Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 12:13 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,633,198 times

Advertisements

Why am I not surprised that Central Banks have once again created a giant, speculative world-wide debt bubble that is once again bursting. I suppose they will devalue currencies (destroy savings) once again to save their billionaire cronies.

Why This Correction Will Likely Lead To Another Painful Bear Market | Seeking Alpha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 12:31 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,973,821 times
What is the Bubble in: Forex?

Old 09-01-2015, 02:18 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,587,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Bear market ahead.
When? Anyone can sit here and play expert by saying someday the market will do down (or up) on some unspecified time frame, how about you distinguish yourself by narrowing it down to something better than "ahead" for us?

Would your latest bear market call be any different than the one you made over three years ago in May 2012:
Quote:
World wide stock market Bear market (check what is happening around the world) and soon to hit the U.S.

Or how about your brilliant call of the market topping out in November 2012:

Quote:
If you look at the long term charts, the Dow appears to be topping out.
Your "topping out" prediction in late 2012 was of course followed by the S&P500 rising almost 30% in 2013, I'm sure you made a real killing there eh?

I wonder if you'll finally be the broken clock that hits the hour this time.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:07 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,186,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
What is the Bubble in: Forex?
Silly ideas about the economy. Anyone can see we have way too many of those.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:48 AM

14,016 posts, read 20,919,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
When? Anyone can sit here and play expert by saying someday the market will do down (or up) on some unspecified time frame, how about you distinguish yourself by narrowing it down to something better than "ahead" for us?

Would your latest bear market call be any different than the one you made over three years ago in May 2012:

Or how about your brilliant call of the market topping out in November 2012:

Your "topping out" prediction in late 2012 was of course followed by the S&P500 rising almost 30% in 2013, I'm sure you made a real killing there eh?

I wonder if you'll finally be the broken clock that hits the hour this time.
Excellent, Lieqiang. It is rather incredible that gloom and doomers such richrf can keep posting year after year without apparent embarrassment. Do they really believe their own drivel or do they just enjoy riling people up with their irrationality? Of course they can buttress their ideas with selective blog quotes from the internet. No idea is too absurd and ridiculous as to lack adherents on the internet.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:59 AM

The market, and only the market, has been artificially goosed by the Central Banks printing presses. All this at the expense of producing a world economy that is rotten to the core. A good plan? I guess that remains to be seen.

Not sure whether China's printing presses can levitate the world's markets further without totally destroying China's economy but this whole experiment of trickle down on steroids is an interesting one. We'll just have to wait and see whether it is a good idea to destroy the middle class in order to save the top 1%.

My guess is that since we have already retraced 2015 and 2014 that 2013 is not far behind. But then again, maybe poor people won't mind much if the Central Banks once again impoverish them in order to save stock market gamblers.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:14 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,209,134 times
Quote:
The market, and only the market, has been artificially goosed by the Central Banks printing presses. All this at the expense of producing a world economy that is rotten to the core. A good plan? I guess that remains to be seen.

Not sure whether China's printing presses can levitate the world's markets further without totally destroying China's economy but this whole experiment of trickle down on steroids is an interesting one. We'll just have to wait and see whether it is a good idea to destroy the middle class in order to save the top 1%.

My guess is that since we have already retraced 2015 and 2014 that 2013 is not far behind. But then again, maybe poor people won't mind much if the Central Banks once again impoverish them in order to save stock market gamblers.
I'm not sure if I'd classify this as gobblely-**** or gibberish, but it is definitely nonsensical.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:18 AM

Keep gambling. We'll see if the house can keep you in the game.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:54 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,256,260 times
I too predict gloom and doom. Possibly this year, possibly sometime in the future. But whenever they happen, I predict that the doom will happen before the gloom. And that it might take years of gloom before the market will finally zoom. And that when it finally does zoom, it will be the start of a boom.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
I too predict gloom and doom. Possibly this year, possibly sometime in the future. But whenever they happen, I predict that the doom will happen before the gloom. And that it might take years of gloom before the market will finally zoom. And that when it finally does zoom, it will be the start of a boom.
I don't know when "the market" became the economy rather than a reflection of the state of the economy. On yes. I do recall from my history lessons. I believe it was 1929. Only 20 years of gloom followed. I guess that is the price we all have to pay to make the Uber-rich Uber-happy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics