Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 12:49 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,496,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bd123 View Post
I just got a job offer for 38.00 an hour in El Paso and I needed a job desperately. My wife is from Mexico and got paperwork to enter legally. I joyfully came to the NM /El Paso area and I have been here for 5 years. Prior, I served in Iraq and Afghanistan as other campaigns. There's not much difference between all three I have found. So I turned down the job offer and we will move out of here as bad as I need a job for my family. The area is so polluted chemically and the military/ commercial planes spray chem trails all over us to try to create clouds as reflect the radiation back into space using aluminum nano technology among other concentrated chemicals to change weather behavior. The military pilots balk at doing it all the time as they know what it is. It is too concentrated here as they deliver the spray night and day. It's in the soil, the water and air. You think it's normal by now as you see it everyday. Those are not jet fumes or contrails you see in the sky. Perhaps you may not understand what's going on. We are their current test subjects apparently. Just like the soldiers who are in these desert campaigns to test new equipment and toxic items. You have seen the horrible weather patterns across the states. Weather stations try to pass it off as something else. But, they tell me too and won't go on record because of their job risk. Many are dying from this. The elderly, the medical fragile as our little children with new brain tumors are the unlucky. I have never seen so much cancer concentrated in one spot. The aero mixture is poisonous and we breathe, eat, and absorb it in our skin. I work in the death/ medical industry. I see it first hand. This is a unhealthy place to live. However, I've explored places to go or what to do in the area in the past 5 years. Ruidoso is about the closest to civilization. Your sunsets can be beautiful as the sunrise. The rest, you can have. I suppose there is a lot for those who were born here or do not know there is another world out there. I have been to 18 different countries and 38 states as assimulated into many cultures. I am not racist. My wife is Hispanic. But, I am happy to leave now, this month with out a job or health insurance to protect my family. My wife has had cancer and hopefully the treatment she got out of state is working. She is from Mexico and has no family history of cancer or markers. She has been in this area for 25 years. The Drs indicate it could had been environmental industrial petro to chemicals and or what they spray on us. We followed the trail of medical people who have left. Drs are leaving too to protect their families. We are out of here.
Uh...wow...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 02:47 AM

38 posts, read 53,212 times
I moved to Tucson not too long ago, and I have no regrets. I hated El Paso, the city with no opportunity, rude people, slow service, bad drivers, and almost as dirty as LA. My life has really changed a lot and has improved. There is nothing I miss about El Paso at all. Tucson is much better. Not to mention, the air over in Tucson is breathable compared to El Paso air.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:51 PM

643 posts, read 1,314,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherall View Post
I moved to Tucson not too long ago, and I have no regrets. I hated El Paso, the city with no opportunity, rude people, slow service, bad drivers, and almost as dirty as LA. My life has really changed a lot and has improved. There is nothing I miss about El Paso at all. Tucson is much better. Not to mention, the air over in Tucson is breathable compared to El Paso air.

Good riddance! I'll pass on Tucson the school system is beyond broken over there.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCCW View Post
Good riddance! I'll pass on Tucson the school system is beyond broken over there.
But the city is just so much better than El Paso. There are no factories, no trash on the streets, and it feels a lot safer. The school system though seems to be a problem. But Phoenix tops the 2 for sure. I hope to move there in Spring 2018 and permanently reside there.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:18 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,142,312 times
No trash in Tucson?

Old 09-28-2016, 07:36 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,089,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherall View Post
But the city is just so much better than El Paso. There are no factories, no trash on the streets, and it feels a lot safer. The school system though seems to be a problem. But Phoenix tops the 2 for sure. I hope to move there in Spring 2018 and permanently reside there.
"Feels safer" isn't exactly a concrete statistic, is it?

El Paso has crime but for a city this size, it's not as bad as it could be. I think El Paso gets a bad rep due to being across from Juarez.

Sure, the people here suck at driving but in terms of crime (especially violent crime), this is a pretty safe city statistic wise. Just like in any larger city, crime tends to concentrate in specific areas.

Phoenix isn't even a comparison to Tucson or El Paso. Phoenix is the 6th largest in the US by population, of course they're going to have a much different feel. But with larger cities come larger problems.

El Paso isn't perfect by far but from a military station perspective, I think this is a hidden gem. Honestly, I wouldn't live here if I weren't stationed here but a lot of guys who retire or ETS like it here enough to stay.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:12 PM

797 posts, read 753,689 times
Lived here all my life,leaving soon(hopefully)
1. Too crowded for a city of nothing.
2.People are becoming more and more rude it seems. They lack the common sense to walk or even drive on the correct side. Not just the ones from the other side either.
3. Too predictable weather. I love rain, and seasons really.
4. Did I mention the drivers?
5. Jobs are sparse .
6.El Paso is the only major city in Texas lacking real growth besides an influx of population . Again,the job thing.
7. City council stresses out even Oscar .
To those who enjoy it here, to each its own.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:22 AM

156 posts, read 182,374 times
We just left. I did come to enjoy the city, even with its warts. Wife hated it there. No jobs, nothing to do with children. Culturally, it was a shock to her as well. Getting dependable help was always an issue as well.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
Lived here all my life,leaving soon(hopefully)
1. Too crowded for a city of nothing.
2.People are becoming more and more rude it seems. They lack the common sense to walk or even drive on the correct side. Not just the ones from the other side either.
3. Too predictable weather. I love rain, and seasons really.
4. Did I mention the drivers?
5. Jobs are sparse .
6.El Paso is the only major city in Texas lacking real growth besides an influx of population . Again,the job thing.
7. City council stresses out even Oscar .
To those who enjoy it here, to each its own.
1. El Paso is very crowded because of Ciudad Juarez. I would say the El Paso/Juarez Metroplex has a bigger population than Houston. Also keep in mind too that people from Las Cruces and the small towns in the middle of nowhere go to El Paso often.

2. The drivers are very rude and the customer service is really rude too. I live in Tucson now, and the people here, half are rude and half are nice. But in El Paso, the majority of everyone is rude, yet, it's a Texas city. But Phoenix has the friendliest people, friendlier than anywhere in Texas.

3. Weather is bipolar. Also, when it rains, the El Pasoans have to ruin it by causing accidents on the highways and causing backed up traffic. Over here in Tucson, it's so joyful when it rains. No lines, no accidents, and you can actually enjoy it.

4. Tucson drivers are much better, but you still find idiots that don't know how to drive over here. I have however seen more road rage in Tucson. I saw a guy shout out his window to another driver here, something I've never seen in El Paso. But it's easier to switch lanes here and you rarely get honked at.

5. Tucson is the land of opportunity.

6. Very true.

7. Horrible city council in El Paso, worst in the nation actually. I noticed how differently Tucson is run because we have an awesome city council here.

I realized that I lived in a hell hole most of my life when I moved to Tucson. I'm so happy I left, but it sucks I still have to go back and visit, because my family is there and they love living in El Paso. But I left, and I could not have been happier. I like Arizona better than Texas. It's close to California and the people are very friendly. When I go back, I'm going to try to stay only for like maybe a max of 5 days.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
No trash in Tucson?
Only in the bad areas there are, but compared to El Paso, the nice areas here don't have any trash on the streets. In El Paso, even the rich areas are trashy and you see garbage on the sidewalk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso