Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 06:57 AM

31,312 posts, read 20,887,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Do people really think he could end public education, the federal reserve, and big government? Are people this naive? There is no way 95% of what Ron Paul says would ever happen.
Ron Paul's philosophy is not consistent with the Tea Party, or the rim job Democrats, or the Republicans.

Ron is a Libertarian, quite different from the Tea Party.

And yes, we all know most of his goals would never be achieved. There are too many Americans who love the Big Government nanny state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 06:59 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,947,386 times
As many of the things happening in our country are a result of executive overreach, yes, I do think Ron Paul could get the majority of the things he wanted. Starting with pulling our troops out of foreign countries.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:08 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,396,708 times
One of the ways that Paul could accomplish a great deal is executive orders. I do not know if EO is constitutional it is sort of a grey area but lets say that it is for the sake of my post. Of all the EO's signed by the POTUS there have been only two that were court challenged.

So Paul could tell congress that he wants a bill to phase out the dept of education with in 2 years and if they do not he will do it himself. If the deadline passed he could EO the dept of education out of existence with a stroke of a pen. How would it be challenged ? supporters would have a hard time defending the dept on constitutional grounds.

I do not know Paul's veiws on EO or if he would do this, but he could strike a bunch of things that are unconstitutional and really shrink gvt.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:16 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,063,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
Tea Bagger: Palin, Bachmann, Beck, etc.
Tea Party: Ron Paul
Thank you.

But, I don't like the Tea bagger term. Just call
them teajackers

Old 06-21-2011, 07:23 AM

78,860 posts, read 46,970,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Except the TEA Party movement didn't come into being until AFTER the 2008 elections.

Boy are you misinformed.

The Tea Party, is the original Grass Roots organization of Ron Paul supporters, going back to the very first time he ran as a Presidential candidate.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:25 AM

4,302 posts, read 4,439,661 times
No president gets what he wants. But, at least we would have someone that would try to do what is best for this country and abide in the constitution. That cannot be said for any president in a long time.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:28 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,956,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Boy are you misinformed.

The Tea Party, is the original Grass Roots organization of Ron Paul supporters, going back to the very first time he ran as a Presidential candidate.
Then no-one is talking about them...

The current(and relevant to this thread) TEA Party came about AFTER the 2008 elections.

Ron Paul's 2008 campaign was the Ron Paul REVOLution which I am proud to say I supported.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:32 AM

4,302 posts, read 4,439,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Then no-one is talking about them...

The current(and relevant to this thread) TEA Party came about AFTER the 2008 elections.

Ron Paul's 2008 campaign was the Ron Paul REVOLution which I am proud to say I supported.
To be more precise, the anger that transformed the Tea Party into it's (somewhat) present form started just before the actual election. When it was made clear that both the Republican candidate (McCain) and the Democratic one (Obama) were both for bail-outs - that lit the fire. Due to this occurring just about 1 month before the election, there was no time for it gel until after the election. So, I think it is incorrect to say that the Tea Party started as a result of the election, but rather as a result of the pro-bail-out positions of the candidates running for POTUS.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:33 AM

78,860 posts, read 46,970,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Ron Paul's philosophy is not consistent with the Tea Party, or the rim job Democrats, or the Republicans.

Ron is a Libertarian, quite different from the Tea Party.

And yes, we all know most of his goals would never be achieved. There are too many Americans who love the Big Government nanny state.

No he is not! He is an American. A Constitutionalist.

He has nothing in common with Joe Liberman, a middle of the road Libertarian, that votes with the Progressives 85% of the time.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:33 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,396,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Boy are you misinformed.

Back in 2007 before the tea party was even a twinkle in the eye of the likes of Palin/Beck/etc that Nov was a huge protest at Federal Reserve buildings. That event drew thousands in cities all over the country. They had one in Cleveland that I missed due to UE and lack of funds at the time. That event drew a couple hundred and they passed out a lot of info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections