Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:08 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times

Advertisements

i am with him 100% on foreign policy.

i certainly liked his handling of meredith viera (shown on market ticker), and he certainly knows how to say the right things, but i would like his position defined on wall street.

i was a little disappointed with some of the men who just wanted to be on board for the hottest first lady ever.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 09:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
I don't know if he'd have the respect of "the people". I do think we need a strong leader right now.
you are right, we need a strong leader, but I don' think we have one now and with Trump being so outspoken, what you see is what you get, maybe he would be the right choice. That being said, it isn't going to happen anyway.

Nita

Old 04-09-2011, 09:10 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,682,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Newsmax - Donald Trump for President — Would You Vote for Him? (http://www.newsmax.com/surveys/DonaldTrump/Donald-Trump-for-President-/id/11/kw/default?PROMO_CODE=BF2B-1&gclid=CIrOjO6ajagCFeoZQgodw36WCQ - broken link)

I would vote for Donald Trump based on his opinions about illegal immigration alone.
Same here.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:11 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,682,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am with him 100% on foreign policy.

i certainly liked his handling of meredith viera
I watched them on NBC...she clearly did not try to hide the fact that she is a liberal.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:12 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,410,209 times
Vs Obama?

In a heartbeat.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:45 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,488,561 times
I like the fact that Trump is also questioning Obama's lack of transparency in regards to his birth certificate and has sent his own investigators to Hawaii to have a look. Sorry, but this is a real sore point with me since every one of us is also required to show documentation as proof of who we are and where we were born. Obama should be held to the same scrutiny. As a genealogist and researcher for 29 years I am well aware of the many ways someone can make it APPEAR that they were born somewhere when they weren't.

I fully agree with Trump's assessment that we need to line the borders with military force.

Trump is a business man so I believe he will encourage new business, innovation and jobs for unemployed Americans.

He's a straight-shooter and even says openly..."Unless we get the oil I don't want to be dealing with Libya." How much more honest can he be?

When it comes down to it I think party lines and affiliations need to come second when it comes to picking the strongest contender to get Obama OUT!

Old 04-10-2011, 11:57 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,827,549 times
Yes I would. The more he talks the more I like him. The best thing about him is that he is outspoken...he has no fear of the liberal media. He would run a very aggressive campaign against Obama. This is very important. If the GOP elects a meek, polite candidate it will very much work in Obama's favor.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:12 PM

102 posts, read 170,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
Not sure yet. He has a huge ego and that could be a problem. He speaks with strength and authority which is a nice change. I need to know more about his policies.
I'm with you pll, although I think I would vote for him. Personally speaking, I think he's a windbag and a bit full of himself, but when did that ever enter into politics? They're all windbags and full of themselves, including BHO.

Trump -- I gotta tell ya -- calls it like it is. I also like that he speaks with strength and authority and you can bet he wouldn't be a wishy-washy president. I do find myself watching him more and more during interviews and nodding my head in agreement. Listen to him -- tax China -- you bet. Why isn't South Korea paying us for our military support? - yeah, why not? Is China stealing our jobs and looking to overtake our economy? -- you better believe it. Are they a future enemy? - only a fool could not see the writing on the wall. OPEC, other hot topics, etc... Trump calls it like he sees it and doesn't bow to political correctness.

I'm not so sure whether his rumblings about a potential run are serious or not. He can have a PT Barnum-ish quality about him at times and it's no secret he loves publicity; however I also believe he is genuine in his love for this country, his disgust about what is happening to our once-great nation, his belief that we are being taken advantage of by so many other nations and have become a laughingstock, and are no longer respected in the world's eyes.

Love him or hate him, Trump is formidable. Should he run, he'll become "Reagan-esque" and the country is so desperately hungry for that after this current clown. Detractors and pooh-pooher's should keep an eye on him.

Last edited by Matterofopinion; 04-10-2011 at 01:38 PM..

Old 04-10-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Yes I would. The more he talks the more I like him. The best thing about him is that he is outspoken...he has no fear of the liberal media. He would run a very aggressive campaign against Obama. This is very important. If the GOP elects a meek, polite candidate it will very much work in Obama's favor.
Yes, well said Jay, and I agree. The more he talks the more I like him too for the presidency. You can bet he would run an aggressive campaign against Obama (amen!) and I love the fact that he has zero fear when it comes to the liberal media morons (double-amen). I think we'll start to see all of this come together.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:24 PM

[quote=Cyanna;18666077]I like the fact that Trump is also questioning Obama's lack of transparency in regards to his birth certificate and has sent his own investigators to Hawaii to have a look.

I do too...I love it actually. "People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing." Period.

He's a straight-shooter and even says openly..."Unless we get the oil I don't want to be dealing with Libya." How much more honest can he be?

Bingo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections