Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 10:29 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Then why is Trump trailing Obama by 18??
He has not announced he is even running.

Who did the poll and how many people were suckered into voting? Must be a loon only poll done by the crybaby Larry Odonull.

At this point Obama is tanking and looks like a fool so how in the world could he beat anyone at this point?

I dont think he could beat any of 8-10 GOP candidates myself with his horrific track record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 10:30 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
I'd argue he's the best thing for Obama right now. This type of talk will not lure in Indy voters and that's who decides elections.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:50 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
He has not announced he is even running.

Who did the poll and how many people were suckered into voting? Must be a loon only poll done by the crybaby Larry Odonull.

At this point Obama is tanking and looks like a fool so how in the world could he beat anyone at this point?

I dont think he could beat any of 8-10 GOP candidates myself with his horrific track record.

I posted it earlier in the thread, here it is again.

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...Poll_Obama.pdf

Oh and BTW if you haven't noticed its a Fox News poll.....

And also in virtually every single national poll, no matter who he is matched up against Obama leads....

Old 04-11-2011, 10:52 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I'd argue he's the best thing for Obama right now. This type of talk will not lure in Indy voters and that's who decides elections.

You are dead wrong.

Indys want balanced budgets and no more piling on the the debt. Both Obama had failed at miserably.

Remember the debate when Obama stated that he would run this country on a budget because American household do it and so should Washington?

What happened to that promise?

Old 04-11-2011, 10:55 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Its too early to be able to trust polls. At this time in 2007 few people had heard of Obama and at this time in 1979 people expected Carter to win re-election easily in 1980. Only after the first few primaries happen next year can we begin to get a clear picture of who the nominee might be, and even then we will have to wait until Labor Day before getting reliable polls for the general election.

Trump clearly has the Democrats scared and thats why they are trying to hard to dismiss him.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:01 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Its too early to be able to trust polls. At this time in 2007 few people had heard of Obama and at this time in 1979 people expected Carter to win re-election easily in 1980. Only after the first few primaries happen next year can we begin to get a clear picture of who the nominee might be, and even then we will have to wait until Labor Day before getting reliable polls for the general election.

Trump clearly has the Democrats scared and thats why they are trying to hard to dismiss him.
Obviously things get much more accurate as you get closer to the Election, and Labor Day is generally the time where polls tend to get viewed much closer. However, in the case of Trump its not like we are talking about someone with little recognition, and his poll numbers are just absolutely awful.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:15 PM

515 posts, read 368,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Come on down to Florida and see how well a "business minded person" is working out as Governor.
Yeah, he'll eliminate corporate taxes in Florida, now some companies wants to relocate in this state.I can see a big rebound of Florida's economy in 2012
Good work Rick Scott And Rick Snyder in Michigan, small businesses are really excited about his plan and want to create THOUSANDS of new jobs in the future now
If Trump does the same thing for the nation we'll be saved economically

Old 04-12-2011, 06:52 AM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
Yeah, he'll eliminate corporate taxes in Florida, now some companies wants to relocate in this state.I can see a big rebound of Florida's economy in 2012
Good work Rick Scott And Rick Snyder in Michigan, small businesses are really excited about his plan and want to create THOUSANDS of new jobs in the future now
If Trump does the same thing for the nation we'll be saved economically
It all sounds so easy, doesn't it? Just do away with corporate taxes and everything will be fine. Let's revisit this a year from now and see how well Florida is progressing under Rick Scott.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:02 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Based on what?

All that The Donald has expressed is that he (1) Loves Money (2) Hates Monogamy (3) Loves running away from fiscal responsibilty....multiple bankruptcies (4) He is a lunatic (ie he's a "Birther" and thinks that Sarah Palin is smart)

Enough said
you are still comparing him to obama, a man who

devalued our currency

allowed the banksters to keep their gigantic unearned bonuses

walks away from responsibility, often by leaving the country or vacationing(remember the oil spill disaster)-he didn't want to deal with BP because he "knew what they were going to say". WTH?

engages in endless war/skirmish actions with no end in sight (see antiwar.com)

encourages illegal immigration when we have an oversupply of labor in this country

waffles on almost every issue (the most recent being that he is sorry that he voted against raising the debt ceiling!)

increased the war funding budget

taxed tanning bed use

presides over a gigantic increase in oil speculation and oil price increases, hurting virtually all citizens financially.

as far as the birth certificate thing, you have to admit that obama's "proof" looks nothing like an actual birth certificate issue, (see nordyke twins) although, once elected, i don't see where it matters --except to make him ineligible to run again.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:41 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Nope, the worse nightmare is already in the WH and he will be gone soon.

The biggest mistake in American political history was the election of Obama and his thugs.

Then again, he is also a gift at the same time because people have awaken to just how liberalism is a bad thing for America and they voted to start getting rid of liberals in the November election.

Trump is playing Obomber like a charm and is owning him and his followers.
Exactly!! I tried to rep you, but have to spread more around first.

I love how Trump is not afraid to call Obummer out and he will go after him without being afraid to back down. That is what we need! No matter how far Trump makes it in any bid for election, he has already started to get tough on exposing Obummer and that just paves the way to get rid of the leftie thugs whom have been in charge.

Change is coming.....finally from the 'right' direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections