Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 01:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,334,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Exhibit A

Janeane Garofalo: Racist Republicans Support Herman Cain

OK - so white people here are your options.

Vote for white republican vs. black democrat = you are racist
Vote for black republican vs. black democrat = you are racist

Vote for black democrat vs. white republican = you are not racist
Vote for black democrat vs. black republican = you are not racist

If you look at what's here - all democrats must be black and all republicans must be white - since you can only be a racist when voting against a democrat.

All of this is BS! If Obama was white and Cain WAS black I still would not vote for him! He is a career businessman not a politician, meaning his focus is one thing NUMBERS! If he was a legit tea partier and tnot a teabagger I would have some respect for him....but since he is not well....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Remember that Cain supports affirmative action, i don't think he will be the nomination but I respect the guy for being conservative, black and not being scared of bullies.

He gets my respect even though I'm not a Republican.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
When did he say that? I'm not doubting you but I just wanted to know.
I know that he BENEFITTED from AA, just like Clarence Thomas. We all know how that goes

Old 09-29-2011, 01:26 PM

45,464 posts, read 60,692,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
A_Lexus, don't sweat the BS! how quickly they forgot Micheal Steele and what was that other black guy who no one voted for in I think Mich? Cain has no chance of winning the nonmination PERIOD! The only reason that they are even paying vague attention to him is because he is black not because of the stupid sh*t that he spouts. Cain is that H.N that can be used to say and do things that they (white tea bag republicans) can't to black people. Nevermind that he grew up in the segregated south but had no ties to fight for the equality for black people. He is what I call a "turtle politician". Througout the turbulent 60's and 70's where was he? He tucked his head in his shell and waited for everything to blow over.
The republican party will NEVER allow a blackman or a woman to represent them in the White house.

Mike Steele received @45% of the vote against Ben Cardin (whose turn it was to be Senator) in a state where Democrats outnumber Republicans by better than 2 to 1. Steele received less than 20% of the Black vote in that election.

In the Democratic primary that year Cardin defeated former NAACP Chair and Congressman Kweisi Mfume 43% to 40%.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:27 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,552,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I've been saying all along that Cain doesn't stand a chance to be his party's representative because of this fundamental reason. His policies don't matter, but the problem of his race is a glaring problem among GOP supporters.

Is Herman Cain's race the real elephant in the room?
Herman Cain is nothing more than Michael Steele Part II.

Prominent Black Republican's walk a mighty thin line within the party and they know that to reach for higher positions/offices requires checking some of their dignity at the door. It matters not to some (not all or even most but some) White Republicans if Herman Cain believes in every policy in which they believe...they wouldn't even dream of welcoming Herman Cain into their homes.

I wish that this was not so and if things were different within the Republican party (including who they use as their media mouthpieces) they actually would have a greater number of Blacks who vote Republican. There are many, many conservative minded Black Americans. The Sunday dinner table of many middle/upper class Black American families is a place of some of the most "conservative" viewpoints one could possibly hear.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:43 PM

45,631 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I was going to post a link to that wench's comments but that stupid, no talent, bigot isn't worth even discussing.
It helped make my earlier point - that's the only reason I used it. Otherwise, I'm with you.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Herman Cain is nothing more than Michael Steele Part II.

Prominent Black Republican's walk a mighty thin line within the party and they know that to reach for higher positions/offices requires checking some of their dignity at the door. It matters not to some (not all or even most but some) White Republicans if Herman Cain believes in every policy in which they believe...they wouldn't even dream of welcoming Herman Cain into their homes.

I wish that this was not so and if things were different within the Republican party (including who they use as their media mouthpieces) they actually would have a greater number of Blacks who vote Republican. There are many, many conservative minded Black Americans. The Sunday dinner table of many middle/upper class Black American families is a place of some of the most "conservative" viewpoints one could possibly hear.
What does that mean?

Old 09-29-2011, 01:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
All of this is BS! If Obama was white and Cain WAS black I still would not vote for him! He is a career businessman not a politician, meaning his focus is one thing NUMBERS! If he was a legit tea partier and tnot a teabagger I would have some respect for him....but since he is not well....
Is it more important to be a career politician that has never held an executive position or a businessman that understands how the system works? Obama sure didn't understand it when he decided to run for Pres.

NIta

Old 09-29-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Under that scenario - nothing changes. White people would still be racists - because it's all about who's the Democrat and Republican.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Mike Steele received @45% of the vote against Ben Cardin (whose turn it was to be Senator) in a state where Democrats outnumber Republicans by better than 2 to 1. Steele received less than 20% of the Black vote in that election.

In the Democratic primary that year Cardin defeated former NAACP Chair and Congressman Kweisi Mfume 43% to 40%.

Are saying that Cain would beat Mfume in a democratic district? NOT!!

Old 09-29-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Under that scenario - nothing changes. White people would still be racists - because it's all about who's the Democrat and Republican.
I never understood political loyalty, politicians act in their own best interest why should'nt the voters? I would vote for a republican or democrat depending on the issues and not just one either
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections