoming - McCain
West Virginia - McCain
Montana - McCain
Arkansas - McCain
South Dakota - McCain
Alaska - McCain
North Dakota - McCain
Kentucky - McCain

Top 10 States w/ 2008 result

D.C. - Obama
Hawaii - Obama
Maryland - Obama
Massachusetts - Obama
Connecticut - Obama
New York - Obama
Vermont - Obama
Delaware - Obama
New Jersey - Obama
Illinois - Obama
California - Obama

shocking poll results, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections