Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 01:57 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,219,784 times

Advertisements

Michael Jordan's son, Marcus, will play at Central Florida - SI.com - March Madness 2009

if hes as good as his dad once was [ i doubt it], were in for a treat when he plays against the miners!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 04:50 PM

507 posts, read 1,660,168 times
ive seen him play. He doesn't live up to the Jordan name.

The Miners shouldnt worry

Old 04-08-2009, 11:43 AM

710 posts, read 2,962,441 times
If he were as good as his pops he wouldn't be playing at UCF! However, maybe you all will get a glimpse of his Dad in the stands as he watches his son play. That would be enough for me.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:14 PM

422 posts, read 1,295,035 times
MJ got cut in high school, but then improved...maybe the same will happen to Marcus...just in college. What are UTEP's chances of making the big dance next year?

Old 04-08-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA2EP? View Post
What are UTEP's chances of making the big dance next year?
Well with Memphis probably falling down a notch from this year, the chances are actually pretty good!

Old 04-09-2009, 09:08 AM

710 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Do you guys prefer being in Conference USA? I wish UTEP would join the Mountain West. I grew up a season ticket holder to the Lobo games, and I always got excited for the UTEP games. In fact one of my fondest memories of EP came when I was just 11 or 12 years old. We drove down for the WAC Championship, and my parents car overheated just outside EP. We got it into a shop then checked into the Embassy Suites. We were walking through the lobby wearing our Lobo Shirts and Gary Colson our former coach said hello, we'll see you at the game. We said we'll be late since our car was in the shop and we still needed to get settled in since we were late. He told us to put our bags in our room and come back down, he had two rental cars and lent one to us so we didn't miss the game. Class act, and what a great memory. I remember having a great time at the tourney.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:40 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finmqa1 View Post
Do you guys prefer being in Conference USA? I wish UTEP would join the Mountain West. I grew up a season ticket holder to the Lobo games, and I always got excited for the UTEP games. In fact one of my fondest memories of EP came when I was just 11 or 12 years old. We drove down for the WAC Championship, and my parents car overheated just outside EP. We got it into a shop then checked into the Embassy Suites. We were walking through the lobby wearing our Lobo Shirts and Gary Colson our former coach said hello, we'll see you at the game. We said we'll be late since our car was in the shop and we still needed to get settled in since we were late. He told us to put our bags in our room and come back down, he had two rental cars and lent one to us so we didn't miss the game. Class act, and what a great memory. I remember having a great time at the tourney.

Great post Finmqa1 !!

I hate the Con USA as that's why my interest in UTEP sports has faded. I too remember the great battles in the old WAC in the 70's, 80's and early 90's and also all the Mountain West teams are in the Western USA or Colorado Rocky region like UTEP is as i just can't get excited for Central Florida, East Carolina or Southern Miss but anyway to each their own on their prefrences.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:09 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,138,149 times
The MWC did not want us so I don't give them a second thought. I have learned to really like the C-USA. We get a lot more east coast attention now. UAB, UCF, and ECU are always fun games.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:43 PM

I think we should have stayed in the WAC.
It's more competitive even though it doesnt get as much tv attention.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:31 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,138,149 times
The WAC that we left doesn't exist. I don't want any part of the current WAC. I very much prefer C-USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: