Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 07:54 PM

730 posts, read 831,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Rand, or Gary Johnson if they run. They can ignore Gary again, but they can't ignore a senator. Could be Huntsman though.
It really depends on where the country is at. I think the libertarian philosphy is still a ways off from achieiving mainstream support, but that could change depending on the political climate in the country. Personally, I think even now huntsman is the most electable politician of all the candidates, including obama. His positions on war, the economy, and social issues have the ability to attarct democrats and independents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 08:07 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,175,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. Unforunately, however, Huntsman can't win with the social conservative and religious crowd.
I like Huntsman a lot, and that is very true unfortunately. Very sad when people would choose Santorum over him.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:37 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,214,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Exactly. And I'm sure that if they had to endorse a candidate who actually had a chance to win the nomination, they'd choose Romney.

Huntsman is my first choice, but I've decided to vote for Romney in the primary anyway because he is my first choice among the ones who can actually win.

If they had of endorsed Romney, then his detractors would say it's because he is not a conservative. He is damned either way, not matter what he does. Glad to hear you are voting for him. I have talked to a lot of people just today who were on the fence that have now said they will vote for him. Maybe all of the negative press does help...lol.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:39 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,214,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I'm closer to Newt on the issues but I am probably going to vote for Romney as well. Not like it matters, Maryland votes late in the primary season.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:05 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,335,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
A very liberal newspaper that is owned by the same company that owns the New York Times. It's not surprising.
Agreed, some of us may not like Romney or think he is not conservative enough for us, but he certainly isn't as liberal as Huntsman and I wouldn't expect an endorsement for him from some paper like the Boston Globe.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:07 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,352,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
It really depends on where the country is at. I think the libertarian philosphy is still a ways off from achieiving mainstream support, but that could change depending on the political climate in the country. Personally, I think even now huntsman is the most electable politician of all the candidates, including obama. His positions on war, the economy, and social issues have the ability to attarct democrats and independents.
Like I said, it's a swing state and the voters in the triangle area are more independent thinking than the Bible Belt zone. Lots of crunchy granola people fed up and consequently skipping the Obama vote next year. I'm going to make sure as many votes as possible are siphoned from Romney in this high electoral count state. Everyone knows how purple NC has become since 2008, correct?

Old 01-06-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I'm closer to Newt on the issues but I am probably going to vote for Romney as well. Not like it matters, Maryland votes late in the primary season.
We vote late as well (may) so I am not sure hubby and my votes will mean anything except the satisfaction of voting for who I wish was going to be the nominee.

Nita

Old 01-06-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
This time around yes. But next time around paul will be gone.
and so, probably will be Huntsman or certainly if we do not elect a Republican this time there will be some much more exciting names to choose from.

Nita

Old 01-06-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Rand, or Gary Johnson if they run. They can ignore Gary again, but they can't ignore a senator. Could be Huntsman though.
Rand is a longshoot, but depending on how he does as a senator we will see. Gary will never go anywhere. In fact it is doubtful he would even give it a second thought. Too bad he didn't give it a shoot in 2008..
Nita

Old 01-06-2012, 08:14 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,352,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Rand is a longshoot, but depending on how he does as a senator we will see. Gary will never go anywhere. In fact it is doubtful he would even give it a second thought. Too bad he didn't give it a shoot in 2008..
Nita
The more the GOP is fed up with establishment liberal-moderate candidates this time around, the easier it will be to establish a Goldwater foundation for the party. That necessitates Romney losing, if he becomes the nominee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections