Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 08:09 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,468,412 times

Advertisements

I guess they figure they must as well go with the for sure winner..as Palidino looks like he's headed for a beat down of epic proportions.

Post endorses Andrew Cuomo for governor--Editorial - NYPOST.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 08:12 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,358,656 times
As much as I detest Cuomo I easily admit that Paladino is unfit, by virtue of temperament, for public office.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:31 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,443,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
As much as I detest Cuomo I easily admit that Paladino is unfit, by virtue of temperament, for public office.
I agree, I don't think the endorsement is any surprise. Cuomo is certainly better qualified, or certainly more suited for the job. i don't think the endorsement had anything to do with going for a "sure winner".

Nita

Old 10-18-2010, 08:33 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,391,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I don't buy the unfit, unqualified, unstable argument. That was the template created by the Democrats and their supporters in the MSM and I'm amazed so many NY'ers unthinkingly bit on that hook.

However, running a sucessful business is very different from running Albany, which is probably second only to Sacramento in dysfunctionality. Paladino likes a good scrum, but if you pick a fight with the NY Assembly you need spotless relations with the media to garner sympathy for your position from those vultures, and IMO NY'ers under Paladino are going to have four years of gridlock because the MSM hates Paladino.

Gridlock isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially when times are good and the government keeps trying to pick our pocket, but NY is a mess and needs a governor who can be an evil s.o.b. like Cuomo but still get the approval of the MSM. I reluctantly understand the Post's position.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:31 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,515,177 times
Can you please explain to me what the MSM is? People on the right end of political ideology throw those words around to describe media outlets in general which don't agree with their ideas of whatever the subject is. Is that the definition?

I've seen many of the ring-wingers in this forum, trash the 'MSM' relentlessly, then turn around and quote it as gospel when it suits their purpose. IMO ~ I am curious what you think the MSM is. Does that include the internet, Twitter, Fox News, and Republican-owned media outlets?

When Cuomo was governor didn't the MSM (or what I believe it is) in NY constantly attack him? As I remember, he was nobody's darling when he was governor. But now they love him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections