Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 09:08 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times

Advertisements

A new poll says President Obama and Mitt Romney are running just about even in the swing-iest of swing states: Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio.
"Since 1960, no candidate has won the presidency without carrying at least two of these three states," reports the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.
Qunnipiac's numbers in "the three states that for the past half-century have predicted the presidential winner:"
FLORIDA: Obama 42% -- Romney 45%
OHIO: Obama 45% -- Romney 42%
PENNSYLVANIA: Obama 44% -- Romney 43%

Obama, Romney neck-and-neck in 3 key states
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 11:02 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
No surprise at all, and MR is the sole Repub who can go toe-to-toe in the critical states.

Thans for posting it.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:18 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
No surprise at all, and MR is the sole Repub who can go toe-to-toe in the critical states.

Thans for posting it.

there are too many republicans that will not vote for a moderate such as romney. the only real choice for the salvation of the USA is the election of Ron Paul.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
there are too many republicans that will not vote for a moderate such as romney. the only real choice for the salvation of the USA is the election of Ron Paul.

I think you are forgetting that the other choice is Obama! Romney/Obama...now who do you think they will vote for?

Old 11-14-2011, 12:15 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I think you are forgetting that the other choice is Obama! Romney/Obama...now who do you think they will vote for?
Both are essentially the same center/right republican. It would be interesting to see.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Both are essentially the same center/right republican. It would be interesting to see.

To conservative Republicans, Obama is not center of anything. They consider him to be far too liberal. Romney will start to look more and more conservative if he is the nominee to them, because actually he isn't nearly as moderate or left of center as the Tea Party has made him to be in their minds and by their talk radio and Fox News leadership. Actually, many of them supported Romney last time.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:49 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:

when the choice is the lesser of 2 evils, I shall not choose either. after all, the only wasted vote is one not cast at all.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:31 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
To conservative Republicans, Obama is not center of anything. .
I've heard some conservative Republicans on this forum call Hitler a liberal. Go figure.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I disagree. ALL republicans that I know will vote for the any republican running against Obummer.

While Republicans are hoping for their candidate of choice to receive the nomination, at the end of the day, anyone whom calls them self a Republican/Conservative will vote against Obummer.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:10 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I disagree. ALL republicans that I know will vote for the any republican running against Obummer.

While Republicans are hoping for their candidate of choice to receive the nomination, at the end of the day, anyone whom calls them self a Republican/Conservative will vote against Obummer.
In any other election cycle I would agree with you, but there is a hardcore faction of the Tea Party that is fed up with getting stuck with candidates that are what they consider to be RINOs. Will they hold their noses and vote for Romney, like they did for McCain? Maybe, if Romney puts a Tea Partier on the ticket, but even that didn't work for McCain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections