Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 03:17 AM

4,709 posts, read 12,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
Above poster: the USPS loses mail a lot...

Well, then I've been very lucky. I've been paying bills, filing taxes, etc by mail for about 35 years and have never had this happen before.

What is the alternative....paying bills online? I haven't had any luck with that at all....hackers got me twice within just a few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 08:24 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,058,787 times
I have used my bank's on-line interface to pay bills for years and have never been compromised.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:37 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,249,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Well, then I've been very lucky. I've been paying bills, filing taxes, etc by mail for about 35 years and have never had this happen before.

What is the alternative....paying bills online? I haven't had any luck with that at all....hackers got me twice within just a few years.
"Well, then I've been very lucky. I've been paying bills, filing taxes, etc by mail for about 35 years and have never had this happen before."

I've had mine lost/delivered to the wrong address several times...And I have had mail delivered to my address several times that wasn't my address..Once I even had a ladies SS check delivered to my address...She lived about 1/2 mile from me so I took it to her.. I have a piece of mail right now that belongs to my neighbor, I will take it to them when they get home from work...

So it happens often and you are lucky if it has not happened to you, but I bet it has and just don't know it because it was not an important piece of mail.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:54 AM

19,545 posts, read 9,561,689 times
Anyone see this yet? Been hearing this from CNN too alot today 9/28.
Credit card limits being cut based on where you shop. « Aware Brain

Short excerpt:
Credit card companies are now admitting to using profiling of your purchase patterns, and cutting credit limits accordingly. Even if you pay your statement on time, or even in full, your credit card limit will be cut if you shop at the wrong stores.
A “wrong store” is flagged if other customers that shop there pay their bills late. An American Express cardholder, with a 764 FICO score, had his line cut from $10,800 to $3,800:
[CENTER]“….one of the reasons American Express gave for lowering his credit limit: “Other customers who have used their card at establishments where you recently shopped have a poor repayment history with American Express.” [/CENTER]

This stinks !!!!
Yeah, well we're sorry that's happening but why take it out on the individual person WHO IS making payments? Not everyone has cash on them at all times and here we're coming up on the holidays and we want to get presents for family members. It seems like this policy is going to hurt alot of stores.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:10 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,098,430 times
Over the last 1-2 years I paid off a bunch of my CC debt that was either ending its promo period or they where they jacking up the rate, now they are flooding me with balance transfer offers again.

Seems like they realized that their old methods of evaluating risk were horrible and refined matters over the last 1-2 years and are starting to more aggressively make offers to people that are good risks under their updated models.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:20 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,942,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Over the last 1-2 years I paid off a bunch of my CC debt that was either ending its promo period or they where they jacking up the rate, now they are flooding me with balance transfer offers again.

Seems like they realized that their old methods of evaluating risk were horrible and refined matters over the last 1-2 years and are starting to more aggressively make offers to people that are good risks under their updated models.
I agree...I've been getting deluged by credit card companies as I paid off a bunch of debt and my credit is pretty good. Maybe moving lot helps too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics