Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 02:18 PM

123 posts, read 96,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
All of those are facts, (well except that debt at the state level is high, by law they have to have balanced budgets).. What does it have to do with a stimulus package?
There's a anti-war sidebar on that one

While I can't necessarily disagree with the statement nor the association, I find it discouraging for people to use politicially motivated arguments to make a point that isn't supposed to be partisan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 02:25 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
could i interest you in some crude oil? The one thing everyone wants. Hurricane Katrina's little sister Tamika comes to the Gulf and you are a trillioniare. ba-da-bing!!!!!!
Excellent idea! At least crude oil is hedge against inflation!

Old 01-20-2008, 02:29 PM

123 posts, read 96,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Excellent idea! At least crude oil is hedge against inflation!
Crude oil has only risen 20% in relation to gold over the past 30 years. Not a substantial investment, although priced in dollars it APPEARS lucrative. Although future performance may surprise me .

Old 01-20-2008, 03:01 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
What we should do...is stop the Iraq Occupation 1 year early.

At 10 billion a month, in 1 short year, we'll have 120 billion dollars.

Just give that as a "rebate" to consumers. Problem solved.

Add more years for an even greater effect.

LoL.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:18 PM

80 posts, read 276,992 times
Good point 70ford, if it wasnt for the real reason we are over there, I would say there is a chance. Is it oil, is it terrorism, is it to protect the rest of the world,,,,,,, Just think if all the reasons for being there were solved and troups were not there. Now that is real bucks. Of course, military stocks would fall?

Old 01-26-2008, 11:39 PM

91 posts, read 408,717 times
Quote:
what will it do in the long term, other than increase our national debt level another $145 billion (plus interest paid to China)?
My thoughts exactly

Old 01-27-2008, 03:31 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,908 times
Manufacturing with blue and white collar jobs would solve the problem.
The government should give incentives to businesses to locate their productions and operations here in America, not overseas.

This would stimulate the economy by providing jobs, which in turn, has people spending.

The opposite is true right now.

Jobs.
Jobs.
Jobs.
And not Walmart, Collection agencies, mall security guards, call centers, trade school jobs. Real jobs, with livable incomes with upward mobility and benefits.

Jobs.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:53 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,545,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
American is in debt at the personal, state, and federal levels

The dollar is in a freefall

Gas prices have Doubled since the Iraq War began
Wait until Team Moron (aka Bush / Cheney) pull the trigger on Iran.

It will go up 4 to 8 times then.

Heck of a job yur doing there, GW

Old 01-28-2008, 10:03 AM

83 posts, read 66,446 times
My strategy is to sell my home and convert them to euros or get gold.The dollar is already too low and may go to 2 dollars per euro.It should have been done a gazillion years ago.You can convert your dollars into foreign currency at airports since there is a lack of currency exchange offices here.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:05 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,866,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
It's the classic "borrow your way out of debt" scenario. Wait. That makes no sense.
or the classic "make everyone FEEL good since elections are coming up". m. bloomberg said the other day "it's time to start making decisions based on the business cycle, not the political cycle".

its only funny because its true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics