Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 08:06 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,655,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No one has even begun to campaign against Obama yet

How long do you think the "Blame Bush" will be accepted by the american consumer out of work?
I think American consumers out of work are going to be a particularly good voting bloc for Obama. The Republics have nothing to offer them, and once the campaigning gets going in full swing, they will see that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 08:06 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,378,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
west cobb is not being truthful. im not a dem or gop, im an independent, so im going to tell you guys straight.

this is the latest national poll released, its from usa today/gallup

USA Today/Gallup Poll. Sept. 15-18, 2011. N=889 registered voters nationwide. Margin of error ± 4.

"Suppose the election were being held today. If Barack Obama were the Democratic Party's candidate and [see below] were the Republican Party's candidate, who would you be more likely to vote for: Barack Obama, the Democrat or [see below], the Republican?" If unsure: "As of today, do you lean more toward Obama, the Democrat, or [see below], the Republican?" Options rotated

Obama 47 Romney 49 Neither 3 Unsure 1
Obama 50 Perry 45 Neither 3 Unsure 2

it proves me right about what i said before. obama and romney are a coin flip, and Obama would soundly defeat Perry.

WH2012: General
Plus, it sounds like Larry Flynt is working on an October (2011) surprise to torpedo Perry!

Old 09-24-2011, 08:15 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I think American consumers out of work are going to be a particularly good voting bloc for Obama. The Republics have nothing to offer them, and once the campaigning gets going in full swing, they will see that.
Thyats one of the funniest comments I've ever seen posted by you. And there have been lots and lots of them..

Obama spent a TRILLION ollars and the result was.. NO JOBS. And you think people out of work will thank Obama..

GET REAL!!

Old 09-24-2011, 08:41 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thyats one of the funniest comments I've ever seen posted by you. And there have been lots and lots of them..

Obama spent a TRILLION ollars and the result was.. NO JOBS. And you think people out of work will thank Obama..

GET REAL!!
no jobs correct. but were not losing jobs either anymore.

were just at break even.

now we have to turn that 0 into plus jobs.

if we get back to the negative again then obama is in big trouble.

its tough trying to have a sensible debate though with partisans like yourself though because your going to write in whoever the GOP tells you to write in anyways.

i prefer debating with people who are not chained to one specific party.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
not on your life. The ones who are out of work and are educated or bright in any way will not support Obama, the ones that are out of work, because they have no skills probably will not bother to vote period.

Nita

Old 09-25-2011, 06:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
no jobs correct. but were not losing jobs either anymore.

were just at break even.

now we have to turn that 0 into plus jobs.

if we get back to the negative again then obama is in big trouble.

its tough trying to have a sensible debate though with partisans like yourself though because your going to write in whoever the GOP tells you to write in anyways.

i prefer debating with people who are not chained to one specific party.
I'm sure those people who are unemployed will take comfort in the fact that we are just at break even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections