Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Democrats - If Hillary runs in 2012 would you vote for Obama or Hillary?
Obama 21 51.22%
Hillary 20 48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 04:25 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
An inexperience amatuer vs a glorified housewife.
So as a repub you believe women should be housewife's and nothing more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 12:29 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
In retrospect I think Hillary would've been a better president than Obama, just because she's tougher and had management experience running a law firm. Not to mention what she learned from her husband. Ideologically, I don't think there would've been any difference, but she would've been more competent and able to get things done.

However, she's definitely not running. If there is any challenge to Obama at all in the primaries it will come from the left wing of the party.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:06 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Barry is already TRAILING any "unnamed GOP candidate" in most states. The social experiment is over!
LOL.
ONE poll (out of 8) in the last 6 months gave a result of +1 to "unnamed GOP candidate" while the 2 previous polls gave results of "+5" and "+10" to Obama. Aside from that ONE single "+1" to the GOP - they've gotten nothing better than a couple of ties in the last 6 months.

And, as soon as you put a name to that "unnamed GOP candidate" the polls results swing WAY towards Obama (in other words NO ONE seems to like ANY of the GOP candidates).

Obama vs Huckabee: Obama +5.0
Obama vs Romney: Obama +4.7
Obama vs Palin: Obama +16.3
Obama vs Gingrich: Obama +14.6
Obama vs Paul: Obama +9.0
Obama vs Pawlenty: Obama +15.5
Obama vs Daniels: Obama +10.7
Obama vs Barbour: Obama +17
Obama vs Huntsman: Obama +10

So, as long as the GOP doesn't RUN anyone against Obama, they kind'a sort'a have a chance. As soon as they actually choose someone, they're in the toilet.

LOL

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

Ken

Old 04-05-2011, 02:08 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Poll Question for Democrats - If Hillary runs in 2012 would you vote for Obama or Hillary?
NOT going to happen.
Hillary is not interesting in running.
Pointless poll.

Ken

Old 04-05-2011, 07:37 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Barry is already TRAILING any "unnamed GOP candidate" in most states. The social experiment is over!
Unamed candidates don't run in elections. Every Republican candidate that has expressed in interest in running for President in 2012 comes with their own liabilities. They are either too moderate for the Republican base or too socially conservative for the rest of America.

Four more years with President Obama!

Old 04-05-2011, 08:45 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,934 times
I don't vote in any poll unless it has "bacon" or "other" as an option.

Quote:
So, as long as the GOP doesn't RUN anyone against Obama, they kind'a sort'a have a chance. As soon as they actually choose someone, they're in the toilet.
Let's be fair - if we were doing that with polls in March and April 2007, we would be trying to figure out how the general election campaign of Giuliani v. Clinton would work out. And only Pawlenty has even formed an exploratory committee (though Romney never stopped running after he dropped out in '08).

Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default What a ridiculous inquiry

Hilary is NOT running.

Boy, you sinking Pubs sure are desperate. You can't beat this president and you can't take the sting out of your impending doom by imagining ridiculous scenarios like this.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:21 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
I voted for Hillary in the primary. I was much more comfortable with her fighting spirit than Obama's, among other things. I voted for Obama enthusiastically in the general, however, and by then I was better acquainted with him as a candidate.

Were Hillary to run as a challenger to Obama, I would be very unhappy about it and I would vote for Obama. For one thing, a strong Hillary challenge would more likely than not result in a GOP win in the general. As mentioned by others, the policy differences between Hillary and Obama are not significant, whereas what we'd get with a Republican president would be drastically different.

Obama 2012.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:26 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
I'm not a Democrat but I think they're the same person. I know Ms Clinton loved Saul Alinsky.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:25 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
An inexperience amatuer vs a glorified housewife.
A woman who graduated from Wellesley college and serves as Defense Secy is scarcely a glorified housewife. Or do you have a problem with any woman in office?. How gallant you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections