Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:03 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Originally Posted by LauraC
I just read a post in another forum that said at one time Ron Paul endorsed both Ralph Nader and Cynthia McKinney. I'm more concerned about McKinney. Is it true?

What do you mean "endorsed"? Last time after Ron Pau lost the Republican nomination hel held a debate so that all the third party candidates that wanted to could debate each other and Nader, McKinney and Baldwin were there. Barr didn't show up for some stupid reason.
I'm not sure what they person was talking about. Maybe he said he would support them over any of the mainstream candidates.
After Ron Paul dropped out in 2008 he said to consider endorsing independents since they agreed on 4 points.
foreign policy
the debt
privacy issues
federal reserve

"Foreign Policy: The Iraq War must end as quickly as possible with removal of all our soldiers from the region. We must initiate the return of our soldiers from around the world, including Korea, Japan, Europe and the entire Middle East. We must cease the war propaganda, threats of a blockade and plans for attacks on Iran, nor should we re-ignite the cold war with Russia over Georgia. We must be willing to talk to all countries and offer friendship and trade and travel to all who are willing. We must take off the table the threat of a nuclear first strike against all nations.

Privacy: We must protect the privacy and civil liberties of all persons under US jurisdiction. We must repeal or radically change the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the FISA legislation. We must reject the notion and practice of torture, eliminations of habeas corpus, secret tribunals, and secret prisons. We must deny immunity for corporations that spy willingly on the people for the benefit of the government. We must reject the unitary presidency, the illegal use of signing statements and excessive use of executive orders.

The National Debt: We believe that there should be no increase in the national debt. The burden of debt placed on the next generation is unjust and already threatening our economy and the value of our dollar. We must pay our bills as we go along and not unfairly place this burden on a future generation.

The Federal Reserve: We seek a thorough investigation, evaluation and audit of the Federal Reserve System and its cozy relationships with the banking, corporate, and other financial institutions. The arbitrary power to create money and credit out of thin air behind closed doors for the benefit of commercial interests must be ended. There should be no taxpayer bailouts of corporations and no corporate subsidies. Corporations should be aggressively prosecuted for their crimes and frauds."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 09:10 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,968,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
Did you see this poll from Fox last night?
Iowa GOP Debate - [domain blocked due to spam]
Thank you for bringing that to our attention. Very cool! Voting is still open too.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:21 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,470,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
emily, she didn't say the last campaign, she said one time. I have no idea where this came from but I hope it isn't true.

Nita
Why? Cynthia McKinney sounds like she;d be 100,000 times better than our current president and that goes for all of the other third party candidates(they'd al be a lot better than Obama too). What don't you like about her? Her footage starts at about 16.30 on the clip below.

Last edited by emilybh; 08-12-2011 at 10:45 PM..

Old 08-12-2011, 10:33 PM

Default Third Party Press conference hosted by Ron Paul last election

Ron Paul Hosts Third Party Press Conference - YouTube

Ron Paul got all the parties to agree on certain principles. I think considering all of them agreed to these principles, they all would have been FAR better than Obama or any status quo president.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:36 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,968,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrunner View Post
Ron Paul kick butt last night!!! Ron Paul for President!
Really?

I hate to break it to you but what I saw was milk past the expiration date. Also, if you didn't have a visual on Ron Paul during the Iran blathering, you'd think you were listening to Dennis Kucinich.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You clearly have no understanding of medical professional liability. Lawsuits are based on doctors not following the "standard of care". The standard of care is not telling patients that they should seek an opinion from a Naturopath.
The "standard of care" was obviously HIGHLY INFLUENCED by the AMA if no other developed countries have the same "standard of care". Their quality of care overall is clearly FAR SUPERIOR to ours as evidenced by the fraction of money per capita they spend on medical care that results in a FAR HEALTHIER population. We on the other hand, force allopathic care down the throats of amaercians because that is our "standard of care" and end up RIPPING OFF Americans and leaving them less healthy than they might have been had they lived elsewhere where the "standard of care" included ALL MODES of care not just conventional western --which is CLEARLY the LEAST EFFECTIVE and MOST INVASIVE and MOST EXPENSIVE when it comes to eliminating chronic and degenerative diseases.

What good is the medical profession if the main goal is to gouge the person's health insurance and run a battery of tests just to avoid a potential law suit ? Shouldn't the goal be to help the patient in the most effective least invasive and least expensive mode available. If that means suggesting the patient sees a naturopath with a 30 year track record of eliminating the patient's disease with natural methods, how in the world is giving the patient advice that can make him well quicker or less money going to exopse the medical doctor, who is UNTRAINED to provide the same care, to a lawsuit?

Old 08-13-2011, 01:35 AM

313 posts, read 834,595 times
Quote:
This should just be reasonable to expect --not utopia--considering that we've been told what a "great" country we've always had.

As far as the medical establishment goes, other countries have been a lot more honest with their people about food safety/quality and health care going WAY back.

For decades, other countries would not irradiate foods, when it was done over here. In fact the irradiation testing, if you read in the book, THE FOOD THAT WOULD LAST FOREVER, where there was an Indian study where Indian children were fed bread made from highly irradiated wheat where a huge percentage of them quickly developed cancer was made available to all developed and BRIC nations. As a result of that study ALL NATIONS EXCEPT the USA REJECTED IRRADIATION for food . For decades the beef quality standards in Europe were FAR HIGHER than ours. At minimum we deserve what they have which would just be to thrown in a lot more HONESTY. You might call it HONEST representation of the products. Let us KNOW that it has irradiated ingredients. Let us KNOW it has GMOs so we can AT LEAST make an educated decision about what food to buy.

This country, probably since the establishment of the AMA and the FDA has been corrupt. They've had to lie and cover up to sell the products.They've told us irradiation was"safe". Of course their definition of safe was that you wouldn't keel over and die after eating one or two articles of food with ingredients that might have been irradiated. That was their safety standard. They didn't care if years from now you developed all sorts of health issues

Initially your buying the irradiated food would help BIG FOOD and BIG AGRA be more profitable (otherwise they might have to clean up their factories and make sure they passed board of health standards, which only smaller operations were subject to, which would cost a lot more than simply nuking the food).

Then years later when you developed all sorts of chronic problems it would help BIG MEDICA and BIG PHARMA. As a support group for these industries, wouldn't the FDA be CRAZY not to lie to us and tell us that IRRADIATION OF FOOD was safe?

If the FDA was a consumer protection group like so many wrongly think they are, they'd have done what the other countries did. They'd have protected the people NOT the corporations first and foremost.
We can't expect to have honesty in the FDA when they are run by people that that have an interest in the companies they are supposed to be regulating. Monsanto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Monsanto is just one example. The corruption is unbelievable!

Quote:
No I didn't and I nearly missed your post. Wow. People thought Ron Paul won the debate by a longshot. Maybe they had that info right at the end of the debates and decided not to include Paul in the post debate interviews. Geeze. Why does this country have to be SO DISHONEST about SO MUCH????
The poll was on Fox's website at the end of the debate. They mentioned going to their site to vote in their online poll when they were closing out the debate. We were watching the results for a couple hours after the debate ended and almost all the states were green for Ron Paul. I went back to their homepage and that poll was gone and replaced with a simple "who won the debate" poll. The map one was so much better with the comments and identifying where you were from. By the end of the night all the states were green except for UT but by early afternoon today it too had turned green.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
We can't expect to have honesty in the FDA when they are run by people that that have an interest in the companies they are supposed to be regulating. Monsanto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Monsanto is just one example. The corruption is unbelievable!

The poll was on Fox's website at the end of the debate. They mentioned going to their site to vote in their online poll when they were closing out the debate. We were watching the results for a couple hours after the debate ended and almost all the states were green for Ron Paul. I went back to their homepage and that poll was gone and replaced with a simple "who won the debate" poll. The map one was so much better with the comments and identifying where you were from. By the end of the night all the states were green except for UT but by early afternoon today it too had turned green.
I know. They will have to restructure the whole thing or get rid of it altogether and start over . The way the FDA works now as far as I'm concerned does little to no good for the average American. Lots of people think that the FDA does testing on new products before they are approved when this isn't the case at all. The company itself hires a lab and provides the results to the FDA and with each new product there is a $250,000 application fee (I know it is that much for drugs being approved). It is SUCH a racket. It is like a gift to the government for their silly approval.

Needless to say no drug company is going to present results from studies that don't show a product is safe.

Regarding the poll, that is great! I wonder how the media will change the way they couch who the "front-runners" are tomorrow in the Sunday Papers and thereafter if Ron Paul wins the Straw Poll this afternoon (and I would suspect tampering with the votes if anyone else won).

Old 08-13-2011, 07:21 AM

67 posts, read 67,017 times
And that's your opinion, not mine.

Ron Paul for President...get used to it! It's going to happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Really?

I hate to break it to you but what I saw was milk past the expiration date. Also, if you didn't have a visual on Ron Paul during the Iran blathering, you'd think you were listening to Dennis Kucinich.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:01 AM

Here's an "LA Times" article that points out how silly it is that the media ignores Ron Paul when he has in fact defined the issues for the race. Did Ron Paul win the GOP debate in Ames? - latimes.com

There were 240 comments afterwards including some who called themselves liberal Democrats who would be voting for Ron Paul. Some criticized the article (that didn't understand that it was a sarcastic article and intentionally so).
Pretty impressive to draw that many comments and have 98% be pro-Ron Paul people.

Also one of the comments said that Fox News took the debate results down from the website as they must have thought showing that Ron Paul won it by a landslide would be at cross purposes with their "agenda" to get a status quo "puppet" elected and all the status quo puppets did so poorly.

It is true about them taking the results down. I checked it Friday morning and found it and by Friday afternoon, it was gone.

Last edited by emilybh; 08-13-2011 at 08:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections