Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 05:25 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,395,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Yes, he does treat his employees well, and this alone would set a very good example to all those employers out there who don't. Obama fooled the minorities, welfare mothers, illegal immigrants, young "wet-behind-the-ears" first time voters, liberals and lazy lay-abouts with promises of freebies and an easy ride on the system. Donald won't play that game. He truly is a man for ALL people, whther they be rich, poor, middle class, black, white, brown, etc...as long as they are Americans.

Maybe if he runs and gets elected he'll also make it a crime to fly a foreign country's flag from one's home, business or vehicle.
Wanna bet that if Republicans take that approach towards dealing young people they will loose them big again in 2012. Now I have not decided if I will vote for Trump should he win the 2012 nomination, but I guerantee you taking that approach towards young voters will not do you any favors in convincing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 05:41 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,381 times
When I first heard of Trump considering a run, I immediately likened it to the time Pamela Anderson decided to run for Governor of California. We'll see about his policies, but if it ends up being Trump versus Obama, I'll be voting for Trump.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:45 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Wanna bet that if Republicans take that approach towards dealing young people they will loose them big again in 2012. Now I have not decided if I will vote for Trump should he win the 2012 nomination, but I guerantee you taking that approach towards young voters will not do you any favors in convincing them.
maybe that post could have been worded slightly differently, but you must admit that some students seem to be sucking up all the obama praise-"the young are our future, blah, blah, we love the young, blah, blah" at the SAME TIME that he is handing them an unsustainable debt load.

either the students don't seem to understand what that means or they haven't noticed that he is screwing them over.

not to mention that the leaders keep pushing education but education has been taken over by the government and education debt is NOT dischargeable in bankruptcy.

not saying that they have to vote for trump, but they should be voting for ANYONE different than obama because i don't know how much worse you can get than saddling the younger people with this increasing debt load.

if we keep on this path, the young are going to have a remarkably different life than their parents-not in a good way.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:57 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,487,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matterofopinion View Post
I'm with you pll, although I think I would vote for him. Personally speaking, I think he's a windbag and a bit full of himself, but when did that ever enter into politics? They're all windbags and full of themselves, including BHO.

Trump -- I gotta tell ya -- calls it like it is. I also like that he speaks with strength and authority and you can bet he wouldn't be a wishy-washy president. I do find myself watching him more and more during interviews and nodding my head in agreement. Listen to him -- tax China -- you bet. Why isn't South Korea paying us for our military support? - yeah, why not? Is China stealing our jobs and looking to overtake our economy? -- you better believe it. Are they a future enemy? - only a fool could not see the writing on the wall. OPEC, other hot topics, etc... Trump calls it like he sees it and doesn't bow to political correctness.

I'm not so sure whether his rumblings about a potential run are serious or not. He can have a PT Barnum-ish quality about him at times and it's no secret he loves publicity; however I also believe he is genuine in his love for this country, his disgust about what is happening to our once-great nation, his belief that we are being taken advantage of by so many other nations and have become a laughingstock, and are no longer respected in the world's eyes.

Love him or hate him, Trump is formidable. Should he run, he'll become "Reagan-esque" and the country is so desperately hungry for that after this current clown. Detractors and pooh-pooher's should keep an eye on him.
I agree. We need a true leader such as Reagan.

In trying to get more info about his policies, I came across this 19 minute radio interview with Michael Savage (love Savage or hate him it's still an interesting interview with Donald Trump).

YouTube - Michael Savage Interviews Donald Trump on April 1, 2011 (Very Encouraged to Run for President)

Old 04-10-2011, 06:00 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
It would be hard to make that decision right now.

You do not know who else is running.

We need a REAL leader and that is what he is. He takes no crap from anyone and would be a perfect fit to get the economy going, help us track down and deport illegals, close our Mexcian border and force countries who use our military to pay for it.

At this time I would need to know his stance on our military and the defense of our, illegals getting a free pass, taxes etc.

A perfect team would be Newt and Trump, both leaders and both kick butt smart people who would get this country going and defend our nation, its borders, culture and language.

Way to early to commit to anyone but if I had to commit to anyone today it would be Newt because I know where he stands on all the issues.

Liberals are scared of Trump because he surrounds himself with smart successful people and could use that leverage against Obama because we all know Obama surrounds himself with criminal anti America non successful types.

I believe Trump has a lot of things going for him and would eat Obama alive in a debate as well as Newt who would totally destroy Obama in a debate.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:03 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,487,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
When I first heard of Trump considering a run, I immediately likened it to the time Pamela Anderson decided to run for Governor of California. We'll see about his policies, but if it ends up being Trump versus Obama, I'll be voting for Trump.
I remember when Ronald Reagan ran in the 80's I thought it was crazy that a former actor would even consider running for President. He turned out to be one of our greatest presidents.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:08 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,626,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Newsmax - Donald Trump for President — Would You Vote for Him? (http://www.newsmax.com/surveys/DonaldTrump/Donald-Trump-for-President-/id/11/kw/default?PROMO_CODE=BF2B-1&gclid=CIrOjO6ajagCFeoZQgodw36WCQ - broken link)

I would vote for Donald Trump based on his opinions about illegal immigration alone.
If he was to find a way to solve the money crisis and bring back more jobs, maybe.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:31 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,395,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
maybe that post could have been worded slightly differently, but you must admit that some students seem to be sucking up all the obama praise-"the young are our future, blah, blah, we love the young, blah, blah" at the SAME TIME that he is handing them an unsustainable debt load.

either the students don't seem to understand what that means or they haven't noticed that he is screwing them over.

not to mention that the leaders keep pushing education but education has been taken over by the government and education debt is NOT dischargeable in bankruptcy.

not saying that they have to vote for trump, but they should be voting for ANYONE different than obama because i don't know how much worse you can get than saddling the younger people with this increasing debt load.

if we keep on this path, the young are going to have a remarkably different life than their parents-not in a good way.
I don't think it is students. Americans generally don't care about deficits, this was proven as far back as the Reagan administration and it has been shown time and again since before most of today's students were twinkles in their father's eye. Furthermore after the Bush tax cuts and Republican control from 2002-2006 I have serious doubts either party will care about deficits. The Republicans pushed for a 900Bn extention of the Bush tax cuts, and proposed cutting only a mere $61bn from minor programs that they are opposed to on ideological grounds and would want to eliminate even if they brought in revenue. This should be apparent as the planned parenthood rider was coupled with a spending provision to provide federally funded ultrasound machines to anti-abortion pregnancy crisis centers.

As to educational debt, that is a choice. I don't think you can blame Obama or anyone else for individual people taking on educational debt anymore then you can blame Bush for people getting mortgages in the early 2000s. I think educational debt should be dischargable in bankruptcy, but bankruptcy laws were changed in 2005 when before democrats gained power so I do not think it is fair to blame them exclusively for that.

As to how I vote, I base my vote on a wide range of issues and have to say I have a positive view of Obama overall. That doesn't mean I will vote for him if someone better runs, but I am not scorch and burn against him.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 04-10-2011 at 06:41 PM..

Old 04-10-2011, 06:35 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,200,867 times
One thing I can say for Donald Trump.....he loves his country. He didn't just pop up out of nowhere and say it, he has proved it through the years. He doesn't need the fame. He doesn't need the money. And he doesn't need the power. It has been a long time since we've had a president without any motive but just wanting to be good at his job because he loves America.

He's a brilliant man. I would support him in a heart beat.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
I remember when Ronald Reagan ran in the 80's I thought it was crazy that a former actor would even consider running for President. He turned out to be one of our greatest presidents.
By the time he ran for Pres I didn't think that way, I knew we would be in good shape if he won, but when he ran for governor of Ca I felt that way. I can remember my husband saying when Reagan spoke for Goldwater, there is the next governor of our state, I thought he was high on something and he didn't even smoke. As 1966 grew nearer I realized "Holy Cow" we might have an actor as our governor. The rest is history.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections