Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 01:24 AM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
And cleared, Fleet. During his tenure we gained 21 million jobs, lost few lives in military conflicts, it was overall the best 8 years politically and economically in my life. I hope someday we can enjoy a period even 1/2 as good.
"Cleared" because the Democrats in Congress put their party over the law.
Clinton was lucky enough to be in office during the Internet boom. While you were enjoying those 8 years, Clinton was making big blunder like supplying North Korea (of all countries ) nuclear material for "energy" purposes and had built (at our cost) two nuclear plants. N. Korea, of course, uses the material to build nuclear weapons. Clinton also changed the way the CIA could obtain info. They could no longer receive info from informants with a felony record. This caused many experienced CIA agents to retire and the country ended up being less secure. Yeah, what a "great" 8 years.

Quote:
I couldn't care less about any presidents affairs, quite frankly.
I don't either, until they start breaking laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 01:28 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,981,706 times
21 million jobs.yes. Its always the economy , stupid should be every elections mantra. I'd settle for 1/2 that rate from any president from now on. He was a DLC guy, which is the pro business wing of the party, hence regulations were not his mantra. Jobs were.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:03 AM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times
Quote:
21 million jobs.yes. Its always the economy , stupid should be every elections mantra. I'd settle for 1/2 that rate from any president from now on. He was a DLC guy, which is the pro business wing of the party, hence regulations were not his mantra. Jobs were.
Explain how Clinton, other than being president at the time, gets credit for "creating" 21 million jobs? He did pass a big tax hike which hurt many small businesses. The fact is that the '90s economy was good in spite of Clinton, not because of him.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:14 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,983,595 times
Quote:
rural lady, GF and SP shared one common feature..both were unqualified tokens, and as such both will harm all future female pols, even the qualified.
I doubt it, look at Hilary, she was close to being the nominee

Old 10-08-2011, 07:47 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,469,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Brains
True, Palin does have more brains than Ferraro. After all Palin was elected Governor, which is more than Ferraro ever was. So what you are saying is that liberal freaks are jealous of Sarah's intellectual capabilities.

I figured liberal freaks were simply hypocritical misogynists. I never thought it could have been petty jealously.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:13 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,949,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Speaking of erroneous remarks, where did I give you the impression that I was ridiculing either you or 3~Shepherds?

Last time I checked my post, I was ridiculing liberals for demeaning Sarah Palin. If you want to place yourself or 3~Shepherds that same infantile category as the liberal freaks, that is your choice.
qualityguy..........think you've become somewhat confusing on this thread

Do I have a choice here..........I can speak for myself and I'm not a liberal.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Right, article said family comes first, I wonder and money 2nd.
She's making more than the President, why bother to run, turned her back on her supporters, her true colors came out, we already knew it, her followers just didn't believe.
I'm not a follower as you call it. She didn't let people down if you had kept up with the polls most of her supporters where glad. They like her but they are smart enough to know she's to polarizing at this time and she is probably "polishing" up to run in 2016, if she feels the country isn't turning around.

Must remember she's a girl that knows how to "Retreat and Reload", that scares the left, they have no ammo!!!

Old 10-08-2011, 10:02 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,389,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'm not a follower as you call it. She didn't let people down if you had kept up with the polls most of her supporters where glad. They like her but they are smart enough to know she's to polarizing at this time and she is probably "polishing" up to run in 2016, if she feels the country isn't turning around.

Must remember she's a girl that knows how to "Retreat and Reload", that scares the left, they have no ammo!!!
More 'scare the left' nonsense. She was the Democrat's dream date for 2012, period. No if's and's or but's. All that 'scared' crap is teabagger's whistling in the graveyard.

What were the chances of Nixon ever coming back after he quit? Zero. Zilch. What are Palin's chances in 2016? Worse than Nixon's. He only quit once. This makes 3 times for Pailin.

She can't turn around a car in a 2 acre parking lot. This country is ready and willing to elect a woman as President, but that lady won't be Sarah Palin or Hillary Clinton. Neither wants the job now.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
More 'scare the left' nonsense. She was the Democrat's dream date for 2012, period. No if's and's or but's. All that 'scared' crap is teabagger's whistling in the graveyard.

What were the chances of Nixon ever coming back after he quit? Zero. Zilch. What are Palin's chances in 2016? Worse than Nixon's. He only quit once. This makes 3 times for Pailin.

She can't turn around a car in a 2 acre parking lot. This country is ready and willing to elect a woman as President, but that lady won't be Sarah Palin or Hillary Clinton. Neither wants the job now.
you are right on except the comment about Palin not being able to turn a car around could have been left out. Statements like that are unnecessary and very childish. I would expect that from a 5th grader.

Nita

Old 10-08-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

I'd say Hillary still wants the spot just as bad as Sarah might. I never said I wanted her for President, but I wouldn't be out there dissing her if she wanted to give it a try.

If the lady can load a gun, she can turn the car around, that's if President Obama will let's her sit up front. I heard he doesn't even own his own car so who do you think has more driving experience. Takes more to get around in the country, than in the city, with your own chauffeur.

By the way does the left get scared of the mention of Palin, now that's news..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections