Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 03:22 PM

34,131 posts, read 83,135,870 times

Advertisements

It's A Wonderful Life bank run - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 03:40 PM

795 posts, read 1,393,683 times
jimhcom subscribes to his own economic theories.

For instance, he believes employees and shareholders share in corporate profits.

Also that employees bear the risks of value creation.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:04 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,300,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
An arguement that is only based on quotes from authority figures is not evidence. The truth stands on what can be proven to be true, not the merits of what people think about it. At the time it was happening or not.

If some one says that something happened and that can be verfied through evidence, then they are shown to be true. What you have in the article is a claim that the author presented, and went looking for a vague quote (with no other evidence) by a figure of the time...then stated their claim was true.

The difference is that some one claims what was happening in NASA during the time of the moon landing, we can find documents and others that say the same thing, it is true. What the author did was start with a premise, like the moon landing was faked, and found some one living at the same time that said something that supports his premise by snipping out certain bits (nothing else)...then declared his premise to be true. The first one is reality, the second one is not truth.

This is basic logic.

If some one lies, I call them a liar. I am not really interested if it offends the liars sensabilities. If people want to not be called a liar then they shouldn't lie. Complaining doesn't correct the problem, or help them look better in anyone else's eyes.
In this particular case, we are talking about problems with central banking. I contend that problems with central banking are something that has plagued our country sense before its conception, and in fact was instrumental in its founding.

Using quotes from the founding fathers which are talking about that very subject simply proves that point. Unless the quotes can proved to be fake, they actually did say those things, and your whole ruse is simply a ploy to run the thread off topic.

Furthermore, if you want to see a liar look in the mirror, in addition you are also a coward who spews insults from the safety of your keyboard you would never have the courage to say to my face.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:33 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,467,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
In this particular case, we are talking about problems with central banking. I contend that problems with central banking are something that has plagued our country sense before its conception, and in fact was instrumental in its founding.

Using quotes from the founding fathers which are talking about that very subject simply proves that point. Unless the quotes can proved to be fake, they actually did say those things, and your whole ruse is simply a ploy to run the thread off topic.
What is true is what can be proven true, not just want can't be proven false. I covered this in my first post. While the second covered why quoting mining people is not evidence. I am sure there is a basic reading class provided in your city.

It is not off topic to demand the topic be true. It's what should happen before the topic is started.

Quote:
Furthermore, if you want to see a liar look in the mirror, in addition you are also a coward who spews insults from the safety of your keyboard you would never have the courage to say to my face.
Thanks internet tough guy I am sure some 13 year olds are out there for you to talk to.

You really need to grow up as it seems adulthood has left you behind.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:11 PM

1,924 posts, read 2,377,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
It's worth noting that shortly after Andrew Jackson paid off the national debt, a major banking crisis ensued. With no debt, government reserves were not available to the private banks. They were forced to either relax lending standards with unsafe reserve ratios, or stop lending entirely with safe reserves. Either way, it was lose-lose.
Yes, it had become a matter of national pride that we would pay back every red cent of the money borrowed to gain our independence. That was the kind of nation we wanted to be. The War of 1812 put a big dent in those plans, but we kept at it and finally did reach the goal. Then we looked around and realized that aside from that national pride thing, there wasn't a reason to have done it. And with things as they were at the time (chaotic), we went back into debt rather quickly, then very, very quickly with the coming of the Civil War.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:38 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,044,997 times
whenever I hear someone trying to convince me about Secret societies, Global warming, Veganism, Aliens and other BS like that I automatically lump them into the nutjob catagory and go about my business.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
What is true is what can be proven true, not just want can't be proven false. I covered this in my first post. While the second covered why quoting mining people is not evidence. I am sure there is a basic reading class provided in your city.

It is not off topic to demand the topic be true. It's what should happen before the topic is started.

Thanks internet tough guy I am sure some 13 year olds are out there for you to talk to.

You really need to grow up as it seems adulthood has left you behind.
Are the quote real? Did the forefathers discuss the poverty which afflicted Europe and caused poverty there that was not a problem in the Colonies? Did they or did they not warn of the dangers of central banks.

I am not saying that because the forefathers said it, that proves they were right. What I am saying is that the fact they made the quotes is proof the issues existed. Therefore the problems with central banking have affected this country since before its conception.

Now is there anything else I can break down to a 3rd grade level for you so you can understand it?

Old 07-27-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
whenever I hear someone trying to convince me about Secret societies, Global warming, Veganism, Aliens and other BS like that I automatically lump them into the nutjob catagory and go about my business.
And you put American history into those categories?

Old 07-27-2013, 09:17 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonite View Post
Did anyone remember that Franklin was a printer? Would it surprise anyone to learn that his personal wealth was well advanced by becoming the official printer of the paper currency of Pennsylvania? And then of New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland?

Meanwhile, credit financed the settlement of the colonies. Nobody came here except on borrowed money. Credit financed the Revolutionary War. Awash in debt, it took the new nation until 1835 to pay it all back. Where does credit come from?
What is "credit"? More importantly - how bankers come up with new "credit" since "credit" (as space) expands to infinity? Why they charge what they charge for "credit"? The way "credit" is created (and distributed) creates "haves" and "have nots", parasites and peons within each and every society run by the abstract financial instruments. I don't think, one has to have a conspiracy theory to understand the obvious (but not emphasized) truth.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:48 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,467,455 times
Quote:
Are the quote real? Did the forefathers discuss the poverty which afflicted Europe and caused poverty there that was not a problem in the Colonies? Did they or did they not warn of the dangers of central banks.

I am not saying that because the forefathers said it, that proves they were right. What I am saying is that the fact they made the quotes is proof the issues existed. Therefore the problems with central banking have affected this country since before its conception.
Their quotes about unhappiness at banks holding a lot of wealth in the hands of a few people doesn't mean there is a vast evil banking conspiracy. There's no logic in that. There is no identification that there is a conspiracy, who the conspirators are, how they are doing it, and what conspiracy is true. You can't tell which of all the crazy conspiracies people rave about on street corners is true. Were they talking about Jews, Mole people, shape-shifting lizards, or grey space aliens?

I guess that is a boon because as people disprove each conspiracy the lunatic can jump to a new one claiming these exact same quotes.

Quote:
Now is there anything else I can break down to a 3rd grade level for you so you can understand it?
If the only way this makes sense is to believe in it like a 3rd grader believes in Santa, there is nothing reason can do to shake the belief. Also, like a 3rd grader that still believes Santa is a real person living in the North Pole making toys with elves as an adult...people who believe in these conspiracies need professional help. Included is a link to the behavioral health centers of San Diego for help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics