Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 01:43 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times

Advertisements

This video should WAKE UP THE WORLD if we all share this!!

Its not telling US anything we didnt already know......but its simplicity and unbiasedness is astounding! I Am sure if every person in the world was shown this vid,our current banking system wouldnt continue to operate the way it has been allowed to for centurys!!!

www.youtube.com/v/jqvKjsIxT_8

Part II: www.youtube.com/v/lsmbWBpnCNk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 04:20 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,309 times
Yes, I watched it before. Very informative and you can get this video and two other videos I recommend from this website:

www.themoneymasters.com

The Money Masters - Full - YouTube

The Secret of Oz - Winner, Best Docu of 2010 v.1.09.11 - YouTube

Also see this book:
Amazon.com: The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve (9780912986395): G. Edward Griffin: Books

All we can do is point people in the right direction and hope they educate themselves.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:34 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Yes sadly thats true....... But most ppl WILL NOT LISTEN if its not "mainstream" and thats sad

Old 04-27-2012, 07:53 AM

147 posts, read 314,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes sadly thats true....... But most ppl WILL NOT LISTEN if its not "mainstream" and thats sad
Most of the population are overly occupied with "more important" things, such as TV, sports, fashion, nightlife, etc. They are conditioned that life works the way the mainstream tells them it does. Remember, it is always easier to let things go business as usual. Hence, the term "Sheeple" (Sheep + People)

Then there's the "online scientific community," which comprises of pure skeptics on one end and conspiracy theorists on the other. One side will always find sources to debunk the other. Can you blame the sheeple for being apathetic?

As for the money issue...All I'll say is something very weird is going on. According to the Secret of Oz, every dollar is nothing more than a debt note loaned to us by the government which in turn is loaned to them by the Federal Reserve. So...by that logic we all owe the Fed for the currency it lends us for use as, well, currency. Our dollar is nothing more than someone's monopoly (with the small m) money. Now theoretically, gold is an alternative form of currency (since it is not longer backing the dollar), but with some very limited drawbacks (who holds the physical stuff? And what about supply?). We need a currency whose supply can grow organically with the economy, not controlled by some semi-private semi-public organization.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
I do like these sorts of media and information even if they only focus on an over simplified nature of our money. All money serves as hash mark for debt. To be rich is to be owed or to have credit for value of the past.

The only problem is anyone educated in main stream( read that as education provided by special interests) economics can poke holes into this. First and foremost is the Fed does rebate profits to the Treasury. Thus the Fed itself is not the scam. Banks do create money when they loan it, but they are also supposed to cover any unpaid debts. Thus a bank's compensation is for allocating credit properly, and theoretically in superior fashion to a central bank or credit allocated by tax reduction. So banks in theory do not create money from "nothing". They are supposed to be recognizing areas in the economy that deserve credit.

Problem is it doesn't work. All banks do is secure loans with assets . They don't care if the enterprise is successful or not. So instead of productive loans for capital, we end up with asset bubbles. Actual product don't matter either, and credit can be made available for rent seeking which does nothing but steal from the productive class. Even worse is banks are not even held responsible for bad loans anymore. So the entire credit system is a sham. I have no idea why banks should retain compensation when they cannot be said to be allocating credit better than a lottery. They collect when they win and we pay when they lose.

Banks should not be allowed to expand credit and we need tax laws that discourage rent seeking.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:16 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,684,438 times
It may be all too late! That enlightenment.

They call Ponzi scheme a Ponzi scheme...
Madoff sure isn't the inventor to use "promised" money (new investors money) as real profits to show to his clients.
USD = the biggest ponzi scheme of them all... operate via "trust" & "promises" which how "broken" those are today????

So yah... we might as well go the Germany route in the "hyperinflation" example:
Hyperinflation in the Weimar Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How about minimal labor pay to be at $20 (per OccupyWS) BUT that loaf of bread is $10,000 (or that german billions)
File:Inflationmedal.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^"The engraving reads: "On 1st November 1923 1 pound of bread cost 3 billion, 1 pound of meat: 36 billion, 1 glass of beer: 4 billion.""

Yah... and who else but our leaders campaigning for office today wants to cut more rate to student loans???? Costing US taxpayers what again????
Seriously, to face "reality" is to KNOW if a student cannot afford tution.... they should save up till they can *if* they really want that degree... = not coddle tactics "in the name of education" so we could compete with other countries... so we lower interest rate so you can go into more debt.

Good debt, bad debt... whatever that cloak is is still... DEBT!!!

There sure is something about learning the "old ways"... trade, from when human race first started, even from observing animals / pets (learn alot, = like what mankind really need to survive etc.)...
Tis not that broken "promise" notes... that can be good for toilet paper TY!
Tis may even not be "gold" as most important...

And it is showing where it has already affected us... that hike in food prices..... how many % since???

"Food" when it becomes that demanded commodity is equivalent or more precious than any paper money...
If you have that pound of gold & you & your family & children is hungry... needs that food....

An animal will need that food to survive, food can also be that physical "trade" for other commodity....
What good is gold, silver, copper / paper to that animal????

Think... really something to it.

P.S. Even Bankers, Presidents, Feds, College kids, Teachers, Trump with his many homes & houses... all have one thing in common...
When the fridge is empty & you are hungry... we all needs to EAT!

Last edited by hueyeats; 04-27-2012 at 11:29 AM..

Old 04-27-2012, 11:51 AM

What people most don't seem to know is that debt is now our most fungible trade good. Most cannot conceive the paradox that reducing debt reduces the money supply. Its like trying to read to monkeys. No matter how many times I tell them their mortgage debt/money added to the liquidity and money supply, they don't get it. Reducing the public debt is financial media brain washing pap. The some 27 trillion dollar housing bubble debt doesn't matter to them , yet the low cost public debt is what they want to pay off. The only way to pay off the 15 trillion dollar public debt is with another 15 trillion in private debt. Debt can never be reduced in the aggregate without a depression. All that can ever occur is a debt swap from one account to the other.

I am sure I just read that to many more monkeys.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:47 PM

Yes, and then when our sugardaddy China decides to come & collect....
Our people will be pimping out their homes, land rights, resources, food, energy, sons & daughters etc. to pay big daddy back!
Letting them take Taiwan back without US's interference will be one of that conditions too...

How else is USA paying China back when the rents come around???
Banks pumping more money with USA people's debt??? Using more debt to pay that debt to another country???? No. When US dollars mean nothing to the world (don't hold that trust anymore)... USA better pay that loanshark back with something "substantial" (like resources & food etc.).

"If" you are that loanshark... would you accept "more" of that worthless paper money (knowing what they really are but debt)??? Don't think so.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
Yes, and then when our sugardaddy China decides to come & collect....
Our people will be pimping out their homes, land rights, resources, food, energy, sons & daughters etc. to pay big daddy back!
Letting them take Taiwan back without US's interference will be one of that conditions too...

How else is USA paying China back when the rents come around???
Banks pumping more money with USA people's debt??? Using more debt to pay that debt to another country???? No. When US dollars mean nothing to the world (don't hold that trust anymore)... USA better pay that loanshark back with something "substantial" (like resources & food etc.).

"If" you are that loanshark... would you accept "more" of that worthless paper money (knowing what they really are but debt)??? Don't think so.
I very much doubt it will happen like this. They will collect inflated currency printed at will which will drive up commodity prices in dollar terms, aka cheapening American labor, which will result in many things like a bit of austerity, efficiency, relaxation of environmental laws to some degree etc.

China will find out what Japan, Germany and the US has. Manufacturing is fickle. Being the financially clever and manipulating middleman is where the money and power is. Good and service were best appropriated through war and we are in an age of financial warfare. The wrong people in every country will win.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:23 PM

Ohhh and technology...
I forgot, technology is also something China wants form USA besides that "promise of more debt" as repayment.

Chinese Hackers Stole Plans for America's New Joint Strike Fighter Plane, Says Investigations Subcommittee Chair | CNSNews.com

The chinese hackers most probably supported by their own government (else why military technology).
If I am the China & USA owes me that whatever Trillion... hey you owe me, pay me back NOW & not the still inflating money or you can give me a little sugar so I can give you more time to pay back etc...

That "buy more time" payment could very well be that!

Yah....
what fool wants their payment back in USD when USD is not worth what it was in 2007-8??? Who wants that "disadvantage"???
Give me some "advantage" & we'll talk!!!

P.S. Takes a chinese to think like a chinese???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics