Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:15 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,906,455 times

Advertisements

I guess the "Obama recovery" has been good for a few people. Just not 90% of us.
CEO pay soars while workers' pay stalls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 08:54 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,179,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
I guess the "Obama recovery" has been good for a few people. Just not 90% of us.
Nice. This indicates that companies are profitable. My income jumped quite a bit this year as well.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:42 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,947,024 times
One has to rememeber that more and more of corporate profits come from foreign revenues.Since the 70's perhaps 70% of friend who work i the crude oil business are now working overseas also.In countries like Brixil thier growth is four time what ours is and China is slowing their's down while our isn't enough to make any company hire much for domestic growth.Een the american auto compnaie know that china and other growt countires are were the future sales are.Mnay US investors are profiting from their ownership of such compnaies and overseas profits.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:28 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,111,751 times
Just was thinking yesterday of how long and tiresome this depression is getting

why did obama not just wait on health care ? this just was a bomb that divided this country doesnt matter what side your on with the issue
the timing with the depression was not proper

i know you cant blame or give credit to the president for an entire economy
but as a leader i would have liked to seen him battling the war on the middle class vs. the non sense in the middle east
take care of your affairs at home then go out to the world

healthcare could have waited
the recovery act or what ever its called is a failure
energy prices are thru the roof
its free enterprise but stop giving breaks to the companies that are shipping jobs over seas and its operations cut the loopholes , equal the playing field

its trickle down economics it trickles down to the middle class person getting jammed with a heavy load

i for one am sick and tired of the gloom and doom of the us
if this is what its about in america its surely to fail
this is one bad chapter in u.s. history

Old 07-09-2011, 06:11 AM

707 posts, read 1,294,532 times
We need to get back to basics. Does anybody ever talk about the real cost of a barrel of oil? Add in about 50% of the defense budget we spend on the Middle East to the $100 market price. We have been pouring money into marauding around the middle east like Genghis Khan for years. We need to bring the future back home. We are truly blessed as one of very few nations on earth that can be self sufficient. We can feed ourselves, produce energy ourselves, and have a large and fairly well educated population. The over-reach of empire has pushed us to the brink as all empires have in history. Nobody measures the very real and human cost of so called free trade and globalization. It has served it's masters well, the corporate and political elites. For the vast majority of americans, it has been an unmitigated disaster. We promote the rise in standard of living of the third world at the expense of our own? A real developed country would take care of it's own first

Old 07-09-2011, 08:30 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,111,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyP View Post
We need to get back to basics. Does anybody ever talk about the real cost of a barrel of oil? Add in about 50% of the defense budget we spend on the Middle East to the $100 market price. We have been pouring money into marauding around the middle east like Genghis Khan for years. We need to bring the future back home. We are truly blessed as one of very few nations on earth that can be self sufficient. We can feed ourselves, produce energy ourselves, and have a large and fairly well educated population. The over-reach of empire has pushed us to the brink as all empires have in history. Nobody measures the very real and human cost of so called free trade and globalization. It has served it's masters well, the corporate and political elites. For the vast majority of americans, it has been an unmitigated disaster. We promote the rise in standard of living of the third world at the expense of our own? A real developed country would take care of it's own first
agree with you rpost all the way to the finish line.
espicially the last comment

Old 07-09-2011, 12:05 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,558,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyP View Post
A++

Would or have you considered running for public office?

Old 07-09-2011, 12:07 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,558,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post

Perhaps we should all become CEOs?

Just seems like an obvious fix?

Old 07-09-2011, 06:24 PM

707 posts, read 1,294,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
A++

Would or have you considered running for public office?
Thanks for the compliment but I don't have the patience for public office. But I do work as hard as possible to contribute.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:08 PM

10 posts, read 16,006 times
Today my water heater broke. Can I use the Democrat game plan and blame Bush?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics