Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 01:10 PM

6 posts, read 13,336 times

Advertisements

Hi! My fiance and I are moving to El Paso in February. We're moving from Grand Rapids, MI. I am very very excited for the weather change. I strongly oppose the cold. Just wondering if you could just give me some tips for when we move, what I am going to experience which MI cannot offer. And I also would like information on the city. I don't have any idea what part of El Paso we're moving to yet, but beyond that, I am MORE than excited to leave this strange-weathered state. Thank goodness I'll be leaving in the dead of winter. That should make it fun for a few hours of driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 02:04 PM

271 posts, read 810,561 times
This is going to be fun. Hang on tight here we go again.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:11 PM

756 posts, read 2,001,245 times
Lol.......

Old 10-22-2008, 02:24 PM

730 posts, read 1,897,232 times
Oh my....if you dig down into the threads for El Paso, you will see the passion from both sides on this topic of moving to ELP. I agree with Desert Dog, hang on!

Old 10-22-2008, 02:25 PM

This was a fun one.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/el-pa...o-schools.html

Old 10-22-2008, 02:26 PM

And another...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/el-pa...-nebraska.html

Old 10-22-2008, 05:50 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,397,086 times
tell us first if you will, why did you choose El Paso?

Old 10-22-2008, 07:46 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,747,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaticleigh View Post
Hi! My fiance and I are moving to El Paso in February. We're moving from Grand Rapids, MI. I am very very excited for the weather change. I strongly oppose the cold. Just wondering if you could just give me some tips for when we move, what I am going to experience which MI cannot offer. And I also would like information on the city. I don't have any idea what part of El Paso we're moving to yet, but beyond that, I am MORE than excited to leave this strange-weathered state. Thank goodness I'll be leaving in the dead of winter. That should make it fun for a few hours of driving.

It's very hard to predict who will like and who will not like El Paso.

The weather here is great -- you still have a little bit of a winter here, about 2 days. It's like a long autumn and a long summer. You won't see the 3 weeks of cloud-cover with no hint of the sun here, you'll see the sun every single day.

The cities are similar in size, and you'll have a similar distance if you like to "get-away" to the cool northern woods. You won't have the lakes and rivers however. The first summer might seem a bit scorching hot -- it's not like the muggy steamy hot days you might be used to -- it's a dry baking hot kind of heat -- very pleasant because you don't sweat.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,445,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaticleigh View Post

I am originally from EP (Now live in Houston area) but lived in Ann Arbor, MI for about 9 months. The biggest difference is the weather like you mentioned, and next will be the culture shock. Firs off all it will actually be hot for most of the summer and parts of spring and fall, unlike MI which can have a cool front from Canada to drop down the temps into the 70s even in the middle of August. But the winters will be a breeze for you since EP hardly ever gets snow and even when it does snow it's only like 1/2" and will melt by noon.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:04 PM

71 posts, read 201,649 times
Default Your move will be great!

I dont know much about where you are coming from but I can tell you I love EP. The weather is great! I think if you want to know about the city its best to view it like this: There is West/ Northeast/ East/ Lower Valley which is like South/ Central and then there is the ends of EP like Horizon/Socorro or New Mexico Border. Each have their different traits and characteristics. If you want it to be more farm, rural etc. Ends are the way to go. Never do Central as it isnt really recommended, by ME. West is nice, Northeast is lots of Miltary, and East is up and coming growing. If you need a relator I have a great one!

It will be great!!!!! Welcome in Feb!

PTL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso