Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 12:48 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,152 times

Advertisements

Yes, it is true in this case. Unless...

No, it's true. There is no unless.

http://www.businessinsider.com/1-tri...-buying-2017-4

Central banks injected over $2T in equity markets in 2017. The number might be closer to $3T. Bank of America reported $2T in Sept 2017.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...e-record-highs

The total amount of liquidity provided by central banks to equity markets is over $15T!!!

So now, central banks are set to pull out of equities in 2018.

Explain where the money is going to come from.

Can anyone explain to me who is going to pick up the slack? Do you think the tax plan will free up that much in assets?

Seriously folks, how else will this end?

I think the FED will take the place of other central banks, but that is also ridiculous. I mean, how long can this last?

How else can this end? Thoughts? I have no idea. I can't see anything else, but major problems.

And if I'm right about an oil shock in the near future.

That's it. Say goodbye to the last 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 12:55 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,152 times
Ask yourself. Does any of this feel natural? Does it make sense that the VIX is 10 when the market has been moving up on such low volume?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/beneath...ing-1508405403

If it wasn't for central banks purchasing assets, there is no POSSIBLE WAY that the market could be up this high, and move up on low volume and no volatility with essentially no corrections.

It's insanity.

I'm not someone who is so stubborn to not be open to suggestions on how this could be mitigated.

Does anyone have any idea how the market won't crash???

I mean, $2T!!! Where is it gonna come from????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics