Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 07:39 PM

78,860 posts, read 46,945,775 times

Advertisements

Primary time is just around the corner.

Independents don't have a say, in who is the parties candidate.

Texas, like other states have a party affiliation in the primaries.

Only registered Democrats can vote for a Democrat in the primaries.

Only a registered Republican can vote for Ron Paul to make it out of the primaries.

If you don't make the commitment, we are going to get two of the same `ol globalist Progressives to choose from again and we will be at each others throats again.

Register Republican and make a difference this time!!

Ron Paul - 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 08:00 PM

888 posts, read 895,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Only a registered Republican can vote for Ron Paul to make it out of the primaries.

If you don't make the commitment, we are going to get two of the same `ol globalist Progressives to choose from again and we will be at each others throats again.

Ron Paul - 2012
Amen

Old 08-23-2011, 08:05 PM

865 posts, read 680,755 times
We already have more than enough commitments from registered republicans and the delegates to win my district, and I'm all ready for it myself. My neighboring districts have the votes as well.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:36 PM

37,871 posts, read 41,298,274 times
Quote:

:
Not true in my state. When we register to vote, we don't declare a political party. Registered voters in my state can vote in any primary they want to vote in as long as it is just one. I hate it. Since Obama will be running unopposed, I expect all of the registered Democrats in the state to vote for the GOP candidate they think Obama can beat. I don't know how many other states are like mine. It makes me sick.

The only thing that may prevent some of it from happening is if their Democrat Representative or Senator has a Democrat opponent running for those offices in 2012.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:55 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,680,148 times
We also have an open primary here in Indiana. If Dr. Paul is still alive in May, I'll ask for a Pub ballot and vote for him.

Good luck getting to May, though. The Pubs will never allow it.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:01 AM

67 posts, read 67,343 times
Ron Paul for President!

Be part of the revolution! Save America for your kids! Vote Ron Paul!

Old 08-24-2011, 07:08 PM

8,181 posts, read 9,276,356 times
Quote:

Ron Paul - 2012
I guess I will have to plug my nose and reg as a republican. Blah.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:15 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,266,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Not true in my state. When we register to vote, we don't declare a political party. Registered voters in my state can vote in any primary they want to vote in as long as it is just one. I hate it. Since Obama will be running unopposed, I expect all of the registered Democrats in the state to vote for the GOP candidate they think Obama can beat. I don't know how many other states are like mine. It makes me sick.

The only thing that may prevent some of it from happening is if their Democrat Representative or Senator has a Democrat opponent running for those offices in 2012.
That's my experience in Texas as well. There's is no party affiliation unless one wants to join that party. But voter registration does NOT record that information and a voter can vote in any primary he/she chooses. Well, Republican or Democrat... Libertarians hold a convention for nomination of candidates for all elected positions, local/state/federal.

However, when voting in that primary, the registrant should stamp the registration card that the voter has voted in the Democrat - or - Republican primary. Thus, if a run off ensues, the voter can vote only in the same party as the initial primary vote. I have seen that registrant fail to stamp that registration card. If the voter did not vote in the initial primary then he/she can vote in either party run off.

I've often voted in one party's primary, only to vote for the candidate of the opposition party in the general election.

I have NEVER registered ANY party affiliation. I have contributed to an election campaign ONLY ONCE, and that was for a Libertarian.

Last edited by Willsson; 08-25-2011 at 11:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections